Halo 5 Guardians: 10/27/15

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited July 2015
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    Yes, Halo was a huge____ game with everyone in college. I remember my nephew and his buds at Abilene Christian U. would get multiple Xboxs and tvs? hooked together so they could have more players on the screens. Talk about having a blast. :)

That's what we did. We took over the study hall and had like about 10 TVs set up and we just connected a bunch of XBOXs at University of Illinois. We would have tournaments and go from there.

Around the same era, it was the first time I had access to a T1 line... because I lived in the dorms... and we realized we had enough bandwidth to play video games against each other - for the first time we began to play over LAN - Counterstrike and the original Call Of Duty was huge. Starcraft was also huge. And Jedi Knight II was MASSIVE. I remember many of my friends failing classes because of gaming addiction.

A lot of these younger kids these days take the internet connectivity for granted with these consoles.. this is all new stuff. We used to have to struggle to have these large online events and we could only have it through our university network.

My audiophile nervosa disease started during that era. It wasn't music that initially started my trek for better gear - it was actually gaming. I remember my roommate had a Sony 5.1 HT setup... it was the first time I heard something like that and I was like... wow.

That was the first time I discovered Polk LSi and the likes...

Now... Halo 5 will not be as big for me as original Halo.... it was a different time in my life. But if there is a game that will disconnect me from the world, it will be Halo 5. I will probably pick up less work or shifts and I will try to incorporate gaming to my daily routine. With my 65" 4K TV.... it will be so awesome, I could almost care less of how it sounds.

I'm probably going to have to pick up some headphones for this game... I can't scare the baby.

"Headshot"
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Awww college...
    Counterstrike, madden, halo, and driving 2 hours home to get my N64, 4controllers, and Mario Kart to play *drunk driving". Best college game ever :p
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    @Joey_V

It's BOOM HEADSHOT
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Joey_V
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Awww college...
    Counterstrike, madden, halo, and driving 2 hours home to get my N64, 4controllers, and Mario Kart to play *drunk driving". Best college game ever :p

N64 with 4 controllers was INSANE! I remember that... I have 2 brothers so when we found out we could all play at once, it was over
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mrbiron
    I still have my N64....4 controllers....goldeneye, mario kart, perfect dark, and a slew of others. I doubt i will ever part with it. NFL Quarterback Club for the win!!

That system really set the bar...

On a complete side note, when my wife and i moved in together, i was going through her boxes (sickos) and came across an original Nintendo. It was a WTF moment as she hates anything and all things game related. She smiled and told me to look underneath it and there it was, Intellevision. I knew i had a keeper at that point... :D
  • EndersShadow
    Good stuff.

I have the following vintage game systems: SNES, Sega Genesis, Xbox (Halo 2 limited edition of course), N64, Nintendo, Xbox 360 (Halo 3 limited edition thats RROD :wink) and another 360 thats currently still working.....

Been toying with buying the 300 dollar NIB Xbox One on ebay but I dont know..... I may wait till Halo 3 comes out to do it, or suck it up and pray Santa likes me lol....

So I can buy a better road bike, media server build and maybe a set of nicer stereo bookshelves....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Joey_V
    I still have my N64....4 controllers....goldeneye, mario kart, perfect dark, and a slew of others. I doubt i will ever part with it. NFL Quarterback Club for the win!!

That system really set the bar...

On a complete side note, when my wife and i moved in together, i was going through her boxes (sickos) and came across an original Nintendo. It was a WTF moment as she hates anything and all things game related. She smiled and told me to look underneath it and there it was, Intellevision. I knew i had a keeper at that point... :D

whats intellivision?
  • EndersShadow
    Joey_V wrote: »
    whats intellivision?

She sure DOESNT have it... look who she married :naughty:

• mrbiron

whats intellivision?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellivision

Enders...you don't know me!!!! She married me because I'm a demon in the sack. B)
  • mrbiron
    If you're a prime member, you can buy Guardians for $49.99
  • EndersShadow
    If you're a prime member, you can buy Guardians for $49.99

Likely a Santa gift for me.... I'm ok with that as then I dont have to use my mad money for it......
  • mrbiron
    You need a "ONE" first!!! Unless you're one of those guys that buys a lawnmower while living in an apartment, or for the older people around here, put the cart before the horse... :D

Unfortunately, i sold my 2nd one so you're outa luck bucko!
  • EndersShadow
    You need a "ONE" first!!! Unless you're one of those guys that buys a lawnmower while living in an apartment, or for the older people around here, put the cart before the horse... :D

Unfortunately, i sold my 2nd one so you're outa luck bucko!

Wife said since the prices have come down I might be getting one for Christmas.....

So I will hold out for now. With baby #2 coming in a month I wont have lots of free time to play after Thanksgiving anyway, so I will hold fast.
  • mrbiron
    Dah!....don't tell me that. I'm currently "working" on #2. And finishing my house to put on the market, and and and and.....

My wife tells me, "you'll have all the time in the world after she moves out.........in 18 years."
  • EndersShadow
    My wife tells me, "you'll have all the time in the world after she moves out.........in 18 years."

Thats a lie.. 18 years later is when she pulls out the list of home improvements shes been sittin on for 18 years, as well as a list of vacation spots she want to go to..... lol
  • mrbiron
    Sooooooo, what you're telling me is we are all Doomed.
    Cancelling order now :'(:'(
  • EndersShadow
    Sooooooo, what you're telling me is we are all Doomed.
    Cancelling order now :'(:'(

LOL.... just give her some rufies and play when shes passed out...

If not a fan of doing illegal stuff, give her a box of wine for the same effect lol...
  • mrbiron
    All I know is, I will have said game at launch but may, or may not open it until the following year. What a dismal image....bleh!

I have a feeling that Mr. Rabid and Mr. Biron might as well as just forfeit. I'll see you at Halo 36.
  • Joey_V
    I don't know about you people, but I'm getting and playing the game at launch.

Sayonara!!

Especially you mrbiron.

JK
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Awesome Joey! Check back in with us and let us know what you think of the game. :)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited October 2015
    I named my dog Atari. I like video games probably more than music. It's close. Started on Atari then NES, then SNES & Genesis, then PS1, PS2, then went to PC for a while, then went to the Xbox's in order they came out with Gameboys sprinkled in between since the NES days (original, advance, SP, DS, DS lite, 3DS XL, now new 3DS XL) and an occasional oddball like the Ouya. Also bought a PS3 about a year ago just because that's where all the Japanese RPG's are.

I gave away my old systems to friends as gifts, such as the SNES and N64. They were all taking up too much space and I can easily emulate every system from PS1/N64 and back on my Ouya including every single game for each system.

Never been a fan of Halo though. Actually I'm not a huge fan of first person shooters on a controller at all. FPS's are much better on a mouse and keyboard.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mrbiron
    I don't know about you people, but I'm getting and playing the game at launch.

Sayonara!!

Especially you mrbiron.

JK

I'm getting it the 29th but won't actually pull the wrapper off until that weekend.
    Gamertag is the same as here. Find me....if you dare!
    I'm really only interested in coop but occasionally dabble in multiplayer.
  • mrbiron
    T-minus 2 days Enders.......whatcha gonna do?!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Lucky you guys! I still have 15 days to wait for the game I've been looking forward to for years. Fallout 4! I'm getting excited just thinking about it, at this very moment.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • EndersShadow
    T-minus 2 days Enders.......whatcha gonna do?!

Buy subs.....
  • mrbiron
    You have nothing to worry about. My guess is i'll get it this week and won't take it out of the packaging until early december. Life...
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I've been waiting for a new Rainbow Six game to be released for about 6 or 7 years. RS Siege is supposed to be released Dec. 1st. 2015. Rainbow Six Vegas and Vegas 2 were exceptionally fun___ games to play. I hope Ubisoft hasn't screwed this up with Siege, will wait and see.
  • @Polkie2009 I got a chance to play a few rounds of the Siege beta. You won't be disappointed. I logged days of gameplay in Rainbow Six Vegas and have been waiting for Siege since it was announced. With Halo 5, Fallout 4 and Rainbow Siege, it's going to be a great gaming holiday season.
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    HALO5 was very good.
    I took a few days off work too.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • mrbiron
    Still in the wrapper........as usual :(