Melee adapter and boom mic Dissapointment

Options
After calling customer service and asking to register my Melee headset and to get my free Xbox One adapter as advertised on the packaging of the brand new Melee headphones I purchased over the weekend, I was extremely disappointed with your associates advice... I purchased these for my Xbox One based on the promise of a free adapter as advertised. Polk's associate advised me that they stopped providing these a month ago (NO EXPIRATION DATE ON PACKAGING) and that I should return the headphones and purchase some Striker Zx phones instead. If I do that, I am out $15 for shipping to and from my address and also the Zx's are twice what I paid on a Black Friday special... On top of that I am reading all about a mic issue that was addressed by providing a boom mic. I believe one of these should be provided as well since this is a known "defect". I am not asking for anything but what was promised in your advertising and for a decent usable product.

Could someone at Polk please address this and let me know if you will honor the free adapter? If not, I believe you should exchange this set of phones for an equal set that will actually work (wirelessly) with my Xbox One. I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter. Thank you.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for posting on Polk's forum. I've sent a copy to the CEO and head of CS at Polk Audio.
    I'm sure something can be done.
    Regards, Ken
  • FSRBULLET
    Options
    Thank you Ken. I appreciate the help and quick response!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Polk will be able to supply a free adaptor to you, unfortunately it will not be available for 8 to 10 weeks. I'm sorry for the delay. Send an email to: Ken.Carter@soundunited.com and give him your name, address and the serial number.
    I hope this is helpful.
    Regards, Ken
  • VVensdays
    Options
    Will I be able to sign up for this waiting list too. I bought this headset for my brother the same day, thinking he would be able to play it with the Xbox one he is getting for Christmas, and when I get home from work looking how to register I'm told I will have to buy one from your customer service rep.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,647
    Options
    VVensdays wrote: »
    Will I be able to sign up for this waiting list too. I bought this headset for my brother the same day, thinking he would be able to play it with the Xbox one he is getting for Christmas, and when I get home from work looking how to register I'm told I will have to buy one from your customer service rep.

No boom for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svSGKJFSl-8
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for posting on Polk's forum. It would be best to call Polk's CS department at: 1-800-377-7655 for making sure you receive the adapter and boom microphone.
    Regards, Ken
  • RedDeath1337
    Options
    I called Polk and they gave me the same response. I am also using this headset on PC (Sounds fantastic) so I don't really want to return them. All of the speakers in my house (over $2,500 in my living room 7.1 setup alone) are Polk. It seems very odd to me that they wouldn't honor a offer that is plastered all over the packaging with no expiration date.

Pretty upset that I would have to spend $30 more to buy an adapter.
  • DanAk1n
    Options
    I just called that number (1-800-377-7655) Got a recording of a woman listing different extensions. She said press "0" for all other questions. I press it and get some other recording telling me "That is an invalid selection." (after 3 attempts it hangs up on you...) I just want to get an adapter so I can use this with the xbox one I ordered. If I knew it was going to be like this I wouldn't have wasted my time and money. I agree with the previous post in regards to it being odd that Polk not honor a offer that is clearly posted on the packaging with no expiration date. I was under the guise that this was a free item I got after registering. If this can be remedied I'd greatly appreciate it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Polk is going to honor the offer, they will have the boom mic back in stock in approximately one week to ten days. The adapter "puck" is going to require more time, 6 to 10 weeks. In order to get these items send an email to: Ken.Carter@soundunited.com giving him your name, address, telephone number and the serial number of the headphones.
    Regards, Ken
  • DanAk1n
    Options
    Hello,
    Polk is going to honor the offer, they will have the boom mic back in stock in approximately one week to ten days. The adapter "puck" is going to require more time, 6 to 10 weeks. In order to get these items send an email to: Ken.Carter@soundunited.com giving him your name, address, telephone number and the serial number of the headphones.
    Regards, Ken

Thank you Ken I really appreciate all your help. Email has been sent. I wasn't initially out to get the Boom mic because from what I've seen that's for the 4shot model of headsets(and I have the Melee), but I think I'm interested in getting both since listening to the headset I've become a fan of Polk. I'll be getting the 4shot for my brother in law. Am I going to have to go through this whole fiasco again then or is it possible to send both to me during this interaction?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That would be something to ask Ken Carter in your contact email. I'm glad the information was helpful.
    Take care, Ken
  • jstoyle1965
    Options
    Hey I getting very upset reading these posts here; it is almost 1 year later and you are still advising that you are giving the adapter. When I tried to go to the link that was on the package - http://www.polkaudio.com/melee - to register and to get my free adapter. I got the message that the page didn't exist any longer. That is when I tried searching the site and saw these posts. Do I need to return the headphones or is Polk still giving the adapters? If not then why would you still be advertising this if it was not being offered any longer?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    The best way to get any of the Melee accessories is through Polk's CS department at either 1-800-377-7655 or via email to polkcs@polkaudio.com
    If you can telephone that would be my recommendation.
    Regards, Ken
  • jstoyle1965
    Options
    I guess I panicked for nothing I just got of the phone with Alex (who was very nice) at Polk and he took my address and asked where and when I purchased. Alex gave me a order number and he advised that I would get an email once it shipped. Great customer service so far. If they work as well as the service that I have gotten I am sure that I will be extremely happy. Thank you Polk!