Welcome the T Series

13»

Comments

• skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    I got to lay my ears on a T50 at BB the other day and was very impressed for a $129 speaker. BTW, it had the deeper tweeter waveguide. The cabinets sound a little thin in material but since they are not very deep, they don't really ring with the thump test. The Klipsch towers really rang. On the other side were the Pioneer towers.

The first thing that stood out was the clean tight bass which actually had a little depth too. I love PR for this reason. The mids and highs were well balanced and more laid back than either the Klipsch or Pioneers but more similar to the Pioneer. However, I liked the bass of the T50 very much over the Pioneer.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • felipe
    felipe Posts: 423
    skrol wrote: »
    I got to lay my ears on a T50 at BB the other day and was very impressed for a $129 speaker. BTW, it had the deeper tweeter waveguide. The cabinets sound a little thin in material but since they are not very deep, they don't really ring with the thump test. The Klipsch towers really rang. On the other side were the Pioneer towers.

The first thing that stood out was the clean tight bass which actually had a little depth too. I love PR for this reason. The mids and highs were well balanced and more laid back than either the Klipsch or Pioneers but more similar to the Pioneer. However, I liked the bass of the T50 very much over the Pioneer.

I also got to listen to the T50's recently as well...and compared them to the Pioneers. I also like the bass on the T50 better than the Pios. However, I found the mids and highs to be more foward sounding than the Pios? I actually liked the overall sound of the T50 better than the Pioneers. We all know that BB uses lower-end equipment for speaker testing and such, but that just shows that the Polks can sound good with pretty much any AVR whether it be low-end or high. The Pioneers almost NEED better equipment to sound good.
    I actually traded my AJ Pios for my brother-in-laws full Polk TSi setup (TSi300s, CS10 and Tsi100s) because the Pios sounded ALOT better with his equipment ( ADCOM pre-amp / amps). It'll be his birhtday in a few days..the Pios were his gift...He is a happy man :). His Tsi setup sounds mighty fine with my Sony AVR..and the old lady is happy as well ( She likes the looks ALOT better ;) )

My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    edited October 2015
    these look like renderings, yeah?
    I like minimal setups (existences). the concept really appeals to me.
    unfortunately, I'm not brave enough.
    D2Lo wrote: »
    Thought you guys might like see some more pics.nt7utxvdfoj4.png
    4u7qvkmvjhnl.png
    s31hwofewvxf.png
    5rn8rbvxu69z.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • felipe

msg wrote: »
    I like minimal setups (existences). the concept really appeals to me.
    unfortunately, I'm not brave enough.

These most def look like renderings...especially after seeing the real things.

I prefer to keep it simple too msg. Sometimes it's just better ;)

My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

• D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352

Actually no, they are photos! We have an awesome in house photographer who is also a 2 channel nut.

• D2Lo
    felipe wrote: »
    I also got to listen to the T50's recently as well...and compared them to the Pioneers. I also like the bass on the T50 better than the Pios. However, I found the mids and highs to be more foward sounding than the Pios? I actually liked the overall sound of the T50 better than the Pioneers. We all know that BB uses lower-end equipment for speaker testing and such, but that just shows that the Polks can sound good with pretty much any AVR whether it be low-end or high. The Pioneers almost NEED better equipment to sound good.

Exactly, the is because the Polks are far more efficient so it takes a lot less power to drive them and get the sound out of them. They are more mid forward as that is the sonic signature of all Polk's based on Matthew's taste and what the original team was going for.

• felipe

Actually no, they are photos! We have an awesome in house photographer who is also a 2 channel nut.

Woow..could've fooled me. I'm a 3.1 channel nut myself ;) lol.

• @felipe My 3.1 channel setup at home is great but I am considering upgrading to a 5.1 setup with 4 T50 towers. Is anyone using 4 towers for 5.1?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    PolkTeam wrote: »
    @felipe My 3.1 channel setup at home is great but I am considering upgrading to a 5.1 setup with 4 T50 towers. Is anyone using 4 towers for 5.1?

At one point I was using Monitor 60's a CS2 and R50's for my setup. It was decent but not "ideal" as from what I've always read the "best" scenario is to have your surrounds a bit above ear level, which isnt possible with towers. You also increase the likelyhood they will fire directly into a piece of furniture which is somewhat bad...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • D2Lo
    not sure if you guys saw this go up on our youtube channel. I'm proud of how this video turned out. https://youtu.be/PfPjGRT-saM
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Very will done video!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • D2Lo
    You guys might have seen this, inside back cover of Sound and Vision. The T Series is receiving some well earned awards. I suspect the next line will be getting even more... lq1vf2n4po17.jpg
  • D2Lo
    What do you guys think of video reviews like this?

https://youtu.be/0Vko5wQLwok

I could see some of you guys doing videos like this.. and you don't even have to put pants on...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    What do you guys think of video reviews like this?
    I could see some of you guys doing videos like this.. and you don't even have to put pants on...

I like technology video reviews/demos/training.

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • D2Lo
    We did a Facebook live unboxing video of these yesterday, staring a different Michael. Thought you guys would love the vintage speakers in the background:
    https://www.facebook.com/polkaudio/videos/10153820753633583/
  • felipe
    Yesterday I bit the bullet and got the T50 towers and T30 center since they are currently on sale 99.99 a piece..within my budget lol. First impressions...I should've gotten them sooner instead of getting 3 pairs of the T15's lol...but I can always save those for a possible atmos setup? Maybe? Like the PR design...

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Good buy, you like them, that's a win.

Hope you enjoy them for quite a while.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I've been seeing the "T" series on sale @ Fry's for cheap with promo code. Been trying to talk the in-laws into getting them. They have 5 in-ceiling speakers and this dinky earthquake sub and think it sounds as good as mine does.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • felipe
    PolkTeam wrote: »
    @felipe My 3.1 channel setup at home is great but I am considering upgrading to a 5.1 setup with 4 T50 towers. Is anyone using 4 towers for 5.1?
    To answer your question...yes I am now lol :wink: . Got a good deal on open box T50s 85.00 each