Welcome the T Series

Options

Comments

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Options
    The new T towers use a different tweeter from the T15s. And Polk seems to want to market the T15s as surrounds ONLY in this package, which is OK. As surrounds only they don't have to compete with the AJs. But, it would not be a bad idea to upgrade the T15s to compete with the AJ bookies, if that is even "possible" because the T15s are at a lower price point the the AJ bookies?
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    Hmmm,

These look nice for entry speakers and for $500 for 5.1 they might just hit the WOW factor.

To actually see how good they are I would need to borrow a set and see if I can piss off my neighbors with them. My current Rti's do the job nicely. My neighbors are cool but they don't like the Scorpions or Zeppelin that much, well at least when the are having a party and all they can hear is my music. I am not a jerk I only do this when it's getting late for a hint to end the party.

So Polk has a facility in Vista and I work 20 minutes away in RB so I could borrow a set on Thursday and return them on Monday :smiley:
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »
    So Polk has a facility in Vista and I work 20 minutes away in RB so I could borrow a set on Thursday and return them on Monday :smiley:

LOL
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    Both F1nut and I have used VIFAs (evidently, now, Tymphany) in bookies to great success.

With the name recognition and reputation VIFA has why would anyone in their right mind change the name!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    I'd just like to point out that Polk themselves are posting here. I would love to see someone from within the company with knowledge be (semi) active on the forum, and thanks to whoever runs these accounts for posting here.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mrloren
    Options
    Just a bummer their Vista facility does not allow the public in. Now that would be cool and give me more reason to visit my sister in Shadowridge. Glad to see them looking in on the forum.

Now if they would only let me demo some of their goodies.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I've personally A/B tested the T Series against the AJs. They perform. The T Series is also much more efficient so in a pure A/B with no adjustments there is a noticeable positive to the Polks... in addition to just sounding better in my opinion. And by that I mean that classic Polk sonic signature. Of course they are no LSi's or RTiA's. For an entry level speaker, they are spectacular. And to me that was part of the original vision, to make great sound that regular people can afford. We need to have those F1 cars like the LSi, and all that goodness can inform what we do at the T Series level.
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I'd just like to point out that Polk themselves are posting here. I would love to see someone from within the company with knowledge be (semi) active on the forum, and thanks to whoever runs these accounts for posting here.

I'll try to be more active, and you might have noticed Colton, one of our brand managers joining in. I've been posting on and off over the last few years, and I read a lot. I think the overall take has been to not make the forum too salesy. If a lot of us were on the forum overtime you posted about those S brand headphones we might be tempted to remind you about ours :smiley: which you may or may not like. So I think we try to let the members be a real community.... but maybe we can be more balanced and post more.
    mrloren wrote: »
    Just a bummer their Vista facility does not allow the public in. Now that would be cool and give me more reason to visit my sister in Shadowridge.

Well, if you do visit your sister, it never hurts to ask for a tour. Until then, here are a few pics.n57h9h26hbrg.png
    bnc79bmqnw7j.png
    cq4abe9zcaxe.jpg

2zj8k005fu13.png
    y1b94yuq5rmc.jpg

• motorhead43026
    Options
    Wow, very nice facility.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • cnh
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Very nice facility. But I'm going to go on record to say that I own Rti-4s and Rti-A3s and the Jones bookies lay waste to both of those? So, in the bookshelf Dept. Polk has a little more work to do. LSiM 703s, that's another story because they're up up high MSRP! Great work there, but not for the masses.

I do hope the towers sound better! Because I'm pulling for budget speakers that are Polk.

• mrloren
    Options
    Yes very nice facility in a nice area. My sis lives 3 miles west of there and my kids God father owns PMI (our use to) right around the corner. I grew up in the area nice place to live and work. Any openings for an old Sony warehouse guy?

Back to topic. I would like to demo these when BB gets them. Will Fry's be carrying these, their demo room is much better than BB.
  • D2Lo
    Options
    hmmm, I've done that A/B and will disagree.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm biased, or if you were swayed by the hype? Maybe a bit of both.
  • felipe
    felipe Posts: 423
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Very nice facility. But I'm going to go on record to say that I own Rti-4s and Rti-A3s and the Jones bookies lay waste to both of those? So, in the bookshelf Dept. Polk has a little more work to do. LSiM 703s, that's another story because they're up up high MSRP! Great work there, but not for the masses.

I do hope the towers sound better! Because I'm pulling for budget speakers that are Polk.

As much as this pains me to say, I did a direct A/B with the A3 and BS22s...and it wasn't pretty for the A3s...

I hate to say this to b/c it goes against by previous statments about A/B comparing the TSi 100 and the BS22's...but the BS22s clearly outperformed them. I'm thinking it took the BS22s a while to break-in. They sound quite phenomenal for the money. In the budget realm, AJ Pios still hold the top of the hill. Cant wait til the new T-series hit the local BB so I can give a listen ;)

My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

• D2Lo
    Options
    I've been in the A/B tests with retailers as well and they preferred the Polks... so we will see... :smile:
  • D2Lo
    Options
    We kept the set up simple to simulate the type of equipment a consumer would likely pair. Suskind set it up and it was a few months back so I'll have to check on the details.
  • D2Lo
    Options
    Checked with our techs on the RTiA3s vs the AJs... were you under powering the RTiA3s? Those drivers are much more sensitive so they take (and need) a bit more juice to really sing. Not to be that guy that says your amp is too small but...

Realistically they are designed for different things. The RTiA series is much higher end and designed for different equipment which the AJs and the T-Series are both designed for more entry level equipment. In that test, the Pols absolutely thump in my opinion. Best sound for the money. I work here though, so my dosage of the Kool Aid is pretty high!
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The T50 is replacing the Pioneer Andrew Jones tower carried at Best Buy.

That AJ speaker was surprisingly good for the money, you have some taller shoes to fill there. Kudos though for getting that kind of exposure on the floor of Best Buy.

Agreed. This is what I read when they stated they were replacing that lineup at Best Buy. People RAVE over the AJ speakers and I have yet to try them out. And now AJ is coming out via ELAC it will be a very tough playground, especially at the pricepoints given.

Also forgive me if I missed it, but is there a subwoofer in the mix as well? I hope Polk has finally replaced the terrible PSW10 with something more punchy, and less gaudy.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @nguyendot We recommend the PSW10 or PSW108 to match the T-Series cabinets. If you are looking for something with a smaller form factor but great punch, try the PSW111. I have that at home and it gives great coverage even with the smaller size.
  • cnh
    edited September 2015
    Options
    PSW111 is a good small sub. Better than the PSW10 which needs some "port" attention or redesign because it's easy to overdrive and loves to huff, and puff, and chuff. lol

I have an old PSW12 in the basement, remember those? Took me many months to figure out how to minimize its port noises (they're probably still there, but counter intuitive room placement helps).

• felipe
    Options
    D2Lo wrote: »
    Thought you guys might like see some more pics.nt7utxvdfoj4.png
    4u7qvkmvjhnl.png
    s31hwofewvxf.png
    5rn8rbvxu69z.png

I noticed something...different tweeters in the first tower photo compared to the bottom tower photo? Interesting. Anyone see the same thing??

My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

• nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    The deeper waveguide almost looks like a super tweeter
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Latest design challenge for the engineers
    Design headphones for a man with no head...
    hq58nbyrgffn.jpg
  • felipe
    Options
    Latest design challenge for the engineers
    Design headphones for a man with no head...
    hq58nbyrgffn.jpg
    Or maybe they are working on headphones for kids lol

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Those would probably fit me perfectly! I would have loved to get a pair of Polk headphones but the are too big.

The Sennheiser Momentums I got fit perfectly, and stay in place even if I have to run to catch the train.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »

As much as this pains me to say, I did a direct A/B with the A3 and BS22s...and it wasn't pretty for the A3s...

Depends on how you utilize them. If you only own one pair of speakers that being tne AJS or the A3s for a simple 2 channel rig music only then the AJS should be your choice they are cheaper and do sound better for music, and yes I have heard them both.

Now for a dual purpose rig for HT and 5.1 music playback I wouldn't even consider those AJs the A3's are far superior to them. I have a pair of T15s and honestly they don't impress me much, not even at the $49.99 I payed for them a few years ago on the Black Friday sale.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • felipe
    Options
    I wonder what was done with the crossover components and driver design to have the T-Series compete with the AJ Pios? Driver design and crossover components I believe is where the AJ Pios had the advantage over most in the price range..and what gives them their great SQ.

• cnh
    edited September 2015
    Options
    felipe wrote: »
    I wonder what was done with the crossover components and driver design to have the T-Series compete with the AJ Pios? Driver design and crossover components I believe is where the AJ Pios had the advantage over most in the price range..and what gives them their great SQ.

Agreed. There was a LOT of R&D put into these and who knows if Pio. ever made a real profit on the bookshelves! Now, as for Polk, we KNOW that it put a lot of R&D into the LSiM series and look what that did to the price point. The question is, does Polk have the resources, budget to "really" develop an AJ kind of speaker on the cheap? The jury is out till we hear the towers. Certainly the T15s are no match for the AJs. The real strength of the AJ bookshelves is their imaging and sound stage, they outclass all Polk bookshelves there (for music 2.0 systems), except the TOTL LsiMs! And sure the drivers are important, but those Jones crossovers are golden. You can find Vifa drivers that match or exceed the drivers Jones has in the 22s at PExpress, after all (look at the job Jesse did on them!).

• comfortablycurt
    Options
    Very cool! Thanks for the information.

Although I personally am past this point in my audio journey (running LSi9s), these look like some great starter speakers for someone new to the hobby or someone that isn't necessarily into the audio hobby, but looking to step up their sound quality for home theater use and casual music listening. The price point is right.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • Conradicles
    Options
    The T50 has just been reviewed on CNET.
  • felipe
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up Conradicles. Saw the review..seems like CNET still favors the pioneers overall. Lets see if anyone else that reviews them feels the same...