Question about surround bar 5000 sub

I just purchased a surround bar 5000 system a few days ago. I notice that at random times the Sub cuts in and out, and when that is happening the green light on sub flickers.
Is this common? Should I return it?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited August 2015
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Here are some instructions that might help:
    The SurroundBar 5000 bar and wireless subwoofer come from the factory preset to work together. If the wireless subwoofer stops receiving an audio signal, follow these instructions to re-establish the connection.
    1. Turn off the subwoofer’s AC Mains switch.
    2. Press and hold the SYNC button on the back
    of the bar for three (3) seconds.
    3. The LED on the back of the bar will blink, indicating that the bar and the subwoofer are ready to be connected.
    4. Turn on the subwoofer’s AC Mains switch. When the subwoofer LED turns solid green the bar and subwoofer are connected and ready to use.
    If you are still having a problem contact Polk's CS department at either 1-800-377-7655 or polkcs@polkaudio.com for assistance.
    Regards, Ken
  • 1dookie
    1dookie Posts: 6
    Thanks Kenneth for the fast response. I never lost connection to sub, the green light on the back sub flickers randomly and when that happens the bass cuts in and out.
  • I would go ahead and try the above recommendations, a blinking green LED indicates the subwoofer is not in contact with the bar.
  • 1dookie
    Thanks again Kenneth, I will give that a try and keep ya posted.
  • 1dookie
    Ken another thing I noticed about the sub, I had a dvd paused and it started popping and also in a quiet scene in the movie it did the same thing.
    I know these wireless subs are for convenience for placement, but I wish they has optional wired.
  • If I had to venture a guess I would say there's some other wireless device that is causing interference between the sound bar and the subwoofer. Time to call Polk and see if they can suggest a remedy.
  • 1dookie
    I was reading that is can be the router channel that needs to be changed.
  • 1dookie
    Update for others that might have problem with subwoofer going off . I talked with Kim Jasper today and he guided me through. Very similar to what Kenneth suggested above.

1.Turn on sound bar and have some audio playing, a DVD or CD.
    2. Place sub next to sound bar, so you have access to both the sound bar and sub woofer.
    3. Turn off the sub woofer’s AC Mains switch.
    4. Press and hold the SYNC button on the back
    of the sound bar.
    5. After (3) seconds, turn on sub woofer’s AC Mains switch while continuing holding SYNC button for (3) more seconds.
    If the subwoofer LED is solid green, the bar and subwoofer are connected and are ready to use.

I have had the soundbar and subwoofer on for a couple of hours now and so far the subwoofer has not gone off once.