Does Polk actually have a customer support service on line like it claims to do?

I asked on line two weeks ago, with a reminder a week ago, where I can obtain the full manual for the Magnifi Soundbar I have purchased, which the brief Setup Guide says is available on polkaudio.com but which is not there. Other than receiving a case number (00042078) I have received no reply. A telephone call to the USA from the other end of the world is too expensive a way to get help.

Best Answer

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I believe this is a link to the complete owner's manual:

http://www.polkaudio.com/Media/POLK/Product Manuals/Magnifi_Product_Manual.pdf

Regards, Ken
  • pmolan
    pmolan Posts: 3
    Thanks, Ken, but the link is to the little booklet, titled "Setup Guide", that is supplied with the soundbar. In that booklet it says "The complete owner’s manual can be found online at www.polkaudio.com". That is what I cannot find and which the online support people are not answering about. I need the complete owner's manual to find out what the many different lights of different hues are showing me, and to find out how to get my soundbar to respond to the 'on/off' button on my TV remote so that I don't have to use the hopeless miniature remote that is supplied with the soundbar.
  • [Deleted User]
    I understand, I'll try and find out the description of what the LEDs indicate.
  • pmolan
    pmolan Posts: 3
    Thanks, Ken, but I still need instructions on how to get my soundbar to learn the on/off signal from my TV remote. Does the "complete owner’s manual " actually exist, and if not, why is there no owner's manual for the Magnifi soundbar?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    On line does seem to be so good anymore. You try calling?
    Welcome to the polk site!
  • [Deleted User]
    I believe the person is in a location that makes it difficult to telephone.
    In looking at page 8 of the link I posted I believe you do the following to teach the Polk:

1). touch the "learn" button for 3 seconds.
    2). touch "volume up" button on the Polk.
    3). touch the corresponding "volume up" button on the TV remote, once, twice three times, tapping lightly. 4 LEDs will flash each time the button is tapped, there will be white LEDs flashing 3 times and then remain steady when instruction has been learned.
    4). If LEDs flash red then command has not been learned and the instructions need to be repeated.

I'll ask if there is another owner's manual. Hang in there we'll get you squared away.
    Regards, Ken