All the Polk SDA upgrades located in one place!

Comments

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited September 2012
    Thank you Trey. I glanced at this am and, as usual, DK did an outstanding job with this. I plan to print it and put it with the rest of my SDA stuff.

And once again, Thank You, Raife!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • 2 channel only
    2 channel only Posts: 16
    edited November 2012
    I have a pair of SDA 1A I need my xovers rebuilt in my pair of speakers, What's your charge ? I e-mailed u early this moring, didn't hear back from you, I 'm just trying to my xovers rebuilt , quite of few people on the forum recommened you , hope to hear from you pretty quick Thanks .
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    edited November 2012
    I just now saw this... I did not receive an email unfortunately...

Vr3Mods@gmail.com

Thanks!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited November 2012
    I e-mailed u early this moring, didn't hear back from you

That's one you can do without.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• michael1947
    michael1947 Posts: 775
    edited November 2012
    I didn't e-mail you but I thank you for the information. I just downloaded the manual and plan to look into my sda-srs's this winter.
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.
  • VR3
    edited November 2012
    Updated 11/27/12
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited November 2012
    Just noticed the link at the top does not work...

Maybe a mod can fix?

http://vr3mods.com/LCSDAUpgrade.php
  • VR3
    edited June 2013
    Version 3 (HAHA, Vr3) of Ray's SDA compendium has been uploaded!!
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    edited June 2013
    Is there changes do you know what is different ?
    VR3 wrote: »
    Version 3 (HAHA, Vr3) of Ray's SDA compendium has been uploaded!!
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • VR3
    edited June 2013
    I believe it was some minor corrections, perhaps Ray can elaborate further.
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    edited June 2013
    Thanks I really don't want to print and stuff sheet protectors again:eek:
    VR3 wrote: »
    I believe it was some minor corrections, perhaps Ray can elaborate further.
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • MAD
    MAD Posts: 105
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the links.....

there really are endless upgrades that you can perform.
    Definitely going to do the tweeters then film caps and resistors
  • jrc56
    jrc56 Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    hey is the link listed on top still valid
    For some reason I couldn't connect to it !
  • lbcgav
    lbcgav Posts: 23
    edited November 2013
    Check out post # 38 above with the new link.
    jrc56 wrote: »
    hey is the link listed on top still valid
    For some reason I couldn't connect to it !
  • Titonine
    Titonine Posts: 18
    edited January 2014
    Hi there,
    I'm looking for a good pair of SDA speakers in Europe. The choice is difficult and availability is close to zero in my area. I want to understand which model to search... On older SDA models could I upgrade tweeter with the flatter "SL3000" version?
  • Indyaudio2
    Indyaudio2 Posts: 127
    edited January 2014
    I have a pair of TLs, great reference material, thanks so much. Is the original link broken?
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited January 2014
    Yes, I believe there is a proper link later in the thread.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • VR3
    edited January 2014
    I wonder if Ken would be able to fix it?
  • iliveinyourhead
    iliveinyourhead Posts: 12
    edited January 2014
    Great info thanks!
  • deafbykhorns
    deafbykhorns Posts: 150
    edited May 2014
    I have 4 different brochures if you want me to scan them...
    One is the TL line
    One is S and LS
    One is SDA 1C SDA 2B RTA 11t
    One is complete line during the SDA-SRS 1.2 years along with driver info
    Main System- Scratch built 2A3 , Lightspeed preamp, Technics SP15/Graham/XV1s,Klipschorns w/ALK xovers/Trachorns, Speakercraft MT8(4), Sonos ZP90, Yamaha Aventage for surround
    Office System- Adcom GTP500, Bedini 45/45,Lexicon RT-20,Enlightened Audio DAC, Polk SDA2.3TL, Northcreek Borealis
  • VR3
    Hey Guys,
    With the forum update - all of the forum links on this page are dead links. Would anyone on the Polk collective be able to transpose the old links to the new?
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    That would be absolutely outstanding Trey! I had to buy a new hard drive for my laptop and lost all the downloads I had from your page. I and many others would certainly like to get them. Thanks all.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • scottie
    scottie Posts: 10
    Trey, I'm noticing several of the links aren't working correctly, including the link to your site. Although I found it there fine. The links on your site are not all working correctly either. Thanks for the compilation. I have a pair of 2.3s. looking forward to some enhancements.
  • VR3
    Hey Scottie,
    This is on a very very long list of things to do for me. When Polk changed the forum it broke all of the links...
  • scottie
    scottie Posts: 10
    Once you get to it, it looks like it will take a while. there is a lot of information there :smile:
  • VR3
    This has been updated (the best that I could locate things) -

http://vr3mods.com/LCSDAUpgrade.php
  • VR3
    I asked Ken to update the first post
  • Nice work. I hope to start some upgrades to my 2.3tl's soon.
  • Vr3 you are awesome!
  • bassfann
    bassfann Posts: 151
    I'm picking up a pair of SRS 3.1's this weekend. Do I need a common ground amplifier to use the interconnect ? I know some don't, how do I know.