Los Angeles/SFV/SoCal meet

Options
My audio room is ready for prime-time after a two year build, and I am ready to open the doors for an afternoon of great music, great food and beer.

Looking to host in May, before the summer weather rolls in and makes things to hot. We can set up in two rooms, that both open up to the back yard and the BBQ grill. I would like to the date set as soon as possible so I can start planning for things, but either a Saturday or Sunday works for me...
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    Options
    Say when John. If you will have a Texan, Oklahoman.., Heinz 57....if I could make it I will! Just don't do it first weekend of May we have LSAF here. Traveling to Memphis next week and NYC the week after.

Halen
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    If you can make it you are more than welcome sir.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    Options
    Does it have to be an official get together? It has been some time since I have been to your part of town. Later this year, I will be heading to Bakersfield or something like that, Temple City and Costa Mesa. It has been many moons since I shopped at South Coast Plaza. Not that I could afford it today. Haha.

Halen
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited April 2015
    Options
    May is a busy month.

Mothers Day weekend is May 9-10

I have a martial arts seminar the following weekend in Bakersfield.

Memorial Day weekend is 23-25; lots of folks may be wanting to take a trip someplace.

How about Sat May 2 or Sat May 30?

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I may be able to make it the 30th. Would love to hear and see your setups.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    May 30th works for me, and gives me time to plan the gourmet meal... (burgers and dogs)

• aboroth00
    aboroth00 Posts: 1,103
    Options
    May's pretty open for me. I'd be interested! Should we bring any gear or components to add to the fun?
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Bring whatever you like. I have the space to set up a couple systems.

• Erik Tracy
    Options
    Where *exactly* are you located?

I may want to see of Doug wants to drive up with me - if he can put up with me for a long drive.

The only component I haven't shared yet from the last gathering is my Marantz SA-KI Pearl SACD/CD player and some ICs, power cord to go with it.

And some discs to spin in it.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Located in Woodland Hills right off the 101 freeway about a mile north.

• Erik Tracy
    Options
    Pencil me in!

I'll work on accumulating the requisite kitchen pass points to be there!

I'll bring the Marantz Black Pearl :)

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    My stack of stuff will include all of the stuff in my sig...

• Erik Tracy
    edited April 2015
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    What about the crowns?
    Only if nooshinjohn has Zima or Bud Lite.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Sam Adams and Killions Irish Red will be cold and waiting....

• dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Erik Tracy wrote: »
    Where *exactly* are you located?

I may want to see of Doug wants to drive up with me - if he can put up with me for a long drive.

The only component I haven't shared yet from the last gathering is my Marantz SA-KI Pearl SACD/CD player and some ICs, power cord to go with it.

And some discs to spin in it.

I'd be up for carpooling and would really like to do an A/B of your Black Pearl with John's Pioneer SACD player.

I bought a copy of Night Sessions. Of course DSOTM goes without saying. Just need a few more duplicate CD's to do a proper A/B

I will check with senior household leadership to see if May 30 is open.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Just to update... this is going to have to be pushed back fro a while. I started a new job that requires Saturdays of me, so w ned to do on a Sunday instead. How is June for everybody?