Tweeter swap

Hi, I have a pair of RT800 3533. Both tweeters are blown. I have two pairs of RTFXLC 04590 for my 7.1 set up. Is it possible to take 2 of the tweeters from a set of the FX speakers to repair my RT800 speakers? If so, will my FX speakers still be able to work?

Best Answer

Answers

• Ok thanks. I will take your advice. Should I use a multimeter to check to see if the crossover is still good?
  • Also, without pulling the FX speakers tweeter, visually they are not the same
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    RTi A series tweeters:

If I had to or wanted to replace them, am I forced to use the RDO 690s or could I use something else that comes/came w/other Polk speakers?

No "why?" responses please.

Tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Thank you for the help. I called Polk and they suggested RD2516-1. Gave me a price of 97.00 including TX and ship. for the pair. I installed them. My speakers sound amazing again. By the way I was able to check my xo with a multimeter per the tech's instructions. This forum gave me a good springboard.