Please comment and leave opinion

Jed85
Jed85 Posts: 7
edited October 2013 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I have two 12" kicker cvr and two 12" Rockford p3's both are gonna be pushed by 1200 watt mono class amp should I put all 4 in my car or sell the weaker and buy two more of the same speakers plz help wondering if it would be a good choice to put all or just half
Post edited by Jed85 on

Comments

• pentoncm
    pentoncm Posts: 379
    edited March 2012
    Don't ever mix subs. They have different properties and frequency responses.

I say you sell them all and get 1 or 2 better subs.

Why exactly do you want 4 subs? I would suggest that you go with 2 subs that have better power handling. JLW6v2, Hertz Hi Energy, Polk SR, etc...
    Don't ever mix subs. They have different properties and frequency responses.

If you are short on money, two Polk MM subs would do the trick. They are rated 425W a piece, you could use two of them and it would be plenty of power. They go for $159 online.
    Audison Bit Ten
    Kenwood X595
    Polk MM6501
    Polk MM1240
    Mtx 704x
    Alpine MRX50
  • Jed85
    Jed85 Posts: 7
    edited March 2012
    Well it's like 50/50 some people say go ahead and the others say don't do it I think it would be the best thing cuz ones for deep base and ones for clarity I think I have the best of both worlds and both are great speakers especially the Rockford p3's sound incredibly clear well thanks for your opinion
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    edited September 2012
    sell'em and get all the same
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited September 2012
    Buy two more of each and slap all of 'em in !!!!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    edited September 2012
    Sell it all, buy these... http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?32-Garage-Sale and a descent amp, Babam! You're in business!
    Too much **** to list....
  • Nhpm510
    Nhpm510 Posts: 138
    edited September 2012
    Quality over quantity
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited September 2012
    Nhpm510 wrote: »
    Quality over quantity

Definitely! Go for the best you can get for the money you want to put down.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• 1996BlackBauer
    1996BlackBauer Posts: 17
    edited October 2012
    Place the subs in a box you design, but each sub in a different chamber which is tuned to the correct frequency for the sub, that way each sub operates correctly, and they are not in the same airspace, and messing with the sound quality, or level. I've seen it done before with good results.
  • Bugstyvy
    Bugstyvy Posts: 119
    edited November 2012
    Sell them all and get them at the same time
    Mcintosh MC2300
    Mcintosh 2105
    Integra Pre amp 9.8
    Pro-ject Record Player
    Sony 200 disc CD Changer
    Basic Wiring
    60" Samsung Series 8
    SDA-1.2TL
    SDA-3.1TL (unused at the moment)
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited April 2013
    We don't understand spam in that from whatever country your from.
  • 20hz
    20hz Posts: 636
    edited October 2013
    1200 should be plenty but sales wise a customer may not mixed subs plus they may sound weird together , I would just put 2 in a clean looking box and sell it that way .
    From my sales results people dont want a monster system unless they put it in themselves , and if they do you can offer to do it for a fee once they buy the car
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    This thread is 3 years old. Pretty safe to assume that this poster with 7 posts isn't returning 3 years later. ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • docjl
    docjl Posts: 41
    ahhhh. Just looking through the forums to see if there is anything of interest.....

Hey u never know, maybe he will get an email telling him there is a new reply and check it out?

Look at my post history and time as a member.

Stranger things have happened, lol.