Club Polks DIY Headphone stand thread ;)

Options
http://www.head-fi.org/t/249671/the-diy-headphone-stand-thread/1575

I got inspired by this thread over at head-fi I read every page and decided to give it a go
Here is a cell phone picture of my Polk Audio Headphone stand. I apologize took picture is not the best it's not finished yet will fasten it together tomorrow. I cut the board 8×8 used Varathane stain Cabrienit color for the top minwax black for the bottom sides and minwax polyurethane to seal.

I used a laser level holder and painted it black, It has a slide front so you can slide in any picture you want I used a part of the box my Hinges came in. I'm going to put a scotch command strip hook on the top back for cable management. My Polk headphones will look pretty classy hanging on this here stand, without further adieu here is a picture of the soon to be assembled stand.
2ezcndvjxukd.jpg

I will post a picture of the finished project tomorrow, anyone else have a picture of a DIY Headphone stand? That thread over at Head-fi is an interesting read lots of good Ideas for sure.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Sorry bout the sideways picture will take a shot of the finished project with the digital camera and post it tomorrow.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    Options
    I just might hang a pair of Polk Buckles on it got a deal on a pair on Rakuten I just checked out, so I will hang either the Hinges or the Buckles on this stand.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    0hdktl5q443z.jpg

1" dowel
    1/2" dowel
    Michaels Hobby Shop base
    Semi gloss mahogany paint.
    All in about $15.

Through it together in an afternoon. It serves its purpose.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Sorry bout the sideways picture will take a shot of the finished project with the digital camera and post it tomorrow.

Looks good, Steve! Pretty creative, on your part. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product - in focus (and upright) this time, please. ;)

• gudnoyez
    Options
    qkn3c0clp2no.jpg

djeqvedr6702.jpg

yyhzrbwgff7l.jpg

Couple of shots from the front and a rear view of the scotch command cable management. Any picture will slide in the front. I Used a little backer rod where the headband rests for cushion. I will have to head over to Head-Fi and place my entry.

Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    0hdktl5q443z.jpg

1" dowel
    1/2" dowel
    Michaels Hobby Shop base
    Semi gloss mahogany paint.
    All in about $15.

Through it together in an afternoon. It serves its purpose.

Looks good some nice cable management you got going on there.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    Options
    rhxpxjoji0fy.jpg

9hgxkp4qc4mj.jpg

nf6ewdg5mkas.jpg

Yeah being able to change pictures is cool if your in a Todd Rundgren mood, Neil Young & Crazy Horse mood or perhaps a little Outlaws your good. The opportunities are endless a picture of your Wife whatever mood your in.

Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• mrbiron
    Options
    Not a bad idea on the backer rod. Maybe a piece of pipe insulation. I'm going to grab a piece at work tomorrow.

Yours looks good and serves a purpose. Nice job.
  • ambiophonics
    Options
    Very cool. Here is what I use - can anyone guess what this was intended for orignally?

ufk2d3l9bkkl.jpg

2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Bananas
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ambiophonics
    Options
    Bananas

Nope, although it could work for that too.
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Very cool. Here is what I use - can anyone guess what this was intended for orignally?

ufk2d3l9bkkl.jpg

After checking out the couple hundred pages of the DIY thread over at head-fi, my guess would be a toilet paper holder. It serves it's purpose and you got some real use out of it looks good.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My stand is making a road trip to its new owner to display a new pair of Polk headphones so it's staying in the Polk family hopefully he posts a picture of the new cans on this here display :'( I will miss it but making another one as I have a new pair of Polk Buckles on the way.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• EndersShadow
    Options
    Bananas

Nope, although it could work for that too.
    gudnoyez wrote: »

ufk2d3l9bkkl.jpg

After checking out the couple hundred pages of the DIY thread over at head-fi, my guess would be a toilet paper holder. It serves it's purpose and you got some real use out of it looks good.

I bet your right... I was looking on my phone and the pic was dark...

I know LOTS of folks use banana holders like these for their headphones...

k2-_22f0dd91-be9e-48cc-a227-83efae2d492c.v1.jpg

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ambiophonics
    Options
    It's actually an orchestra triangle holder - they come in various sizes too!
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Let me guess, you just happen to have an orchestra triangle holder lying around the house and said, Meh, that'll do :smile:

Nothing on this forum surprises me anymore. We are but a crafty people.....

On a side note, i see you bought the Bugle II? Yay or nay?
  • ambiophonics
    Options
    Let me guess, you just happen to have an orchestra triangle holder lying around the house and said, Meh, that'll do :smile:

Nothing on this forum surprises me anymore. We are but a crafty people.....

On a side note, i see you bought the Bugle II? Yay or nay?

I work for a music company and we are resourceful people -

http://www.westmusic.com/p/prodel-pdhp12-headphone-stand-12-262828?origin=product-search&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=comparsionshopping&aff=5115&gclid=CPjPxbyG-8MCFQ6CaQodS5MAcQ

Notice my headphones made the photo shoot!

I'm digging the bugle, it sounds really nice on well recorded vinyl, nice imaging and good bass extension, much better than what I was using. My only complaint would be it has no shielding and is pretty sensitive to placement, I wanted to showcase it on top of the audio stand but ended up having to stash it behind to prevent interference. Overall a great purchase.

• EndersShadow
    Options

I think he's lying... its REALLY for MORE COWBELL!!!!!!!!!!

More-Cowbell.jpg

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Always used a clip on to the music stand triangle holder for two mallet pieces....never used a stand. What a great idea to use the stand for headphones.

Here's a candle holder stand that might work....might even hold two? Could mount it to a larger wood base for stability.
    http://www.100candles.com/i-9461/Square-Metal-Lantern-Hanger-Stand-Crane-Brushed-Green-Paint-On-Brown

tb_item_9461_1.jpg

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Is that like a headphone-murse?
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    edited March 2015
    Options
    v5jg0g0wgqsf.jpg
    Another good one is bathroom towel stands
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1