Need advice....

Looking for a reasonably priced pair of headphones for travel. I travel a lot and would prefer noise canceling if possible. I have had beats (do not like the sound and are uncomfortable and hot for long periods of listening). I can't do ear buds so I need an on ear or over ear pair.
Looking for:
1. Comfortable
2. Good sound without the artificial bass of the beats style
3. Noise canceling
4. Detachable cord if possible in case wire goes bad I can just replace the wire instead of the headphones

Any suggestions are helpful and appreciated. I have liked the Bose (dare I say it)!!!! But looking to stay around $100 if possible

Thanks in advance
Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4

Comments

• This .http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DTWNU8A/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1424611808&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=hammo&dpPl=1&dpID=31FG7unYz1L&ref=plSrch
    I have this exact pair, and they are fantastic for their price. Great sound (better than beats) lightweight, stylish, removable cord, fold up for portability, lots of color options, very comfortable and do not get very hot. The only negative I have to say about them is that the noise isolation could be a little better. They really are a great buy at $100 or less.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-ANC7B-QuietPoint-Noise-Cancelling-Closed-Back/dp/B002HWJT1A

Or these only $11 over your budget and not bad if you can't swing the QC 15s that Bose offers.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    A lot of folks picked up the Polk Ultrafocus 8000 headphones during the Friends and Family sale for $125. They are a REALLY nice noise cancelling headphone at that price. That's a little out of your range, and don't know if/when another deal like that will pop up. Only downside is they are big... even folded in the case, they are, well, not so compact.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Tanga has a couple of Bose NC headphones on sale today for $119.00.
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Somebody is selling Grado cans in the marketplace. Not sure if they are noise cancelling or not tho.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Looked at the ones mentioned here; i am pretty set on having a removable cord. I HATE when the cables bend and cause the headphones to only output sound out of one ear and static. I prefer the removable cord so if the cord malfunctions i get a new one and its fixed. would prefer not to have them sent to a facility and repaired.

I read some of the reviews on the Audio technica and am not sold on them but would be interested to hear anyones real life experience with them.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4