Sq build advice

I just bought a 2002 Toyota Camry SE and I would like to install a quality stereo system that is capable of playing all genres of music with ease.

(Yeah, I know.....)

Here's what I have:

Have: SR6500 with Viva XT25SC90-04 Tweeters
Powered by PA 500.4

Baffles from tacotunes for both, mids by my knees, tweeters are in the corners firing
up into the windshield (yeah I know).

I'm probably going to buy a Pioneer DEH 80prs to replace the 880prs I had.

I would like advice for wiring, wiring size, subwoofers, subwoofer amps, and anything with the stock electrical system I should upgrade.

I have considered two Polk 12 mm and two 500 rms@ 4 ohm Polk amps in a sealed enclosure.

I listen to a variety of music and require a system capable of such demands .

I would like straight answers from knowledgeable people,

Thanks guys
Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
Polk Audio - PA 500.4
Subamps?
Mids: Polk Audio - SR6500
Tweeters: Viva XT 25 SC 90 - 04
Subwoofers:?
Wiring?

Comments

• tkgx2f2a7z25.jpg
    Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
    Polk Audio - PA 500.4
    Subamps?
    Wiring?
  • ut32a9yd57fl.jpg
    Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
    Polk Audio - PA 500.4
    Subamps?
    Wiring?
  • Speaker Wire: 16 gauge is good. double it up if you want for the sub. Monoprice is fine.

Power: 4 or 6 gauge is fine. I personally like 6 gauge welding cable. It is more flexible than most cable and is true OFC. I use 6 gauge for 3k RMS in my car. Use 0 or 4 to the distroblock if you want to go above and beyond, but its prob not needed.

Give me a budget for the other stuff. Polk amps aren't what they used to be. About 3 companies use the same amp and just slap a different label on it.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • What's up eloplayspolo? As far as my sub stage I'm willing to save what I need to properly match the Polks.. .

I welcome suggestions so long as they are a match.

One thing I like would like to know most is the correct power (watts) of the sub stage to the mids and tweeters.

Thanks for your help
    Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
    Polk Audio - PA 500.4
    Subamps?
    Wiring?
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited February 2015
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Thanks WLDock. I hadn't REALLY considered IB subwoofer setup as an option, but look at the clean install without consuming trunk space!

Also, how does a low Q sub work compared to a higher Q sub? Just flatter response or duller?
    Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
    Polk Audio - PA 500.4
    Subamps?
    Wiring?
  • I looked up subwoofer Q. I mostly understand it ; )
    Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
    Polk Audio - PA 500.4
    Subamps?
    Wiring?
  • WLDock
    Put it this way...the best systems IB systems that I've heard had a very natural dry and accurate bass sound with the "Bass upfront" effects. It takes a lot of effort to deaden and tune, and it takes great sub to midbass integration as well.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Thanks for the insight, I'm really thinking about IB now
    Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
    Polk Audio - PA 500.4
    Subamps?
    Wiring?
  • 59jfqjpeu3ng.jpg
    Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
    Polk Audio - PA 500.4
    Subamps?
    Wiring?
  • What do you guys think of the resonance modes in my Camry passenger seating area solely based on measurements of the cabin?
    Should I consider different equipment setup such as a higher resolution eq?
    Please tell me I need a Pioneer DEX-P99RS.
    I need to say that I intend to use an Infinite baffle setup for my sub stage. Nobody has objected so about 1000 watts rms.

Let's go pros.....answer up ; )
    Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
    Polk Audio - PA 500.4
    Subamps?
    Wiring?
  • WLDock
    edited February 2015
    audiofiend wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the resonance modes in my Camry passenger seating area solely based on measurements of the cabin?
    Should I consider different equipment setup such as a higher resolution eq?
    Please tell me I need a Pioneer DEX-P99RS.
    I doubt most will tell you that you need the P99RS as the DEH-80prs will offers a ton of value.

Now, if you want the utmost resolution in the car and you
    1) Plan to go the distance to tame the car's acoustics with more than electronics...
    2) Plan to go the length to put the speakers where they sound best,
    3) You have deep pockets!
    ...then and only then does the $1,349.00 P99RS make sense.

As far as modes......see above!

If you are seriously seeking info don't waste your time here. This forum has slowed down since the format changed last year. Nevertheless, there's not a lot of car audio traffic in general. There's a wealth of SQ car audio info and traffic at www.diymobileaudio.com Right now that forum has 1335 people online vs. 61 on this forum. I used to spend a lot on time over there myself....since '05. If you want to see some great clean SQ installs, check out Simplicity in Sound.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/search.php?searchid=9056003
    http://www.simplicityinsound.com/

Post edited by WLDock on
  • I was just joking about the pioneer lol . I can dream though
    Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
    Polk Audio - PA 500.4
    Subamps?
    Wiring?
  • WLDock
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, we all have dreamed about that deck. I had a 4-way design I was working towards and had that deck in mind. Scan Speak Illum tweets & Discovery Mids, Anarchy midbasses, Acoustic Elegance IB sub, Genesis & Soundtream amps. I cashed out when I had to relocate for my job. I've yet to get back into car audio.

Nevertheless, that DEH-80PRS is so affordable and loaded. I would like to get one myself...but it all depends on what the next car has in it. I had a few of the 880 decks and even a P9 combo. Two of the 880's I found for great prices on CL and flipped for a small profit.
    Post edited by WLDock on
  • I have an 880 and I worked it hard...left a can in the floorboard and caused the pico fuse to blow when it rolled into my amp. I'm generally very careful but Shxx happens sometimes. Have not repaired it.
    Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
    Polk Audio - PA 500.4
    Subamps?
    Wiring?
  • WLDock
    That damn Pico fuse! One of the decks I sold was tested and fine before it shipped. The guy that bought it must have blew it during installation. So, I had to bring it back and repair it....given I'm a nice guy and a tech. I added in an outboard fuse holder and sent it back to him...then told him if he blows it again don't call me!

IMAG0343.jpg
    IMAG0344.jpg

If you try it make sure you have a steady hand and a thin needle tip iron.
  • That's what I intended to do with mine but I didn't get around to it. Kinda afraid what someone would charge to fix so it's sitting
    Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
    Polk Audio - PA 500.4
    Subamps?
    Wiring?