Antimode 8033 - has anyone tried one?

Options
I just picked up one of these guys on the weekend, and have run a few calibrations...And WOW! this little box cleans and tightens bass right up! I have had a real **** of a time trying to dial in my pb13 ultras in my room, I have huge nulls in my seating positions, boomy low end and almost a hole in the bass around 40-50hz. My subs would hit low with major authority but lacked the mid bass punch. My sc 65 does not eq subs, and I don't plan on replacing it for quite some time. So this seems like the best solution. I tried everything, moving the couch, moving subs (which is not an easy task), and installed bass traps in the corners of the room. This thing cleaned up almost all my issues! I really have to recommend this to anyone without sub eq on their receivers. It is literally night and day difference!
2 channel:
Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
Theater:
Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

Comments

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    I've had the 8033S unit since it first came available, works like a champ and E-Z P-Z lemon squeezy to set up. Combined with basstraps and panels smooths the bass right solid.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Bass traps have been the best thing I have done to my room. Things stopped rattling, like doors and light fixtures. And just tightened everything right up! I have the 8033S-II version, and I have to agree E-Z P-Z! Scared the heck out of my dog when it did its sweeps, they are painfully loud.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,036
    Options
    I need to get one of these or a similar model. Thanks for sharing your findings.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    I need to get one of these or a similar model. Thanks for sharing your findings.

Another alternative is the MiniDSP or the SMS-1.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    I researched the heck out of sub eq, I have had my eye out for an sms-1 for quite some time (the trouble was to find one). The anitmode is cheaper, you can even use the 8033c and use a y-spitter to do dual subs, I think they only run about 300$. And from my research it does as good of a job as sms-1, and uses more filters. I almost went with a minidsp open drc, But I am not well versed in REQ. But if you like to tweak then this wouldn't be for you, kind of a set it and forget type thing.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• mikeyb128
    Options

Another alternative is the MiniDSP or the SMS-1.

MiniDSP is a great company with awesome products. Ordered my UMIK-1 and was shipped to my door from Japan in less than 4 days. Fedex economy for 20 bucks.... That's pretty darn good!
    2 channel:
    Theater: