Polk PSW110, I don't know how to connect it to a AV receiver.

I have a Polkaudio PSW110 sub woofer sitting in my basement for a long time and strange but true, I don't know how to connect it to my two years old receiver, I am fairly very handy person with electronic stuff but man, this Polky thing is a rocket science for me here. OK, my receiver has a single purple color RCA line out for sub woofer but on the PSW110 sub woofer has white and red LINE IN. It doesn't have the single hole LFE IN like in the manual. I can connect to my 20 years old yamaha receiver b/c Red and White were all it has but comon PA, we are in the 21 century. Please advise me. Thank you.

Zorro.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Just use one of the inputs on the sub, either the white or the red.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    yeah, what Tony says.

what kinda receiver you got, Zorro? might have to enable the subwoofer output on it to get it to send to the sub. and then check the crossover point. 80Hz's is a good place to start, typically, depending on what else you're running, speakerwise.

throw up some more details and we'll help you set up the whole thing if you'd like some assistance.

I disabled signatures.
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited February 2015
    Seeing as I own that sub, I can tell that it does have life in, and it should be the red.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA