San Diego Gathering

Throwing out the opportunity for a small gathering maybe in the next month or so. Thinking a listening session for a few hours if anyone is interested in getting their ears on the modded 2.3TL's with a dreadnaught and a pair of SVS PB13 Ultras which I added recently and am in the process of doing further calibration on. I've purchased a UMIK-1 calibrated mic and will use the REW software. Open to having some people over if there is interest in participating in the calibration process as well. Let me know if interested and I'll set something up.
____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050

Comments

• Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Doug - I'm down for an SD gathering - would be good to stop by again.

The only dates that don't work for me are Sat/Sun Feb 21/22 and Sat/Sun Mar 28/29.

I'll definitely have some music selections to bring to exercise those subs!

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    Sounds great!
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I'm down for a meet as well. I will bring my Statements and the Pass X1
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Erik Tracy
    If sufficiently motivated, I could do a system rip-apart and bring my MF A5 int amp for grins and giggles.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    And just as I'm about to book a trip to SD to go dive with my brother in February this pops up.... Hmmmm....
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    ^^^^^
    Agreed, double Kudos!!!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Erik Tracy
    Not the first time for Doug - he's done this several times to represent the "Left" coast!

Great host, great guy!

I'm looking forward to this next gathering.

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited January 2015
    Having lived in El, Cajon on Wenatchee on top of the Hill, and La, Mesa, having listened to KPRI FM and KGB FM fond memories of the area spent lots of time on Mission Beach right around the park area with the roller coaster.

I remember going to the Mexican Cafe across from the Whaley House in Old Town
    Riding my skateboards down Fletcher Parkway, riding skateboards and riding my 10 speed in Balboa Park, back when it was safe to, eating dinner at the Black Angus across from the Sports Arena before going to Concerts.

I love that area and still go back as my Mom and step Dad still live in La, Mesa, what I'm l trying to say is I would love to attend but won't visit that area until in the summer, sounds like a good time, have fun guys.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Erik Tracy
    DSkip wrote: »
    I just haven't seen any really outside of PolkFest and my place the last few years, at least not posted on the forum.

It's been posted here in the past - we even wrote up the first event - Doug posted pics as well so as to avoid the 'pics else it never happened rule here' :smile:

• nooshinjohn
    Looking forward to this.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dpowell
    Wow, well OK then, this looks like it could be a regular gathering with A/B gear swapping. :smiley: That always opens up the rabbit hole of spending! It has been a couple of years since the last one and I honestly didn't want to step on Nooshin's up and coming theater/man cave grand opening.

Potential Dates (all Saturdays - Sundays are an option if these don't work):
    Feb 7
    Feb 14
    Feb 28

Let me know your preferences and I'll get something set up.
  • dpowell
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    And just as I'm about to book a trip to SD to go dive with my brother in February this pops up.... Hmmmm....

You're welcome to join if the date ranges work out for you.
  • nooshinjohn
    28th is best, the wife would kill me for doing anything but being with her on the 14th.

• dpowell
    He he, yeah the 14th would be a problem. :blush:
  • dpowell
    edited January 2015
    Let's tentatively say it's on for February 28th. Can you all let me know approximate time of arrival and amount of time you'd like to stay?

Last time, we started at 10am but that seemed a bit early for those that came from LA. Order pizza for lunch. Call it quits mid-afternoon/early evening.

Open to suggestions.
  • dpowell
    We can also get a gear list going if there is interest.
  • codyc1ark
    Where exactly in SD? I'll be staying in Carlsbad. My brother has the whole month open (house husband) so I'm flexible but would love to see/hear John's tubes.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited January 2015
    I will bring the tubes, the Pass Labs X1, and my Pioneer D9 MkII SACD player.

• Erik Tracy
    Feb 28 works for me.

I've got some discs to bring for working out the subs.

I'll lay back to see how much gear Doug is willing for us to play with.

I don't want to impose too long on Doug's hospitality - he is a family man :wink:

Maybe 11am to 5pm?

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Ahh too bad I wasn't heading in your area. It would have been nice to see you again. I'll be in Paolo Alto and San Fran end of April but not further south...
  • dpowell
    Hey Willow! Too bad you'll be so far north. Would have enjoyed seeing you again as well!
  • dpowell
    Erik Tracy wrote: »
    I'll lay back to see how much gear Doug is willing for us to play with.

I don't want to impose too long on Doug's hospitality - he is a family man :wink:

Maybe 11am to 5pm?

Bottom line, the wife is good with us going as long as we want. 11 to 5 sounds good to me but we can go later. I'd probably call it quits NLT 7pm to help get the kids in bed. If folks are willing to commit to bringing gear, then I'm willing to commit the time to listen! :smile:

• codyc1ark
    So are you guys set on the 28th then?
  • dpowell
    Yes, let's set the 28th as a firm date for the event. 11am to 5pm. We can order pizza for lunch. Each person contribute $10. Bring your own drink. Alcohol OK. I don't drink but am not offended if others want to. Sound good?
  • Erik Tracy
    Perfect...but are the neighbors ready???

This may (will/should) get loud!!

• VCoak
    VCoak Posts: 200
    edited January 2015
    Sorry for the late reply, checking work schedule my only day's that work as of now are, Feb 7th or 8th. If I can attend I'll bring my W4S SX-1000's. If anything it will be loud.

BTW I will be selling a Kegerator with complete kit and cleaning accessories. Before I post it on C'list for 400.00 Diego polkies only ...Can send picks if you wish. THX
    W4S SX-1000, Adcom gfp-750, Polk 1.2tl, W4S DAC 2 DSDse, 2012 mac mini (mod), JRivers ver. 19, WD Cloud NAS 2 t.b., Monster Cable AVS-2000 signature, Doug's Alpha I/C & Doug's biwire 6' speaker cables
  • dpowell
    edited January 2015
    V, do you have any weekends free in March? Maybe we could move this back a week or two to accommodate your schedule?

Cody, how would that affect your plans?
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    I think I might be in for this! My Philharmonic Audio Slims might be ready by then too. I could bring my Totem Hawks too. I think these might surprise some of you. I'll have to check the work schedule but this would be fun if enough people got involved.
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    id be interested if im available the weekend you guys decide on, probably wont have anything to bring, i have stock rti (/a's) my sub us probably one of the 2 or 3 nicest pieces i got, others being the hk and para, would love to hear a truly good system and get my ears on some sda's
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    DSkip wrote: »
    Valentines Day? Might as well strike that one.

I look forward to the day I can afford to travel to the coasts and the "Middle East" to participate in other regional gatherings.

Middle East ? Is there an Iranian Polk fest I'm not aware of ? lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's