Far Cry 4 (PC) Anyone?

So I took the plunge on FC4 bc some of my friends have it for the PC. It has taken some serious tinkering, but it's finally running OK. Wondering if anyone else has this currently.

Here are some of the more helpful tidbits in case someone else is fighting FC4 to look/run halfway decent:

http://kotaku.com/how-to-get-far-cry-4-running-more-smoothly-on-pc-1662694149

Here's what you do. Go to "My Documents," open up your "My Games" folder and find the Far Cry 4 folder. In there, you'll find your profile.xml file. (For me, my profile was located in another subfolder within the Far Cry 4 folder.) Then, make two changes: Change DisableLoadingMip0="0" to DisableLoadingMip0="1" and change GPUMaxBufferedFrames="0" to GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1".

And:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/2mt8fy/nvidia_users_who_stutter_in_far_cry_4_everyone/

Go to Nvidia Control panel and set Power management mode to use prefer maximum performance and changemaximum pre rendered frames to 3.
Boom. Stuttering gone, and i mean it. It's like getting a G SYNC monitor. Not a single hiccup. Not when driving, Not when walking in a town, not when fighting. And if it does slow down it's because my fps is genuinely going down because of the intensity of the scene. Fps average is 67 but rarely if ever does it drop lower than 55. This fixed the weird mouse stutter too. It's a whole new game now. None of the CPU cores EVER reach 100% anymore
BIG UPDATE
IF THE ABOVE DOES NOT WORK, TRY THIS IN ADDITION TO IT:
Open the GamerProfile.xml file with Notepad Find GPUMaxBufferedFrames="0" and change to GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1"
and also DisableLoadingMip0 ="1". You don't have to do this to eliminate the stuttering but it wont eliminate completely, there will be slight micro stutter to the well trained eye. try it
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

Comments

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    I bought my daughter a new gaming laptop for Christmas and the graphics board in it qualified her for a free game, so she got FarCry4. No issues at all, but the computer is a very bad boy!!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    That's a darn nice laptop then! This game is ridiculously addictive. Highly recommended!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited January 2015
    I been look at a lot of the screen shots and they looks are impressive, but then all the far cry's were ahead of the time in looks! I still want to finish all the Crysis I have 1st. but someday LOL.

BTW, thanks for the tips on getting the game running smoother Kudos!!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD