Klipsch KG-4 speakers

jhw59
jhw59 Posts: 348
edited July 2014 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
1990 vintage with consecutive serial numbers. I'll get some piks up when I have a moment. In good shape with a couple of small nicks. I bought these from the original owner but can't fit them in with my current set up. Asking $300. Currently in zip 37375 through the 22nd and then home to 20782. ++ feedback here, ebay and hoffman board. jhw59. Prefer cash but paypal (split fee) or USPS money order ok.Thanks for looking!!

Comments

• jhw59
    Ret9xm5nmw1wgr.gif
    hq0vzp9u97sa.gif

Reduced to $275 These are far from professional shots. Pickup only in Hyattsville MD but DE dropoff or pickup might work as well. PM me with any questions!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I had a pair of KG-4's and liked them. Sold them to a friend and he's still using them. I put the Bob Krites titanium tweeter diaphrams in them. Very good speaker for the money. GLWYS.
  • jhw59
    Now $250!!! pickup but a meet might work.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    I've always wanted to hear a pair of these. They usually turn up on CL up here but I'm just too cheap to bite! There I said it. So maybe that means I'm not motivated to hear them as much as I think?

By all accounts they're pretty good for a horn. The problem, I'm not really a horn guy but am "horn curious"! lol

GLWTS! They look MINT!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • dromunds
    Horn curious....Lol
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    cnh wrote: »
    I've always wanted to hear a pair of these. They usually turn up on CL up here but I'm just too cheap to bite! There I said it. So maybe that means I'm not motivated to hear them as much as I think?

By all accounts they're pretty good for a horn. The problem, I'm not really a horn guy but am "horn curious"! lol

GLWTS! They look MINT!

cnh
    . I thought they sounded better then the Heresy 2's i had at one time - to my ears anyways. Nice looking pair here. GLWS

Randy/Maine
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Of the Klipsch that I have heard, Heresy, KG2, Klipschorns, these have been my favorite, they always seemed musical to me - and I'm not a horn guy either...
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• fizik
    fizik Posts: 3
    GLWS, Nice set of speakers
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Wish you were about 1000 miles closer. Would buy these for my uncle since he is a Klipsch fanatic hehe.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • rromeo923
    rromeo923 Posts: 1,513
    Cant believe they havent sold yet. I had a pair w/crites tweets that I sold for $400 on C/L and had a number of responses in the first week. These are nice speakers and a deal at $250!!
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Love to have these for my shop rig.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dromunds
    Well, its about time. I have noticed the price of those KG-4's seems to have risen lately, but regardless somebody got a bargain.