Paradigm Phantom V3 Towers

felipe
felipe Posts: 423
Hey all. Hope everyone had a good Xmas :). My Folks were offered a pair of these from my aunts hubby who is downsizing due to space constraints. Anyone here have experience with paradigm? How would these compare to the AJ pio towers? The paradigms are in mint used condition. Cosmetically they match my folks decor better because of the Rosewwod cabs. Thoughts?
My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

Comments

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I don't have much to offer you Felipe on this model of paradigm. I do have a friend who has owned some paradigm speakers from around the late 80's to early 90's. They work great to this day and he's used them a lot. Since these are a gift, I'd say you couldn't go wrong with them,enjoy!
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    I had a pair of the Phantoms and was pleased with them. If they are similar to what I had, then they look more like a monitor 7 than today's floorstanders. Good sound but no access to the drivers without removing 12-15 screws on back of cabinet and have to get in from the backside.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited December 2014
    I had the Phantom V2's all black & they were excellent with a decent sub... Never heard the Pio's but ive read they are very good
    Randy/Maine
  • felipe
    felipe Posts: 423
    Thanks for the input so far guys. I forgot to mention that the offering isnt as a gift..my aunts hubby is asking 150 for them. They seem to be in excellent condition. Is this askng price too much? I did some research and it seems these were around back in the early 2000s...
    My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I want to say I saw a figure of $400 somewhere, not sure if that 's what they paid for a used set or if that was a price each new . Either way, $150 sounds fair.