I RECENTLY OBTAINED A POLK AUDIO SPEAKER THAT I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO IDENTIFY IT'S MODEL TYPE.

IT IS A BOOKSHELF SIZE SPEAKER THAT IS VERY HEAVY WEIGHT WISE. IT HAS THREE SPEAKER PARTS, TWEETER,MID-RANGE AND BASS. ON THE BACKSIDE OF THIS SPEAKER, IS THE SERIAL NUMBER M22881. THERE IS ALSO A FUSE CONNECTOR ATTACHED TO THE SPEAKER. IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME TO IDENTIFY THIS SPEAKER, I WOULD BE EXTREMELY THANKFUL FOR THIS INFORMATION!!! I WOULD ALSO BE INTERESTED IN FINDING A MATCHING SPEAKER TO THIS SPEAKER. THANKS. PMORTLOCK

Best Answer

Answers

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Post a picture and you'll get a more accurate assesment....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Mystery
    Mystery Posts: 2,546
    What siz cabinets?
    Sounds like monitor 5.

Klipsch RB81, KG3.5, B&W DM602.5, Polk.
    Subwoofers: Klipsch RW10, Triad ProSub Bronze.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    With fuse, probably early Monitor 5's but we really don't know without a pic. Also please take caps lock off when posting to the forum. Hard to read and considered poor online etiquette. Finding a single speaker may be more difficult than obtaining a working pair. You may want to part out the drivers and crossovers for money towards a complete pair once you determine what you have.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• TNHNDYMAN
    Also if you could at least post the dimensions such as -- height, width, length, then we would probably figure it out pretty quick even without a picture.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• Mystery
    edited December 2014
    Answered? so what's the answer?
    'Turn of the caps' is the answer?
    I think this vanilla has gone mad.

• He has two threads going on the same topic, answer was in the other one
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Mystery wrote: »
    Answered? so what's the answer?
    'Turn of the caps' is the answer?
    I think this vanilla has gone mad.

You just realized that.....LOL

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mystery
    Still don't see answer confirmation there either.
    Looks like if question thread has any reply, it's answered.
    I was thinking op needs to mark reply as answer but I guess vanilla thinks any reply even if it is completely unrelated, is the answer.
    Pretty smart! Blah...blah. ..

• TNHNDYMAN
    Mini Monitors it sounds like. The lower driver is actually a passive radiator. Does this look like it?
    01qmhu80ulnj.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    ^^^ Those were ridden hard and put away soaking wet... did you find them floating in tsunami debris? ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • TNHNDYMAN
    Yes they are pretty rough. I do have surrounds to fix them and am looking for 1 better condition passive rad and 1 grille, so if any more stuff washes ashore on the left coast near you John just let me know.