WTB: FXi30 OR FXi50'S

gmorris
gmorris Posts: 1,179
edited August 2004 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Please, sell me your FXi30's or FXi50's. Please please please.

I have a pair of R20's that I would trade, if interested. (most likely I'd give you the R20's & some cash, the FX's are worth more than the R20's)

Or, if you want to sell me your FXi's outright, that would be cool too.

Please sell me you FXi30 or 50's so you can upgrade, I know you've been itching to upgrade.

note: if anyone has any other surround speakers they'd like to sell, let me know, maybe we can work something out.

Later,
Greg
Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo.
Post edited by gmorris on

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited August 2004
    same boat here I have r20's for rears and would love fx.....but it's not in the immediate forecast.......
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited August 2004
    Tisk Tisk gmorris! This DOES NOT get you any closer to the Arcam gear! :D
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • gmorris
    edited August 2004
    Originally posted by Willow
    same boat here I have r20's for rears and would love fx.....but it's not in the immediate forecast.......

Funny, I also use the R20's for surrounds....

Tisk Tisk gmorris! This DOES NOT get you any closer to the Arcam gear! [/B]

I got the O.K. from the fiancee to get rid of the R20's & replace them with some speakers that don't stick out from the wall as far. The left surround is mounted to the wall, right next to the door to the back porch. The old lady has banged her head on the speaker more times than I'd care to try not to laugh at. She is fed up with banging her head, so I told her the FXi's are not as thick.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited August 2004
    wish I could have that happen at my house so my wife would give me the ok to buy FX's Well I don't want my wife to get hurt....but I wish there was a way I could convince her the FX are worth the purchase
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited August 2004
    gmorris...... If your interested my CC had a pair of fxi300's for $95ea if your interested I could see if they still do and get them and send them to you for the price+shipping. Let me know they are black and the cabnets are slightly diff. then the 30's (have a plastic looking angled top but the drivers are the same.

Dave
  • gmorris
    edited August 2004
    Hey Dave,

That's interesting. I'm not familiar with that speaker. I'll look it up, and see what I can find. That sounds alittle more than I was thinking of spending, though. I'll do some research, and I'll get back to you.

Where in Western PA are you? I wouldn't imagine the shipping to be too high.
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited August 2004
    I'm in West Middlesex, Pa. next to Youngstown, Oh. The CC is in Niles, Oh..
  • gmorris
    edited August 2004
    Hey Dave,

I looked into the FX300i, and it has the same midrange driver, but it uses the 3/4" tweeter. (probably the same as in the R series) So, it doesn't match the rest of my spearkers. I'm going pass on those.

Thanks for the offer, though. That was very cool of you to offer to do that for me. I appreciate that.
  • gmorris
    edited August 2004
    :) Happy bumping.