Steam

Sooo... Who is on Steam? I've been playing quite a bit since I got it going this week. I'm really just playing two titles, Team Fortress 2 and Path of Exile. Are you on it? What are you playing?

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited December 2014
    I have never played Team fortress 2 but it cracks me up :) I sort of like how its now funny cartoon style characters...played the original and half-life & half-life 2 was my favorite single player till Fallout 3 & Skyrim... don't really play online multilayer mostly for lack of time & I got to hate public servers and some of its crowd..
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Loooove some TF2. I'll have to have a look as to what my username is. I think glasspheasant, but I'll need to check to make sure. Do you have team speak?
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    And I searched for your username, didn't find it.
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    I'm on steam bud don't do multilayer or deathmatch as I really really suck at it big time, I think the longest I've lasted before getting killed not counting accidentally fraging myself or a team mate is about 5 seconds. Yes I'm that bad. :anguished:

BTW: If you have 100+ post and been here at least a year and don't have Half Life 2 I have an extra one I can gift you just PM me your Steam info and it's yours.
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • codyc1ark
    PM sent. See, that is why this place is so cool. Kind of reminds me of last night. I had found a 20 on the floor of my local watering hole. At the end of the night my tab was $18.00, so I used the CC for the tab, wrote 'NO!' under the tip section, and left the 20 with it. I could have paid my tab with the found money, but where is the fun in that?
  • gimpod
    Replied via PM, Enjoy........
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • voltz
    I've played I sure every version of Half-Life & Half-Life 2 and your gonna like this one. Nice one Tony!!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• gimpod
    I hope he likes it, I do and still play today along with all the other half life's. I even still play Wolfenstein 3D and Doom 1,2 and 3, Funny thing is I enjoy playing the older PC games over the newer console ports being made lately any day.
  • voltz
    I bought my 2nd PC just to play doom head-to head via null cable :) but it started with wolfenstein 3D :) I agree about the older ones were the best or at least my memory thinks so...except Skyrim & fall-out 3, played the original fallout years ago... then was lost in Unreal Tourney for years. wow the years I lost in gaming...

• jflail2
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    And I searched for your username, didn't find it.

Crap OK. I'll have to log on after work and have a look. Team Speak is a chat program many folks use to communicate in game. Once we get linked up on steam, I can give you a log in to a server me and a couple of friends use. If you can bear with the occasional F Bomb, I'd be happy to have you join us for some TF2.

• codyc1ark
    Cool let me know. @gimpod I haven't seen anything quite yet from you, I'm not sure how gifting even works I'm so new at this.
  • jflail2
    edited December 2014
    What's your steam name? Gonna hop in now real quick and throw you a friend invite.

And mine is either jflail2 or Hollywood Cole.

• codyc1ark
    Steven or scrob?
  • jflail2
    Cody, so scrob might be the steam user name? I'm positive mine is one of the 2 above.

I have a spare key of the Don't Starve multiplayer version, if you're interested. You'd need the single-player version of Don't Starve, but I can gift you the multi key once you have Don't Starve purchased (if you're even interested in playing that.)

• ndmaynard
    ndmaynard Posts: 6
    Anyone play Dota2 on steam?
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    I'm on it. My main game lately (and for a while now) has been Left 4 Dead 2. The original maps themselves are awesome, but there's a wide range of add-on maps that are often even better than the originals. 4 player online coop is what it's all about.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • jflail2
    DSkip wrote: »
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Cody, so scrob might be the steam user name? I'm positive mine is one of the 2 above.

I have a spare key of the Don't Starve multiplayer version, if you're interested. You'd need the single-player version of Don't Starve, but I can gift you the multi key once you have Don't Starve purchased (if you're even interested in playing that.)

Is this game any good? I love the art style. If he is not interested, I might be if you're up for some co-op.

Not bad man. We've actually moved on to Ark: Survival Evolved. It's still in development but is well playable at this point. Basically, you're a human in a dinosaur world. Building bases, gathering materials, taming dinos for mounts or pack mules, etc etc. Lots of fun so far!

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I'm on it. My main game lately (and for a while now) has been Left 4 Dead 2. The original maps themselves are awesome, but there's a wide range of add-on maps that are often even better than the originals. 4 player online coop is what it's all about.
    I've only played this on the 360. Love the characters on L4D2 though, Coach may be may favorite.

• voltz
    when I was on 3rd shift I ran a private server for years so the guys I worked with could go home in the mornings and kill each other. we play UT4 or enemy territory and later Battlefield 1942 - battlefield 2... then the next day at lunch everyone would talk about how they killed each other etc.. :) was good times back then heck the rental of a server was only like $14 a month

• voltz
    I use a computer, never could get use to a joystick for PS3-4 games or X-box. I did all of my FPS shooters using a mouse since the original DOOM came out!
    but I sure loved playing UT4 - one of my all time favorites! There was so many ways to play it. Deathmatch was fun but I like it better when 8 of us took on 8 bots! in the different games like Assault (Mothership) etc..

• Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    voltz wrote: »
    I bought my 2nd PC just to play doom head-to head via null cable :) but it started with wolfenstein 3D :) I agree about the older ones were the best or at least my memory thinks so...except Skyrim & fall-out 3, played the original fallout years ago... then was lost in Unreal Tourney for years. wow the years I lost in gaming...

So did you play Descent. Love the game. Specially with two 3dfx cards.

Cheerd
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • codyc1ark
    After a long gaming break I've been back into consoles for the last few months. Revisiting a few old games but mainly playing Assassins Creed Blag Flag and now Revolution. Freekin' awesome games.
  • voltz
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    voltz wrote: »

So did you play Descent. Love the game. Specially with two 3dfx cards.

Cheerd

YES! wow Decent drove me crazy LOL making all those turns without turning my whole dang body :p think we played some coop with a buddy..been so long agao wow! those 3dFx cards were are the rage weren't they? :)

• gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    I'm working my way through Dark Souls prepare to die edition.. in fact I am pretty good at dying now! Lol (anyone who has played will know)
  • jflail2
    I still apparently have a gifted version of Halflife 2. Let me know if anyone wants it and I'll be happy to send it along. Been playing the new Rainbow and Borderlands 2 on Steam here lately. Anyone else enjoying the new Rainbow?

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I was going to buy RB6 Siege but wasn't sure if it would play split screen?