Ultrafit compatability w/ Android

Options
I purchased Polk UltraFit 3000 headphones a couple of years ago, and would like to grab another pair. After I received them, I realized that the inline control buttons on the wire were compatible with iPhones only. Being an Android phone user, the buttons and microphone have been non-functional for me. Some time later, I noticed that Polk was selling the UltraFit 3000a - which were advertised as compatible with Android.

Now, as I'm interested in buying another set, I see that they're back to just the 3000 designation, with no mention of iPhone or Android compatibility. Anyone know how these (evidently) "new" models work with Android?

The Polk page includes little descriptive information - the Reviews and Q&A sections are empty. Unfortunately, the cover of the manual indicates the headphones are "Made for" iThings, with no mention of anything else...

http://www.polkaudio.com/ultrafit-3000/d/1033

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The headphones will work with some android phones. The issue lies with the manufacturer of the phone rather than its operating system. I recently purchased the Polk Buckle headphones but the Mic and volume control wouldn't work with my Samsung galaxy s3. However since I have switched to a HTC android phone the Buckle's function as intended, Mic and volume. I do believe that all of Polk's headphones are optimized for iPhone but they will work with some androids. It seems that the Samsung phones are the ones that have most issues. I tried the headphones on my wife's galaxy s5 and had the same issues.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant