Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• Farkenhostile
    Farkenhostile Posts: 85
    edited July 2014
    I hope the Seahawks can win it again. but I wont be cocky and say they are going to win it all again. but i hope they do!

Go Hawks!
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    Sci-fi Polk Guy Posts: 194
    edited July 2014
    I hope the Seahawks can win it again. but I wont be cocky and say they are going to win it all again. but i hope they do!

Go Hawks!

The Seahawks have a pretty tough schedule this season. It's tough to repeat as Super Bowl champs. Nobody has done it since New England did it in 2004 & 2005. And, before then, the Cowboys did it in 1998 and 1999.

One of the bad things about winning the Super Bowl is that your key players are targeted. The Seahawks lost Golden Tate to the Lions. But, Percy Harvin is healthy. I hope that he stays that way. Having a healthy Percy Harvin will greatly increase Seatlle's chances of repeating. The Legion of Boom will continue to hold court. Opposing receivers, be warned. Keep your head on a swivel.
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited July 2014
    Percy Harvin staying healthy, yeah right good luck with that.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited July 2014
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Percy Harvin staying healthy, yeah right good luck with that.

Ooh-Ooh! I think I sense a migraine coming on!
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited July 2014
    Hope springs eternal......unless you're a Fins fan. I'm excited about the season kicking off soon, but have tempered my expectations based on our offensive line. With Pouncey out the first half of the season, all 5 starters on the Fins line will be new. While they couldn't do much worse than last season's line (58 sacks allowed), I'm not overly optimistic we're any closer to the playoffs than we were last year.

This is a make or break year for Tannehill. We need some Marino magic back in Miami!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited July 2014
    yep... **** Harvin learned quite a bit from Randy Moss, in that he only plays for himself. The difference is that Randy would just stay at the line of scrimmage if the ball was not coming his way, and Harvin will sit on the bench if he feels like it. Glad the Vikings traded that cancer.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited July 2014
    Go CARDINALS! The Red Sea is rising.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    edited July 2014
    Yes...but I don't know if my team is! :rolleyes:
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited July 2014
    Haven't watched American Sports for the past 10 yrs while in Japan, something tells me I may need to read up on this stuff.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited July 2014
    If Seattle stays healthy on defense it's very possible they repeat. But if they get hit on defense like Denver (5 starters), and New England (4 starters) including both teams best defensive player, then no way. Can you imagine Seahawks repeating without their best defensive player Sherman? Highly doubtful.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • jephdood
    jephdood Posts: 1,671
    edited July 2014
    markmarc wrote: »
    If Seattle stays healthy on defense it's very possible they repeat. But if they get hit on defense like Denver (5 starters), and New England (4 starters) including both teams best defensive player, then no way. Can you imagine Seahawks repeating without their best defensive player Sherman? Highly doubtful.

IMO, it would be a bigger hit to lose Earl Thomas.
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2014
    Tonight I get the first look at what my new 2014 edition Minnesota Vikings look like, and while it would be wrong to say I have any hopes of being a contender this year, I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see them play tonight. With five games lost in the last 90 seconds in 2013, it was obvious to me that coaching was the biggest deficit we had last year, and a defense that couldn't stop a pop warner team didn't help matters.

I am excited to see them play outside again as well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited August 2014
    This is my favorite time of year, beginning of football when everybody is still in it, love the excitement that exists between now and the end of September.
  • gudnoyez
    edited August 2014
    John dang it all, missed the game me and the wife went out to dinner had a few beers got home it was 10-6 with 1:11 left we won how did Bridgewater look with the starters? I'm sure Cassell will be fine, come on Norv Turners our friggin offensive cordinator and Zimmer our head coach, I think it will be a decent year just because of the change in the coaching staff. I'm looking forward to the upcoming season.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• nooshinjohn
    edited August 2014
    John dang it all, missed the game me and the wife went out to dinner had a few beers got home it was 10-6 with 1:11 left we won how did Bridgewater look with the starters? I'm sure Cassell will be fine, come on Norv Turners our friggin offensive cordinator and Zimmer our head coach, I think it will be a decent year just because of the change in the coaching staff. I'm looking forward to the upcoming season.

NFL Network rebroadcast starts in 10 minutes!

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited August 2014

Cassel looked GREAT tonight! He was in total control - calm, cool and collected. He hit all his receivers in stride so there was plenty of yards after the catch - NOTHING like what we saw with Ponder last year! I so hope Cassel has an exceptional year. I think with Bridgewater's presence, he'll be pushed to have his A-Game handy at all times.

Bridgewater looked just OK. At one point, he was 3-of-8 passing and finished 6-of-13. He did have some nice plays, but I didn't really see much flash to his game tonight. Not bad for a first outing as a pro.

Ponder took up pretty much where he left off last year. Granted, he was playing with the seconds, thirds and some fourths, but it was simply the same old crap. He would drop back while looking the whole time at his primary (e.g. his ONLY) receiver. Then, with the defense knowing exactly where he was going to throw it, he'd toss it out there with no zing on it and usually underthrown. I remember ONE nice (receiver in-stride) pass, several near-interceptions, a few passes that receivers had to stop or just come back for and at least a few sacks. Really kind of difficult to watch for those of us with purple blood.

The Vikes' First D looked very good. The Raiders went 3-and-out their first two or three times on the field and only crossed the 50 for the first time with more than half of the second quarter passed. Rhodes, Munnerlyn and Smith made some nice plays in the secondary. Barr was in on a sack. Coleman had a solid game at safety.

On Offense, Patterson (3), Jennings and Rudolph made some really impressive catches with Cassel hitting all of them IN-STRIDE! McKinnon and Thielen look like they both could be valuable additions to this team.

Vikes' coaching has me REALLY excited!! For the first time in a VERY long time, I'm not feeling like they're showing up spotting the other team seven points just because our coaching staff is so very overmatched. I truly feel "our" coaching will give us an advantage just about every week. Zimmer DEMANDS full effort out of these guys and Turner called a good game, with lots of variety, especially since it was game one of the preseason.

Most NFL experts have us picked to bring up the rear in the NFC North again. But, I'm hoping we can give the Bears and the Lions something to think about.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2014
    Ponder needs to be cut this week IMHO. That would make room for Tim Tebow.:biggrin: He would be fun to watch as a tight end/QB utility type player, but regardless, Ponder needs to leave before he can contaminate Bridgewater.

• PaulW
    PaulW Posts: 38
    edited August 2014
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Superbowl Prediction......Bears vs. Colts.....Bears win 30 - 17 this time.

I think that's entirely possible and as a Bears fan would like to see it.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2014
    Great game tonight if you are a Vikings fan... I have not seen that level of determination from this team in at least 5 years. I am under no illusions this season, but I do have faith that Mike Zimmer has a date with Lombardi.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited August 2014
    Texans flipped there loss from there a$$ whooping from AZ last week
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited August 2014
    , but I do have faith that Mike Zimmer has a date with Lombardi.

Now that is a direct result of legalized pot....LOL.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited August 2014
    For the most part, i see all the divisions being highly competitive. Even the AFC East should be interesting with Miami, Buffalo and the Jets pushing the Pats.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited August 2014
    Miami and Buffalo ? I didn't know they legalized pot in Ohio too....lol.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Maybe the defense will be good enough to carry them for a bit, but my 49ers look epically bad on offense so far this year...
  • My Browns are looking terrible on offense and defense. It's going to be an interesting week 1 in Pittsburgh.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    The Rams just got dealt a pretty bad hand this week. Their starting QB is out with an ACL... at least the Vikings have a place to dump Ponder now, though I think Brett Farve may still be a better option. :p

• gudnoyez
    Actually Ponder would be better off as 3rd string riding the bench and learning from Norv Turner than to be Starting for the Rams. The Vikings are going to be surprising a lot of teams this year. I can't wait for the season to start I have a feeling I can wear my ugly a$$ Denny Green starter Jacket here in Bears country talking $..t time to dust it off I last wore it the year the saints got those favorable calls in the NFC championship game.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    this is going to be the year of "Any given Sunday"

No real standouts, "hawks and maybe Packers"

I'm a fantasy player and pretty much tossed out the strategy books this year.

Going to be an interesting season
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I was initially thinking a down season for the Broncos, but they've looked pretty good so far. The biggest surprise for me is just how bad that 49er team has looked so far.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Broncos and Seahawks in the super bowl again this year, but with a better game this time around.
  • dee1949
    dee1949 Posts: 1,425
    ...join our football pool to avoid the winter blues.

on login for 2014 PAGE

http://www.surrealistic.com/football/login_2014.html

click - To join an existing group, "sign up and create a login id."

choose - ' Polkies ' - group display

" polkie2014 " - password

...save your login name and password , once it is sent you.