Worst movie that I've ever seen

Comments

• ahmed
    ahmed Posts: 23
    edited August 2014
    where the wild things are. Technically I have not really "seen" all of it because I stopped about half way.
    My system:
    http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=ahmedreda

RTI A9/CSI A6/RTI A5
    Subs: 3xRythmik Audio FV15HP
    Denon 4311CI/Emotiva XPA-2/Emotiva XPA-5
    BenQ W6000/W7000 projectors/130" 16:9 screen
    Playstation 3/WDTV Live/Roku 2 XS /Apple TV/Tivo HD[/SIZE]
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    Sci-fi Polk Guy Posts: 194
    edited August 2014
    gdb wrote: »
    Pacific Rim

Yes, the acting, plot, and dialogue were terrible. But, you must admit that the sound track was great for testing your 5.1 rig, if you have one, which I do. Lots of boom boom, pow pow.
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • JerryR1verz
    JerryR1verz Posts: 76
    edited August 2014
    Chariots of fire aka Nap time 8+)
    Polk Monitor 10
    Polk Monitor 7
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    edited August 2014
    ahmed wrote: »
    where the wild things are. Technically I have not really "seen" all of it because I stopped about half way.

The book on which that movie was based won the Caldecott medal in children's literature. (Kind of like a Pulitzer's prize for kiddie literature.) Too bad that excellence wasn't translated to the big screen. Also, from what I understand, there is an older animated version. Maybe that one is better.
    Paradigm SE sub
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
  • JerryR1verz
    JerryR1verz Posts: 76
    edited August 2014
    Wrong Turn was so bad it was good... epic
    Polk Monitor 10
    Polk Monitor 7
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    edited August 2014

That whole genre of "cannibalistic madmen brought about by mutations and inbreeding" movies just isn't my cup of tea. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I Am Legend, Resident Evil, Night of the Living Dead, and, to a degree, the old classic Omega Man, starring Charlton Heston, and many, many others are all part of that genre, variations on a grossly overworked theme. But, if those are the kinds of movies that wiggle your ears, as they used to say, "Different strokes for different folks."
    Paradigm SE sub
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for this one, I think I have to watch it just so I can laugh some more...
    That car chase was awesome, lol
    headrott wrote: »
    Rumplestiltskin. Terrible, terrible movie! Not sure if it's "the worst", but it's up there........:lol:

WARNING!!! Contenent NOT suitable for all ages (language). Not too bad, however. This will give you some idea of the "quality" of the movie! :lol:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uHVNkKdz8bo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • Jhayman
    edited August 2014
    Yup I love my Technics it's like owning a piece of history..
    I use it in my other system consisting of that TT, and Yamaha CR-2020 and some Polk bookies.
    This is totally unrelated to post, but in your signature, I noticed that you have a Technics SL-1200Mk2 turntable. I had a college buddy who had one back in the early 80's. It was the bomb!! His system consisted of the aforementioned turntable with a Shure V15 Type IV cartridge, a 100 wpc stereo integrated amp and a tuner by Kenwood, a dbx noise reduction unit, and a pair of RTR towers with supertweeters. At that time, that was a nice rig for a college student.
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited August 2014
    Freddie Got Fingered...its the only movie I've ever left the theater in the middle of.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    edited August 2014
    I dunno. I just watched "Sharknado 2" last night with my 14 y/o daughter. I think those trashing the movie are missing the point. It's not supposed to be a legit horror movie...it's supposed to be an awful, campy and funny movie that you can rag on with your friends. The kid and I laughed our asses off at how preposterous it was. Imagine a scene where a shark, riding on a wave that's flooding a subway tunnel, is chasing and biting at a subway train and its passengers. There was even some very funny jokes in there that were easy to miss, not to mention some real funny cameos. At one point, the hero yells, "taxi!," only to get into the cab with Judd Hirsch driving. Then there was a man holding a "The End Is Near" sign on the street being scolded to "get a job" by none other than "Shark Tank" star Daymond John. Or what about Subway spokesman, Jared, waiting for the train sitting under a "Subway" restaurant poster? And did I mention Tara Reid with a FRIKKEN CIRCULAR SAW AS A HAND??

Hands-down, the best "bad" movie I've ever seen, and I've seen a few.
    TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
    Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
    Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
    AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited August 2014
    ROHfan, lol, did you see the tongue in cheek " jump the shark" scene where the guy ran across the backs of the swimming sharks to escape the sinking taxi?
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    edited August 2014
    So bad that it's good? Oh, yeah, like those Dr. Demento songs, "Shaving Cream" and "They're Coming to Take Me Away".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSAEownqddg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fn36l_z3WY

What a hoot!!
    Paradigm SE sub
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
  • dbKiller
    dbKiller Posts: 316
    edited August 2014

I thought Wrong Turn was decent, not great, but I'd watch 2 hours of complete crap if it stars Eliza Dushku! Not bad on the ol' eyes.
    Home Theater: LG 60PB450; Pioneer Elite SC55; RT2000P; RT55P; CS400p; FX500; SVS PB12-Plus/2; PS3 360GB

Office: Onkyo TX-NR616; RT2000i; RT800i; CS400i; DSW Micropro 4000; XBOX 360 250GB; LG BR370; Panasonic Plasma

Bedroom: Sony STR-DH820; CS400p; RT55p; Sony Grand Wega 55"

Retired: Sony STR-DN840; Yamaha HTR-6130; Sony STR-DN520; Paradigm Phantom V.3; Paradigm CS-270V.3, Cinema ADP V.3, PS1000 V.4; Polk S6; Onkyo TX-NR809; Monitor 50, CS1; FXi3; PSW350
  • Farkenhostile
    Farkenhostile Posts: 85
    edited August 2014
    Grownups 2 was by far the worst movie I have ever seen, Adam Sandler who used to be funny should be banned from making movies for at least 10 years after that one. The 2nd worst was Grownups 1.
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    edited August 2014
    Guys, I am really enjoying your postings. Keep 'em coming!!
    Paradigm SE sub
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
  • Jhayman
    edited August 2014
    The beginning was super funny $hit with the deer...IMO
    If you did not find that funny, I guess it's all in your movie mood..
    Grownups 2 was by far the worst movie I have ever seen, Adam Sandler who used to be funny should be banned from making movies for at least 10 years after that one. The 2nd worst was Grownups 1.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited August 2014
    Grownups, anchorman, Pacific Rim, Twister, Congo? Sure you can argue those are bad but worst ever???

Some of you guys need to experiment more. I dare anybody to watch Battlefield Earth and tell me any of those even belong in the same discussion with that movie...
  • ROHfan
    edited August 2014
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    ROHfan, lol, did you see the tongue in cheek " jump the shark" scene where the guy ran across the backs of the swimming sharks to escape the sinking taxi?

Of course! What was really funny about that scene was that the camera never revealed what they were all jumping on to. Was the street somehow eight feet higher on the other side???
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    edited August 2014
    Oh damn I forgot one! The Grand Budapest Hotel ..... Pure torture to watch. Thankfully I did not pay to see this one. Was in the GF's Nexflix que.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • Polkie2009
    edited August 2014
    One of the all time worst movies I ever saw was "The Telephone" 1988 with Whoopi Goldberg. It was a huge suckfest , kept hoping it would get better ,but what a waste of time. I never cared for Whoopi Goldberg , even more so within the past 15 years.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    edited August 2014
    An old one...Killer Klowns From Outer Space.....Sahara...about an ironclad going to
    Africa with a load of gold... Really? Those things couldn't navigate a river without sinking....and more recently..at a buddies house..World War Z....those zombies falling off buildings...all in a huge pile...that was rich...I laughed so hard my sides split! What's with all these zombie movies anyway?
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited August 2014
    xjghost wrote: »
    Oh damn I forgot one! The Grand Budapest Hotel ..... Pure torture to watch. Thankfully I did not pay to see this one. Was in the GF's Nexflix que.

I hate to hear that, deb and i enjoyed wes andersons movie "Rushmore", as a sweet funny very different movie from what was typically out there.

"The life acquatic with stevezissou" was a mild dissapointment but when I saw the commercials for hotel i was looking forward.

Thanks for the heads up, wont waste time.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    edited August 2014
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    An old one...Killer Klowns From Outer Space.....Sahara...about an ironclad going to
    Africa with a load of gold... Really? Those things couldn't navigate a river without sinking....and more recently..at a buddies house..World War Z....those zombies falling off buildings...all in a huge pile...that was rich...I laughed so hard my sides split! What's with all these zombie movies anyway?

I use to love to read Clive Cussler and will stand by his story and that it was a decent movie taken from his book. It's a story. How many Zombies you seen lately? ;)
    I hate to hear that, deb and i enjoyed wes andersons movie "Rushmore", as a sweet funny very different movie from what was typically out there.

"The life acquatic with stevezissou" was a mild dissapointment but when I saw the commercials for hotel i was looking forward.

Thanks for the heads up, wont waste time.

I don't think I have ever seen any of his movies. This was my first. I would get others opinions before you trust mine.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited August 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEoOb1Pmgfw So terrifically bad that many think it's good ! (c;
  • Polkie2009
    edited August 2014
    I actually really liked the quirkiness of Rushmore. Plus, I may be a be partial since it was filmed here in Houston.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    edited August 2014
    My daughter MADE me watch Frozen with her a couple weeks ago. What a steaming pile of ****....
  • Coltsfan#1
    Coltsfan#1 Posts: 17
    edited August 2014
    Glitter -- still trying to get those two hours back! I'd have to put Hudson Hawk in there, too.
  • Jhayman
    edited August 2014
    I liked Hudson Hawk for the quirkiness of all the one liners, lol
    Coltsfan#1 wrote: »
    Glitter -- still trying to get those two hours back! I'd have to put Hudson Hawk in there, too.
  • Sea
    Sea Posts: 317
    edited August 2014
    Battlefield Earth.......but such a great book.
    Main-Carver TFM35(2),Carver C11 ,Carver SD/A 360 CD,Carver TX11 ,Grace Digital Tuner, Pioneer PL707 TT,Polk SDA1C
    Downstairs -Carver M1.5t, Carver C1 Pre, Carver TX10 Tuner, Carver TL3200 CD Player, Dual 1009 TT,Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl
    Study - Carver AV634 Amp, Carver CT7 Pre, Carver DTL50 CD Player, Polk RTA12c
  • ROHfan
    edited August 2014
    xjghost wrote: »
    I don't think I have ever seen any of his movies. This was my first. I would get others opinions before you trust mine.

Please, by all means!

J/K. Seriously, "The Grand Budapest Hotel" is my absolute FAVORITE Wes Anderson film. And it was the best movie me and the wifey saw in 2014, hands down. The colors, the imagery, the acting, pure gold. This is truly a movie lover's movie. Virtually every single scene was constructed purely for the movie out of the imagination of the director. There's nothing there that wasn't put there on purpose. On that note alone the film is a huge achievement. Everything is hand crafted with nothing out of place. Characters are centered on the screen and the movie seems to move around them as if they are stationary. I will admit that the story is not the most fascinating, but for me, the movie was more about evoking feelings, creating rich imagery and experiencing an artist at the top of his game. I can see, however, that it may not be everyone's cup of tea.