4 shot ever going to be fixed?

Sacrinis
Sacrinis Posts: 41
edited July 2014 in Video Games
Is the original 4shot mic issue ever going to be addressed and fixed? I either want Polk to release a statement saying they messed up or that they are actually going to fix this damn thing!

Does anyone have a clue?
Post edited by Sacrinis on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    edited June 2014
    Why don't you call them and simply ask ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Superdude
    Superdude Posts: 34
    edited June 2014
    Sacrinis wrote: »
    Is the original 4shot mic issue ever going to be addressed and fixed? I either want Polk to release a statement saying they messed up or that they are actually going to fix this damn thing!

Does anyone have a clue?

I tried putting in enhancement requests for MS Beta Program, few people agreed but never heard back from MS Devs. I dont think they care, therefore its really out of polks hand. Its a shame... The mics they sent work well though at least.
  • Tiremfej
    Tiremfej Posts: 11
    edited June 2014
    I actually posted something on the preview forums before the engineering team responded to me and stated they were happy I made this issue aware to them...it was in preview 1405 I believe...
  • SgtPayback
    SgtPayback Posts: 33
    edited June 2014
    At this point I think the ship has sailed on fixing the 4Shot other than giving customers an in-line boom mic. Obviously this pretty much defeats the purpose of the intended design, but it's better than nothing I guess. As for me, I have been enjoying my Astro A40 headset without issue and with glorious Dolbly 7.1 surround sound for months now. Good luck to those of you still holding out hope on this dumpster fire of an issue. As an industrial designer it's a real bummer, but it is what it is.
  • codebluedvo
    codebluedvo Posts: 8
    edited June 2014
    I gave up a few weeks ago, I bought the Astro A50's. What a great headset. I can hear myself speak, they are super loud and sound great. My 4shots are now my music headset, they are great for that. I did call them. They will not refund and after they were opened retailer would not take them back only exchange for a new pair of 4shots. Really is a bummer, the 4shots are the best feeling headset, they feel great on the head and secure. I held a lot of blame against MS for this issue but have realized now Polk failed on many levels as well with these. No other headset I have used with my xbox or ps4 has had so many issues. On the ps4 the 4 shots still do not allow voice monitoring, so your shouting when you dont need to be. Oh well, if you ahve the $ buy the Astros and save yourself the frustration.

Bummed 4shot owner
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2014
    Hello,
    Are you using the boom microphone with the 4Shot? That should help with the problems.
    Regards, Ken
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited June 2014
    Ken many of the boom mics you sent out to folks appear to cause an echo for everyone else in the party. I have a v moda boom mic and it does not cause the same thing.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for that update.
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited June 2014
    shepx2 wrote: »
    Ken many of the boom mics you sent out to folks appear to cause an echo for everyone else in the party. I have a v moda boom mic and it does not cause the same thing.

I can second this, as when I use my boom mic, Shep and our other friends say that it is causing them to hear an echo.
  • Sacrinis
    edited July 2014
    I simply do not want to use this boom mic.. its a bull**** fix for a bull**** problem, i bought the headset to work as intended, not to have to use a secondary mic just to use them. And yes the boom mic causes echo that annoys my whole party.. I want my damn money back POLK!
  • chiefjls
    chiefjls Posts: 5
    edited July 2014
    Sacrinis raises a valid point except about getting your money back on the product. I too have
    purchased this product in good faith-of Polk's outstanding quality and all the rave reviews put out
    on it. I staked my reputation as a gamer and got all my friends to purchase this product upon its
    release. To my dismay and criticism from friends it turned out to be a lemon. I had sold them on a
    product that had the herald history of a well known reputable company behind it. I, Having previous experience creating, testing and implementing multi-billion dollar communication and navigational
    systems. I cannot fathom how Polk would rush idly into releasing a product that would go from costing the consumer 160.00 u.s. dollars at release to a paltry 15.00 after a couple of months.
    (see eBay prices of private sellers)
    As a consumer I respectfully demand an update, a public update from the CEO of Polk.
    The band aid fix of a detachable microphone that amplifies every slightest tug on a shirt through
    your ear-set not to mention massive feedback/echo issues when the volume is turned at its
    maximum top three settings, and fatigue.
    Microsoft is a juggernaut company and understandable some changes to controllers have been
    rushed to the masses at the very last minute of the Xbox Ones release. The 4 shots may have
    had ample research and development time to iron out the final issues prior to Microsoft's release of the Xbox ones controller patch. The product should have had ample time after this patch to test
    and release it. Obviously a near field microphone would work via a cellphone and it does, it works
    pretty-well. However the product was marketed and sold as a gaming headset without the use of a later shipped out patch/boom mic peripheral.
    Therefore I as a consumer purchased a product that cannot be used in its original format. Polk
    legally has tried to remedy the situation of their consumers with a free boom mic sent out on Polk's part, and that washes their hands of the situation.
    But I digress, If Polk is the company I and all of their consumers believe them to be Someone
    official, preferable CEO Kevin Duffey Needs to make an updated statement about his product not to
    me, but to all of his consumers. I am not a business partner nor am I obviously a representative for
    any company in partnership of Polk. I assume whomever reads this will pass this along to
    the forum administrator and then that person will pass it along to someone reputable in the company. I'm sure CEO has better things to do then read his company's forum posts. And no I will not send a
    formal letter to Polk electronically or in an analog format, I am not looking for an informal response.
    I've taken it upon myself to solicit a formal public response From Polk.

Chief
  • Sacrinis
    edited July 2014
    chiefjls wrote: »
    Sacrinis raises a valid point except about getting your money back on the product. I too have
    purchased this product in good faith-of Polk's outstanding quality and all the rave reviews put out
    on it. I staked my reputation as a gamer and got all my friends to purchase this product upon its
    release. To my dismay and criticism from friends it turned out to be a lemon. I had sold them on a
    product that had the herald history of a well known reputable company behind it. I, Having previous experience creating, testing and implementing multi-billion dollar communication and navigational
    systems. I cannot fathom how Polk would rush idly into releasing a product that would go from costing the consumer 160.00 u.s. dollars at release to a paltry 15.00 after a couple of months.
    (see eBay prices of private sellers)
    As a consumer I respectfully demand an update, a public update from the CEO of Polk.
    The band aid fix of a detachable microphone that amplifies every slightest tug on a shirt through
    your ear-set not to mention massive feedback/echo issues when the volume is turned at its
    maximum top three settings, and fatigue.
    Microsoft is a juggernaut company and understandable some changes to controllers have been
    rushed to the masses at the very last minute of the Xbox Ones release. The 4 shots may have
    had ample research and development time to iron out the final issues prior to Microsoft's release of the Xbox ones controller patch. The product should have had ample time after this patch to test
    and release it. Obviously a near field microphone would work via a cellphone and it does, it works
    pretty-well. However the product was marketed and sold as a gaming headset without the use of a later shipped out patch/boom mic peripheral.
    Therefore I as a consumer purchased a product that cannot be used in its original format. Polk
    legally has tried to remedy the situation of their consumers with a free boom mic sent out on Polk's part, and that washes their hands of the situation.
    But I digress, If Polk is the company I and all of their consumers believe them to be Someone
    official, preferable CEO Kevin Duffey Needs to make an updated statement about his product not to
    me, but to all of his consumers. I am not a business partner nor am I obviously a representative for
    any company in partnership of Polk. I assume whomever reads this will pass this along to
    the forum administrator and then that person will pass it along to someone reputable in the company. I'm sure CEO has better things to do then read his company's forum posts. And no I will not send a
    formal letter to Polk electronically or in an analog format, I am not looking for an informal response.
    I've taken it upon myself to solicit a formal public response From Polk.

Chief

Great read and you are completely right. I think this issue needs to be fixed and if it cannot be fixed customers deserve their money back at least in a future product that actually works. You should post this as a main topic on the forum so we can get answers.