4 shot mic update

RobMitch
RobMitch Posts: 23
edited July 2014 in Video Games
Is this update ever going to happen feels like months since we last heard something positive you said the boom was temporary fix so can you ask Microsoft to get their stuff together please.
Post edited by RobMitch on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    edited July 2014
    23 posts about a boom mic ? C'mon man, if your unhappy with it, return it or sell it and move on. Seriously, if a fix was available, or even in the works it would have been done by now. How many threads do we need about this boom mic anyway ? Even if Microsoft comes up with a fix, I doubt it would address all the problems. Sometimes you have to see things for what they are and move on.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited July 2014
    Tony, I've been a staunch defender of Polk throughout this, but the fact is that the solution Polk sent everyone (boom mic) was only supposed to be a temporary fix. And now even that is not working properly for people. Because of this, resale prices are ridiculously low for anyone looking to sell and move on.

It's really a black eye for Polk, even if MS was partly to blame for the situation.
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    Shep,

It goes without saying really that every manufacturer has a turkey along the way, sometimes more than one even. That one bad apple doesn't spoil the Polk brand bushel though. Crap happens, and with all the complaints about this one product I think Polk needs to offer up something because it's becoming blatantly obvious that a fix is no where in sight.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited July 2014
    Tony, I completely agree. I was telling Shep that I was thinking about selling my 4shots, but then I saw that they were going for around $30 on eBay. It would kill me to sell a set of headphones I bought less than a year ago for $130 that cheap. I sent a message to Polk via Facebook a few weeks ago, but have not heard anything back. I hope Polk does do something for us.
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    We'll see Zero, it's not like Polk to let this slide although it has slid a tad too long already. I think they are just besides themselves on what to do short of giving everyone a refund.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    edited July 2014
    I think it's a shame that MS didn't implement a dB gain menu setting for headphone mics. We have the features for our security DVRs for recording audio. Different mic manufacturers have different mic sensitivities and this levels out the playing field and solves issues when retrofitting an existing system.

I have discussed the issue with Avigilon engineering and since the adjustments in mic input doesn't effect the video, implementation would be quite simple.

Avigilon also has a video game division so they commingle technologies.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    All depends....a fix may indeed be possible, but it also has to fall within price constraints. Your not going to spend x amount on a fix that will cost Polk 50% of the product. But then, whats the alternative ? It's a balancing act in the end, finding a cost effective fix, while still saving face with their loyal fans and retaining brand recognition within that segment of the market.

If they offer a full refund, who will buy another like minded product from them ? If they offer no fix, nobody will anyway and that may leave such a bad taste in some mouths it could spill over to lost sales on other products. I think they really got themselves in a pickle over this one but they need to do something.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's