new score

Options
seabeerob213
seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
edited June 2014 in Car Audio & Electronics
just bought from m friend, an alpine head unit, not sure the model, know its 2 ohm stable though, will check monday when i give him the second half of the cash and pick up the rest of the gear. its one of their higher end units from a few years back, he pulled it up online, it still goes for almost 500 new. he let it go for 200, plus the in all the satellite radio and bluetooth kit he bought for it, these are the iems i have picked up so far, he needs to remove the head unit from his mini still. when i was there getting it, we decided to peak inside a car going yo the junkyard next week, and spotted some alpine type r coax speakers, and with a quick phone call, got them for nothin. so for 200 bucks, got a nice bit of gear to run in my samurai.
2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
Post edited by seabeerob213 on

Comments

• seabeerob213
    edited May 2014
    Options
    correction, some places it goes for that much, best price i have seen was 330 on amazon, here is the model, x305sbt
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited June 2014
    Options
    outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)

If you plan to use amps, you may be dealing with some noise.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • seabeerob213
    edited June 2014
    Options
    not sure on amps, plan to run 2.1 in it, as its an offroading rig. i hav 2 2channel amps, and need to get a sub and amp still. both the 2 channels are kinda wimpy amps as well.
  • seabeerob213
    edited June 2014
    Options
    why would i see noise?
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Because 2V pre-amp outputs are typically more prone to being affected by EM interference than 4V or higher. The higher voltage provides a stronger signal so that the signal is less susceptible to interference through just raw power. If it does manage to get some interference, the 4V+ signal is strong enough that any error correction software can weed out the bad stuff with ease since it's typically pretty weak compared to the pre-amp voltage.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!