Completely lost

Options
lenny44b
lenny44b Posts: 6
edited June 2014 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Ok I have a PA600.1 with two DXi124 DVC. I'm reading on how to wire it all together but I can't wrap my brain around it. Can someone help me out here. I want both subs to get equal watts and the lowest Ohm possible. I must also add these are last generation Items. Thank you in advanced
Post edited by lenny44b on

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I would look at this Polk webpage for the info and wiring of your sub.

http://www.polkaudio.com/polk-university/faq/how-do-i-wire-my-amp-to-a-sub

Come back and post if this doesn't cover your needs.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • lenny44b
    lenny44b Posts: 6
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thhey are wired in series which is a 1ohm load which I now know is not suitable for my amp. Is there anyway I can wire them in a 2ohm load instead of a 4?
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The only way to safely run them on the amp you have is the 2 DVC Driver Series/Parallel diagram on the link I posted. This is a 4 ohm setup and will allow your amp to handle both subs.

Or you can run the subs as single coils in parallel to get the 2 ohm load. (not optimum)
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Here: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

In the middle of the page, you'll see a table with the entry: Select quantity and impedance.

To the right, you want to select your speaker quantity in the drop down box and the next one over will be your voice coil impedance. The 124's are dual 4 Ohm voice coils, IIRC.

However, with 4 ohm VC's, your options are either 4 ohm load or a 1 ohm load. Physics says you can't do it any other way.

You could do like what was mentioned and only run one voice coil on each sub but that's going to change the performance of your sub since it's going to have to sling around that secondary motor structure set of parts. That changes mass and will change response.

What kind of amp are you running?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • tinhkt5491
    tinhkt5491 Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Completely lost
    ĐIện lạnh thăng long chuyên bán buôn bán lẻ điều hòa không khí. Các hãng điều hòa được ưa huộng hiện nay như: điều hòa LG, điều hòa Gree, điều hòa Midea,