Any 2014 Kia Forte owners?

Options
RamZet
RamZet Posts: 792
edited May 2014 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey,
traded my jeep liberty for a new 2014 Kia Forte EX. I let the old system go in my jeep ( alpine type R component speakers).
Im going to start over with my new car.

I didnt want to do a sub in the trunk just because I find myself using it a lot now. The jeep had folding seats in the rear and I just normally kept them down at all times. However the new car is very nice and I dont want to treat it like a Jeep.
So what I found are some great 6.25" shallow subs.
I was thinking of doing subs the rear door speakers ( the 6.25" subs), midranges in the front door speakers and tweeters in the dash in place of the stock tweeters.
This should give me a nice clean powerful sound without going to overboard with sub enclosures and external tweeters.

So I decided to go with the Rockford Fosgate PPS6 mids, Rockford Punch tweeters and Kicker CVT651 subs. I will most likely reuse my old amps. I will be keeping the OME radio b/c its touchscreen and voice activated.

What Im looking for are instructions on how to remove the dash board so I can get behind the stock radio. If anyone has a website with how to's or just general knowledge of the Kia Forte I would love to hear/see it.

If anyone also has a speaker configuration they love with in my budget let me see it. (budget on speakers=$300)
B&W CM9Classé Sigma
Post edited by RamZet on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Don't care much for RF speakers. Would rather see you go with something else in that range.

Rather than 6" subs in the doors, I think you'd be better off just getting a single set of as high end components as you can. A good quality set of 6's will dig down to 40 Hz and won't leave you wanting much for sub bass. Then get your a good powerful 2 channel (or 4 channel and bi-amp) amp and you'd have some very good sound and not take up any room other than wherever you mount your amp.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • RamZet
    edited March 2014
    Options
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Don't care much for RF speakers. Would rather see you go with something else in that range.

Rather than 6" subs in the doors, I think you'd be better off just getting a single set of as high end components as you can. A good quality set of 6's will dig down to 40 Hz and won't leave you wanting much for sub bass. Then get your a good powerful 2 channel (or 4 channel and bi-amp) amp and you'd have some very good sound and not take up any room other than wherever you mount your amp.

Any speakers in mind?
    My last component set of car speakers were the Alpine type R (Alpine Type-R SPR-17S), they left me wanting more bass ( so I installed a sub). I gave each speaker 100w so they weren't under powered too.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Depends on how much youre looking to spend. For the $300 price range, the Polk MM's are always going to be a recommendation. Theyre based on the same SR's I have been using since 2005 and are excellent. If you can afford more, the new Focal Flax speakers are getting pretty rave reviews from everywhere. I havent heard them yet but I cant seem to find anybody that doesnt like them even on DIYMA and there are always people over there wanting to not like stuff. Theyre $600 but may be worth looking at. From what Ive read and what I know of Focal's sound, I have considered buying them even without listening to them.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • RamZet
    edited March 2014
    Options
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Depends on how much youre looking to spend. For the $300 price range, the Polk MM's are always going to be a recommendation. Theyre based on the same SR's I have been using since 2005 and are excellent. If you can afford more, the new Focal Flax speakers are getting pretty rave reviews from everywhere. I haven't heard them yet but I cant seem to find anybody that doesnt like them even on DIYMA and there are always people over there wanting to not like stuff. Theyre $600 but may be worth looking at. From what Ive read and what I know of Focal's sound, I have considered buying them even without listening to them.

Im going to look at the Focals, I get dealer pricing on them (300 a pair).
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • AeR0
    AeR0 Posts: 102
    edited March 2014
    Options
    get the focals if you can for 300... just hope you have a amp to power them nicely!
  • RamZet
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So I am going to get Focals.
    I know they make awesome speakers, however I cant demo them anywhere!
    BestBuy had the Rockford and Polks, I did not like them at all. its too bad too, my friend gets 1/2 off polk car speakers.

I dont want to go back to my Alpine type R (because Ive been using the typeR for 7 years and its time to move one).

I like the way these speakers are setup. I would have a nice 3 way 2ch set up. Bass, mids and highs. No need for a giant sub in the trunk.
    Focal Access 165 A3 6.5-Inch 3-Way Component Speaker Kit
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001Q9EKV4/ref=pd_luc_sbs_03_04_t_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can only read reviews on them, cant demo them anywhere. Anyone here have them or something like it?

For power I'm going to keep my Boss amp (Boss Audio CE1004). I know its a Boss amp but the unit is rock solid and sounds great. Its pushing 110wpc and runs cool. Looks good too.

Screen_Shot_2014_05_10_at_8_49_40_PM.jpg
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma