Xbox One Melee Adapter - Latest ETA

2»

Comments

• SwiftyCG
    SwiftyCG Posts: 29
    edited February 2014
    Superdude wrote: »
    !!! NEW ETA, Adapters are being packaged and will be sent out not this Friday but NEXT FRIDAY, March 7th!!!

Called Polk Support and got confirmation.
    Thank you for the update.
  • Blankman
    Blankman Posts: 51
    edited February 2014
  • JerryFromFL
    JerryFromFL Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Do we have any idea how fast they are shipping these? I mean, will we have them by Titanfall on the 11th?
    I only ask because I just received my Melee's and registered them today.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Do we have any idea how fast they are shipping these? I mean, will we have them by Titanfall on the 11th?
    I only ask because I just received my Melee's and registered them today.

^^^^^ This!!! Can't prepare for Titanfall without my headphones!
  • SwiftyCG
    SwiftyCG Posts: 29
    edited March 2014
    Also will we be getting a email letting us know they have been shipped? Or tracking number? Thanks
  • Bamf
    Bamf Posts: 28
    edited March 2014
    I called 4X today and waited on hold for 15+min each time before hanging up. Just wanted to get ask if we will be getting an email confirmation of shipped adapter or not.

Terrible CS imo.....
  • JerryFromFL
    JerryFromFL Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Right on brother! -- this was in reference to shepx2's response.
  • Bamf
    edited March 2014
    After attempt #2 today, I FINALLY got someone to pick up the phone at Polk CS, only had to wait on hold for 10min on call #1 this time. I asked a few questions and Helen was able to answer them, but, not very clearly.

Q - When will the Melee adapter begin shipping for those who registered their headsets?
    A - Im not sure, thats a whole different department, the orders are being made from Polk for the adapters and when the orders are received to Polk, they will ship out to the customer. (read: NO ETA of receipt for adapter to customer......)

Q - Will the customer receive an email confirmation once the adapter has shipped?
    A - I would assume so. (read: I dont know.....)

Q - Will the address provided during product registration be used to ship the adapter to?
    A - Yes. (read: Phew, at least we got one question answered with some certainty)

I used to rock the Polk audio stuff back in the day when boomin car audio was the shizzle, but for a company in business for over 40yrs, you would think they could run a promo like this with relative ease.

The lack of confirmation and information about the how's and when's they are going to be able to get us these adapters is subpar.

Not to mention the lack of availability to customers to be able to communicate with them. Forgot to mention previously, that I also emailed [email protected] also with the same questions, again, with no response.....

I know that this is just my experience recently with Polk, and I see that others have had better communication with them, but this is one customer with ADD/OCD that just wants some clarity on a product promo. Why has it been so difficult to get simple questions answered?

Good Luck to everyone waiting for their adapters. I hope everyone gets them in a reasonable amount of time after release on 3/7.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited March 2014
    Hello,
    I'm sorry you didn't receive more reassuring information, I've sent your post to Polk's marketing department. In general terms I know that the online product registrations are closely monitored and orders for the adaptors are entered as soon as they are received. The same day that the adaptors are available they will be shipped to owners. Once I find more specific information I'll post it here.
    Rest assured that Polk will do the right thing and get them to you as quickly as possible.
    Regards, ken
  • sframsden3
    sframsden3 Posts: 52
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the reply Ken. I think us owners of the Melee are looking for assurance that the adapters are being shipped out on the 7th as expected and that they will be delivered at a reasonable speed. Would also be nice for us to somehow receive a notification that our individual adapters have been sent out if at all possible. Otherwise we could be waiting around for a week not knowing that somehow our registration didn't go through and they didn't send an adapter, etc.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2014
    I understand completely, I hate not knowing when something is shipped myself. As soon as I know anything I'll post.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2014
    Hello,
    I've checked with the folks in Polk marketing and there will be an email sent to owners as soon as the adaptor is shipped. If anyone is not able to register their Melee on Polk's product registration, for any reason, contact me and I'll put you in touch with the person who can register you.
    Polk doesn't have a specific date for the adaptor, they tell me, "very soon". I know that isn't very helpful, as soon as I have more information I'll let everyone know.
    Keep the faith, Ken
  • shepx2
    edited March 2014
    Hello,
    I've checked with the folks in Polk marketing and there will be an email sent to owners as soon as the adaptor is shipped. If anyone is not able to register their Melee on Polk's product registration, for any reason, contact me and I'll put you in touch with the person who can register you.
    Polk doesn't have a specific date for the adaptor, they tell me, "very soon". I know that isn't very helpful, as soon as I have more information I'll let everyone know.
    Keep the faith, Ken

Thanks for checking, Ken.

BTW - Amazon is backing off their March 7th delivery date, due to "Manufacturer Delays"
    http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Stereo-Headset-Adapter/dp/B00IAVDOS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394076486&sr=8-1&keywords=microsoft+chat+adapter
  • regnaston
    regnaston Posts: 38
    edited March 2014
    shepx2 wrote: »
    Thanks for checking, Ken.

BTW - Amazon is backing off their March 7th delivery date, due to "Manufacturer Delays"
    http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Stereo-Headset-Adapter/dp/B00IAVDOS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394076486&sr=8-1&keywords=microsoft+chat+adapter

Best Buy and Future Shop around me have them in stock but not selling to customers (I had a guy get me one from the back and I was going to buy it but the cashier said something came p on their screen sating not being sold until the 7th)
  • Bamf
    edited March 2014
    Thank you Ken, for taking the time to follow up on the issues I posted.

I am glad to see that you were able to get a bit more clarification on the status/process for the adapters.

Another point of concern that my ADD/OCD missed was:

How do the customers know that their registration of the headset has been confirmed and recieved by Polk? In my experience, whenever registering a product, I have received some sort of confirmation of registration. Unfortunately, that's not the case here. And, since there was no registration confirmation, and still no confirmed date for adapter shipment, how does the customer know they will even be shipped an adapter? Waiting and hoping is not really the best practice.

Any follow up is appreciated.

Again, Thank You for making the extra effort to resolve the customer concerns here. The customer service on the phone should take some pointers from you and the rest of the moderators on this board who take the time and when neccessary go above and beyond to ensure the customer is satisfied.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2014
    Hello,
    You can send an email to [email protected] and she will verify that your registration was entered and that shipping information was correct.
    Cheers, Ken
  • sframsden3
    sframsden3 Posts: 52
    edited March 2014
    I would also have to imagine that anyone who registered their headset could login to the Polk account (under Support -> Register Products). When I do this it shows my address as well as my registered Melee. One would only assume that this means Polk has accepted my registration and I SHOULD be good.
  • Superdude
    Superdude Posts: 34
    edited March 2014
    Hey just a heads up on the adapter. You MUST have the latest XBOX One patch on before the headset adapter will work.
    The controller has been upgraded in the patch.
  • Bamf
    edited March 2014
    Hello,
    You can send an email to [email protected] and she will verify that your registration was entered and that shipping information was correct.
    Cheers, Ken

Thanks Ken, I have sent Sheila an email.

Hope to hear back asap.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2014
    Sounds good...!
  • Superdude
    Superdude Posts: 34
    edited March 2014
    Adapters are being shipped right now.
  • shepx2
    edited March 2014
    Superdude wrote: »
    Adapters are being shipped right now.

Did you get an email?
  • itsMac13
    itsMac13 Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    Am i, a month later, the only one who still hasn't received the adaptor? no contact, notification that i will even be sent one, or anything.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2014
    Hello,
    Have you checked your product registration account to make sure you have properly registered your headphones?
    Regards, Ken
  • broadsword001
    broadsword001 Posts: 10
    edited April 2014
    still not had reply from email
  • itsMac13
    itsMac13 Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    while my replay is quite a bit delayed, i had done all of those things. i ended up receiving the adapter and boom mic today. end of the day, i never did receive any notice of what was going on, or even a response to the email i sent in regards to it all. glad i have received them now though.
  • ajili.mahdi
    ajili.mahdi Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Hi,
    I know I'm late to ask questions. I bought a Polk Melee from Best Buy. It was an openbox. The deal was intresting so I bought it.
    the issue is, I couldn't register. probably because who bought it and returned it, already registered to get the deal.
    Am I still eligible for the promo?