More information on the DXi6501?

Tucker_Z
Tucker_Z Posts: 21
edited May 2014 in Car Audio & Electronics
Does anyone have more detailed specs on the 6 and a half inch mid range DXi6501? I'm building a custom enclosure and need to know what size it should be. If no one has the exact volume, could you recommend a size?
AVRs
Marantz SR-7400 - My room

Speakers
Polk RTA15TL - My room
Polk Monitor 5 - My room
Post edited by Tucker_Z on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2014
    Those are built to work best in a free air installation like a car door. Building an enclosure won't hurt necessarily but it'll need to be a little large. Large enough that it won't fit inside a door. Where are you planning on mounting these?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Tucker_Z
    Tucker_Z Posts: 21
    edited May 2014
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Those are built to work best in a free air installation like a car door. Building an enclosure won't hurt necessarily but it'll need to be a little large. Large enough that it won't fit inside a door. Where are you planning on mounting these?

Welp, its for a custom home audio setup. And after switching to the MM6501, and a few emails to Polk support, they recommended an enclosure volume of .25-.3 cu ft. Also if you would like more detailed specifications on this project let me know- I've got a CAD drawing of it all ready sketched up and would love to share. I have every single detail worked out.
    AVRs
    Marantz SR-7400 - My room

Speakers
    Polk RTA15TL - My room
    Polk Monitor 5 - My room