Controller Issue After Update

St00
St00 Posts: 11
edited April 2014 in Video Games
Hi all,

After updating the controller to work with the 4 Shot, my right thumbstick persistently drifts upwards whilst in game and the 'A' button often fails to action on the initial press. Great headphones, but currently I've had no news about despatch of a boom mic and I've a broken controller. Has anyone else experienced this? Can Tech Support advise how to reset the firmware so I can try the update again? Or advise any other fix?

Aiming down sight is a total mare!

Regards, Stuart
Post edited by St00 on

Comments

• SwiftyCG
    SwiftyCG Posts: 29
    edited April 2014
    It all has to do with microsoft the update had nothing to do with polk.
  • St00
    edited April 2014
    OK, I accept it's their code, but the update was to make the 4 Shots work. I'd like to know whether this is widespread and whether there's a planned update. I don't think that's unreasonable.

I've got thirty days to decide whether to return them as faulty and go with Turtle Beach, so hopefully they're will be some movement before then.
  • Bamf
    Bamf Posts: 28
    edited April 2014
    St00 wrote: »
    OK, I accept it's their code, but the update was to make the 4 Shots work. I'd like to know whether this is widespread and whether there's a planned update. I don't think that's unreasonable.

I've got thirty days to decide whether to return them as faulty and go with Turtle Beach, so hopefully they're will be some movement before then.

Since the controller software update, I have come across the same issues as you have as well as the low mic gain issue.

Ask Microfail...the mic issue and controller problems is all them.

You can return these if you choose, but keep in mind, the low mic volume as well as other issues with other manufacturers are directly linked to Microfail and the controller. So regardless of what brand you go with, you may still come across headset and controller issues until MS decides to update the controller software.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/13/microsoft-investigating-xbox-one-headset-adapter-issues
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/11/5497650/xbox-one-headset-adapter-chat-audio-issues-microsoft-investigating

To date, I have seen no information from MS in regards to an update for controller software.

As an FYI, Polk will send out a free boom mic to resolve the mic issue. I received my boom mic yesterday and it eliminates the low mic gain problem completely. However, the stick wandering, random controller freezing, etc. are all still present.
  • St00
    edited April 2014
    Hi guys,

I contacted MS who will replace my controller for free, I just have to pay to send it to the Czech Republic, which smarts a little given that their update broke it, but at least it's a day one edition.

Regards,

Stuart
  • sframsden3
    sframsden3 Posts: 52
    edited April 2014
    In the Beta Update Preview of the next OS update coming out sometime in April there has been a controller firmware update to fix some audio issues with headsets. Nothing has been released yet to solve the mic gain issue from the Polk's, but that may come at some point. Either in the April update (unlikely it seems) or the May update (assuming that Microsoft continues on its current path of monthly OS updates).
  • broadsword001
    broadsword001 Posts: 10
    edited April 2014
    sorry i need 10 posts