4 Shot sound dropping out (not mic)

Options
remowilliams84
remowilliams84 Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Video Games
The microphone issues with the 4 shot are well documented, but I seem to be having a problem that other users aren't. When playing a game on xb1, happens both on cod and titanfall, with my 4 shot connected to the controller I am getting audio drop outs when the action becomes intense.

This doesn't seem to happen when much is going on, but when there are several explosions, the sound will cut out completely. Sometimes for only a half second, but at others it drops our for 3 to 5 seconds. Is anyone else having this issue and is this being looked into by the team fixing the mic problems?
Post edited by remowilliams84 on

Comments

• shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The microphone issues with the 4 shot are well documented, but I seem to be having a problem that other users aren't. When playing a game on xb1, happens both on cod and titanfall, with my 4 shot connected to the controller I am getting audio drop outs when the action becomes intense.

This doesn't seem to happen when much is going on, but when there are several explosions, the sound will cut out completely. Sometimes for only a half second, but at others it drops our for 3 to 5 seconds. Is anyone else having this issue and is this being looked into by the team fixing the mic problems?

It's another documented problem with the adapter, unfortunately. If you look across reddit, you'll see other users with that problem with multiple headsets. :-(
  • sframsden3
    sframsden3 Posts: 52
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Yea, looks like Microsoft really rushed out the headset adapter / update for the controller. I mean, I am saying "rushed out" when it already took them about 4 months after the console launched... But, they definitely shouldn't have released the thing without properly testing it. Seems like so far a lot of this XBox One console thing has been a beta type experience for most people. All the users are becoming the testers for Microsoft.

I am glad that they seem to be pushing out updates as quickly as possible though, with another one scheduled some time in April, but it just seems like they are really rushing things lately and not taking a step back to truly test for bugs before releasing to the wild. At the end of the day it just makes Microsoft look bad.
  • bluehorde
    bluehorde Posts: 5
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Remo,
    I was having this problem last night as well... :(
    Here is hoping for a quick fix.
  • Sacrinis
    Sacrinis Posts: 41
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Yes this is a problem with the adapter as well. It happens with the XO 4 and XO 7 also. I can deal with that but damn I hope they add a Mic Monitor function to these headsets. Everyone complains I scream in my house because I CANT HEAR MYSELF!
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sacrinis wrote: »
    Yes this is a problem with the adapter as well. It happens with the XO 4 and XO 7 also. I can deal with that but damn I hope they add a Mic Monitor function to these headsets. Everyone complains I scream in my house because I CANT HEAR MYSELF!

I've never understood how people can stand that mic monitor function. The echo drives me nuts. Just don't get so worked up, and you won't yell :-)

Seriously tho, one option for you is to get a set of "open" headphones instead, so that they don't isolate you as much.
  • Sacrinis
    edited March 2014
    Options
    There should never be an echo with mic monitoring. You should hear yourself just like if you were talking without the headset on. Ive owned multiple pairs of turtle beach headsets and never has there been a delay.
  • Sacrinis
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Also its not that im yelling I am just talking extremely loud because I cant hear myself. Its like a person listening to music and you try to talk to them and they are loud as hell. Also open headphones will do they same thing, you can hear whats going on around you when you have the headset off but once you are in the heat of battle with alot of noise you cant hear yourself or anyone else around u.
  • Wuzz Ranger
    Wuzz Ranger Posts: 7
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I agree Sacrinis, they should implement mic monitoring. I find myself getting beat over the head by the wife because I'm to loud when my family is trying to sleep. Never had an issue with echoing either when it comes to mic monitoring. I do find it rather frustrating that we the consumer have to be the guinea pigs for an adapter that a well known company made. I'll take the half ****'d adapter any day over the red ring of death. :)
  • sframsden3
    sframsden3 Posts: 52
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sacrinis wrote: »

This thread wasn't even about mic monitoring yet you bring it up here? You've already said it once, are you going to post this in every thread?
  • Sacrinis
    edited March 2014
    Options
    sframsden3 wrote: »
    This thread wasn't even about mic monitoring yet you bring it up here? You've already said it once, are you going to post this in every thread?

Oh im sorry I brought it up in 2 separate posts, god forbid. Don't be a petty dick, I swear some people are just online to piss people off.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,793
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My mother told me when a was a young lad that if I didn't have anything nice to say I should not say anything.......so, I'll just :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Metallic30
    Metallic30 Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I've had problems with audio drop outs here there.
    What works for me is simply unplugging the headphones from the adapter and then plugging them back in.
    Clears it up every time.
  • nizzy1115
    nizzy1115 Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I've also had this problem on every xbox 1 game I own. Is it a Microsoft firmware issue or a polk adapter issue? I'm tired of constantly unplugging and plugging in my adapter mid game so I can actually hear.
  • Bamf
    Bamf Posts: 28
    edited March 2014
    Options
    nizzy1115 wrote: »
    I've also had this problem on every xbox 1 game I own. Is it a Microsoft firmware issue or a polk adapter issue? I'm tired of constantly unplugging and plugging in my adapter mid game so I can actually hear.

Its a MS controller/adapter software issue. I had the whole controller freeze up and drop all audio on me last night during Titanfall for the second time since I recieved the stereo adapter and updated the controller software.

FYI, the Polk adapter you refer to is actually a MS specific product. Polk did not make these adapters.
  • nizzy1115
    nizzy1115 Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Bamf wrote: »
    Its a MS controller/adapter software issue. I had the whole controller freeze up and drop all audio on me last night during Titanfall for the second time since I recieved the stereo adapter and updated the controller software.

FYI, the Polk adapter you refer to is actually a MS specific product. Polk did not make these adapters.

Oh interesting, I didn't know that about the adapter and it really is in MS hands then.
  • Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Bamf wrote: »

Yep, I can definitely +1 on that.

Only started happening since the last controller firmware update. Microsoft clearled screwed the pooch on that one, it's pretty bloody awful all round.

The controller will just out of the blue stop responding completely, the sound drops out (but the lights are still on) and there's absolutely nothing you can do to fix it other than physically pull the battery and reseat it.

Microsoft clearly didn't properly test this release before sending it out and that's just in addition to the shocking 3rd party headset support that the latest update screwed on top.

Oh and whilst we're on topic here, I want to say I HATE the concept of Mic monitoring. I absolutely don't want to hear myself when I speak with others.

Would you want that on a phone call?

Screw that. I want silence in my own earcups thanks, let the people I'm speaking to hear my voice... LOUD AND FKN CLEAR THANKS!

/end rant
  • TangentialShark
    TangentialShark Posts: 11
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Fortunately, I have not had this problem though to be fair, I own the Melee. The problem I do have is that the retractable mic is no longer functioning for me at all. I bought the Melee about a month ago and experienced the low chat volume like everyone else, but today it seems no one can hear me at all.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hello,
    Give Polk's CS department a call tomorrow at 1-800-377-7655 for assistance.
    Regards, Ken