Polk Audio 4 shot?!?

Options
Sacrinis
Sacrinis Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Video Games
First off I love the headset but there are a few problems.

1. THIS IS A BIG ISSUE. You simply cannot make a headset with chat without voice monitoring. I am told all the time that I am screaming because I cannot hear myself talk. BIG MISTAKE!
2. Chat sucks, I know this is getting fixed so its ok.

Will there ever be an added voice monitoring system? Because I really want to take this back now, I just never use it because I hate hearing my muffled voice and people yelling at me because im screaming.
Post edited by Sacrinis on

Comments

• sframsden3
    sframsden3 Posts: 52
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No XBox One headsets have mic monitoring. Not even the turtle beach XO Fours or XO Sevens and they (Turtle Beach) are well-known for always having mic monitoring. It could be a limitation of the headset adapter?
  • Sacrinis
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Im guessing its something they can patch in a later update on xbox one itself. I think maybe you will be able to turn it on and off from the console but I really hope they do it soon. I love the polks and I guess ill stick with them but damn I really need a Mic Monitoring function.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sacrinis wrote: »
    Im guessing its something they can patch in a later update on xbox one itself. I think maybe you will be able to turn it on and off from the console but I really hope they do it soon. I love the polks and I guess ill stick with them but damn I really need a Mic Monitoring function.

Don't count on it. They haven't mentioned ever adding this ability, and unless a large amount of people are asking for it, it may not get added.
  • Wuzz Ranger
    Wuzz Ranger Posts: 7
    edited March 2014
    Options
    shepx2, I'm going to count on it. How many people honestly don't like to hear themselves over their own headset??? I believe Sacrinis staid it best in a different post: "It's like talking to someone when I'm trying to listen to music" When we talk with our headsets on, we sound like we are mumbling and I don't know anybody who is ok with that.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Options
    shepx2, I'm going to count on it. How many people honestly don't like to hear themselves over their own headset??? I believe Sacrinis staid it best in a different post: "It's like talking to someone when I'm trying to listen to music" When we talk with our headsets on, we sound like we are mumbling and I don't know anybody who is ok with that.

Most people I know prefer to not hear ourselves. So, it boils down to preference.
  • Sacrinis
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Its not that I even prefer it, the problem comes when you have a kid or a family that needs to sleep or are around you they do not want to hear you scream while playing a game. They need to add this and just make it a off or on type thing, this way it works for people that prefer it and those that dont.