Subwoofer Static

I just setting up my home theater with a new PSW110 sub and new Onkyo TX nr626 receiver.
I am getting static through the subwoofer. I am using a shielded Monster cable to connect to
the LFE jack. I have moved the sub away from the receiver and even plugged it in a different outlet.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Post edited by pikerunner on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited February 2014
    Hello, pikerunner and welcome to the forum. Let's try to diagnose your issue. First, let's try to isolate whether or not it is the sub.

Take the interconnect out of the LFE jack and connect it straight to a left or right main speaker output jack. Does the static remain?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pikerunner
    pikerunner Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    yes, no change. I also swapped out the cable with no change.
  • treitz3
    edited February 2014
    Okay, it seems as if it may be the sub woofer itself. Was this sub purchased new from an authorized dealer or used?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pikerunner
    edited February 2014
    Purchase brand new from Crutchfield.
  • treitz3
    edited February 2014
    I believe a call to Crutchfield is in order for a return. I'm still curious as to why static [upper frequencies] would be coming from a sub woofer that only produces low frequencies. Could you please describe, in your best words, what happens and what you hear when you power up the sub?

Tom
  • pikerunner
    edited February 2014
    Just more of a crackling static sound. It is much like radio static between stations. It gets worse as more bass increases. Thanks for ypur help. It is most appreciated!
  • treitz3
    edited February 2014
    That is a bad sub. Call Crutchfield first. I believe they are an authorized dealer so you should be in good hands.

Tom
  • Does the DSB1 have bluetooth capability?