4 Shot Headset of XBox One

Options
TxBlownAway
TxBlownAway Posts: 1
edited January 2014 in Headphones
Is there a release date for the 4 Shot Headset?
Post edited by TxBlownAway on

Comments

• Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't know if this helps, but a user on the Best Buy gaming forums states that they spoke with a Polk rep. and that they should be available on or around the release date of the Xbox One (Nov. 22).

Here is the thread:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Consoles-Accessories/Polk-Audio-4Shot/m-p/712755/highlight/true#M3887
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Seems like a reasonable headphone question...
  • Zeros
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Additionally, gamestop's website has it listed for a 2/1/14 release date, if that means anything.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-4-shot-gaming-headset-blue/111578
  • Zeros
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Since its bee a while, can anyone at Polk give us a concrete release date for these? Retailers are all over the place with dates:

Microsoft Store - 4/1/14
    Fry's - 3/31/14
    Gamestop - 2/1/14
    Amazon - 2/14/14
  • Zeros
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I know I am talking to myself here, but for others that are also interested in these, here is an answer from Polk's Facebook page:

Polk Audio: The tentative release date is February 14th.
  • GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    GAMEPHRENIC GOD Posts: 53
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thank you for keeping the conversation going. I can not wait for the release. I am hoping it will defy my Tiamat 7.1, combined with a Psyko Audio amp and HD Audio Rush setup.
  • nycxbox
    nycxbox Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Options
    For those of you who have a Xbox 360 headset you want to move over to Xbox one - no need to wait. I have the Melee headset for Xbox 360 and I am using them on Xbox one.

I grabbed this..

http://www.quickdrawmods.com/Xbox-one-Headset-Adapter--Get-your-360-Headset-Working-on-Xbox-One-NOW_p_547.html

Works great.

I also have another company's headset for 360 and that worked too.

I still preordered the 4 shot but No need to wait if you have the older Polk headset.
  • GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    GAMEPHRENIC GOD Posts: 53
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I have just learn that the 4Shot, will be all stereo. I had a Reserve at Gamestop and your telling me, that this is all Stereo. Why not just put, Xboxone headset that use only stereo. We are assuming that these would be a least dolby or direction headset. We are competitive Gamers. So, please tell me I am wrong, that I am just wrong...please tell me. Because, the last time I had headset that did less that Astros...my wisdom tooth start acting up.

nycxbox wrote: »
    For those of you who have a Xbox 360 headset you want to move over to Xbox one - no need to wait. I have the Melee headset for Xbox 360 and I am using them on Xbox one.

I grabbed this..

http://www.quickdrawmods.com/Xbox-one-Headset-Adapter--Get-your-360-Headset-Working-on-Xbox-One-NOW_p_547.html

Works great.

I also have another company's headset for 360 and that worked too.

I still preordered the 4 shot but No need to wait if you have the older Polk headset.
  • san
    san Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I have just learn that the 4Shot, will be all stereo. I had a Reserve at Gamestop and your telling me, that this is all Stereo. Why not just put, Xboxone headset that use only stereo. We are assuming that these would be a least dolby or direction headset. We are competitive Gamers. So, please tell me I am wrong, that I am just wrong...please tell me. Because, the last time I had headset that did less that Astros...my wisdom tooth start acting up.

If by stereo you mean two channels, your Astros, and mine, too, are stereo. The Astro MixAmp interface -- the little box on the A40s or built into the headset on the A50s -- processes the Dolby program and simulates a 5.1 or 7.1 experience in two channels. But it's still only two channels. It's only stereo. How exactly the 4 Shot will sound with audio as processed by the headset and/or the Xbox One adapter remains to be seen. Uh, I mean heard.

But what would be the point of Dolby? The Xbox One does not output a Dolby program for game audio. For 5.1 or 7.1 game surround sound you've got PCM or DTS. Microsoft has indicated this was a timing issue with the release revision of the Xbox One software and they'll eventually add Dolby support via a system update. That update is as yet undated and there's no good reason to believe the Xbox One will support Dolby at the time the 4 Shot is released, or even soon thereafter. Sometime. In the future. Before the end of the world, one would suppose.

Anyway, I've consistently used Polk gear with consistently good results for, step back, 30 years now. So Polk wants to make headphones for my Xbox One, I'm in.