Ben Williams.

Options
ESavinon
ESavinon Posts: 3,066
edited November 2013 in The Clubhouse
SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
Post edited by ESavinon on

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,210
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Oh no...That's terrible news. I thought he had a slight recovery from the last time he posted. I guess he was just trying to bow out without too much drama.

Regardless of what you may have thought of Ben, it is a life cut short (he was in his early 40s) and his daughters are left without a father. I never had a problem with Ben. RIP bro.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,986
    edited October 2013
    Options
    wow...that is a tragedy. No children should have to grow up without a parent. Christ have mercy on those girls.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I am very sad to hear this. Ben was the first Polkie I talked to on the phone from the forum. He was helping with a problem I had with my Aragon amp. I pray his family gets through this time. His daughters must be heartbroken and I know Ben was always concerned about their well being. May God bless Ben's family at this time.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ben was never anything but nice and extremely helpful to me in the few times I dealt with him. As we say in the tribe, may his memory be a blessing to those who knew and loved him. I hope his family finds some peace.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This is absolutely terrible news. I can only hope for the best for his two daughters - who are two of the sweetest children you could ever meet. In fact, I still wear a beaded necklace every day as a good luck charm that one of them made for me about four years ago. Crushes me to look at it right now.

Say what you want about Ben, but his heart was always in the right place and his door was always open.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ben made me a set of his silver ICs for my phono preamp.

It was his influence that set me on the right path that everything matters when pursuing this hobby.

Sad to hear this news.

Good guy.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2013
    Options
    RIP Ben
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited October 2013
    Options
    God Bless you buddy. Thanks for the TT help and advice. Prayers for your girls & Mom. You'll be missed.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,616
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This is absolutely terrible news. Say what you want about Ben, but his heart was always in the right place and his door was always open.

^^^^^very true Zombie boy. A few yrs ago Ben told me he was very ill and the problems he had. Some here just thought is was another tall tale, but I could tell in his voice that what he was telling me was very true. He got a few more years than he thought he would but to be honest I do not think for one minute it was worth the pain he went through EXCEPT for his girls that is it. He so wanted to be here for them no matter what. Ben offered me anything I wanted out of his gear, he didn't have much left but wanted to go to a good home. I declined the offer as I told him he would need it someday and all this would pass. Sadly as we now know the rest of the story...
    Rest in Peace my friend you are now pain free(I hope)
    Ivan
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited October 2013
    Options
    RIP Ben. He was very nice to me when I first joined this forum and reached out for some custom speaker wires. I'm still running Ben's wires in my Rti set up today, and won't be changing anytime soon.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,119
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Sorry to hear of his passing... Has anyone set up a fund for his girls? I would like to donate if possible.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited October 2013
    Options
    a good guy who was always helpful to me..my xovers have sung for 4 years and will sing for alot more thanks to Ben..RIP
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    edited October 2013
    Options
    That's terrible news! Ben was a friend and helped me out in so many ways. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Godspeed Ben! You will be missed!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,353
    edited October 2013
    Options
    RIP Ben.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,477
    edited October 2013
    Options
    RIP Ben..we will Pray for your family & friends
    Randy/Maine
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited October 2013
    Options
    OMG. Horrible news. God be with his family.
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends, he is now where we are all going someday, hope he is allright.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • Fongolio
    Fongolio Posts: 3,516
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ben's silver IC's in my rig too. So sad to be gone so young. Rest in peace Ben.
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-55
    NAD 1130 Pre-amp
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Sad to hear; thoughts with him and his family, especially his little girls. Heartbreaking for them - hope they find the strength they need to persevere through a very difficult time that came too soon.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Prayers to his family ....still usin his silvers in da rig ... rock on Ben
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,574
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Very sorry to hear this. Way to young. Thoughts and prayers to his family.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,945
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I am speechless, Ben was the first polkie I talked to on the forum as well, sold me my first amp, built me IC's, upgraded my crossovers, helped me learn a lot of audio stuff..

I lost touch with him sometime ago, with the circus of crap that happened around here, I feel very small about now..

R.I.P Brother!!!!!
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited October 2013
    Options
    OMG !!!!!!!! I feel so bad about that, I sold him an emotiva amp and we talked about his condition and he thanked me for being a good friend to him and not being judgemental. The guy was in pain man as I could just tell, he was out in the garden getting some wood n stuff and broke his ribs just from trying to do some heavy lifting.

I just cannot believe this new and totally heartbroken as the guy may have had a few wacky posts but we all do and he was part of our family here. Makes me wana cry thinking about his young life to have slipped away from him and those kids mourning their dad. Big lump in my throat here typing this and a horrible thing to have happened as we all know he did have a kind heart.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2013
    Options
    That is horrible news! I feel so bad for his daughters. RIP Ben!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,386
    edited October 2013
    Options
    RIP buddy. No more pain. Our families thoughts go out to his two daughters. Ben was way too young and even though we knew years ago that this was coming, it doesn't make it any easier. He had a lot of issues but as mentioned, he had a great heart and would not hesitate to give you the shirt off his back....even if he had to borrow one to do so.

The "magic" we heard that one night is something I'll never forget.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Tom,, if you are referring to the evening you,me,Ben,Russ and my brother were there,it was indeed magic, fond memories that I will not forget,,I think you and zombie put it best,,at this point in my life,I'm just thankful for the good things I've done,and regret not doing more.Rest in peace Ben,, my condolences to his family.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,386
    edited October 2013
    Options
    That was the one, George.....that was the one.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Guys, make sure you make a comment on the link provided. I think the family would really appreciate it.

Man this has really bothered me all day today, I can't shake it. Bev & I are hitting a shot tonight in his honor, and shot is going in the ground for Ben.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Such a shame! My thoughts and prayers are with his family, especially his two daughters!
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2013
    Options
    My condolences to his family.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2