New PS4 preorders on Amazon $399.99

Options
Dabutcher
Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
edited August 2013 in Video Games
Amazon announced yesterday the good news. Only catch is you get it on December 31st? I really do not understand the preorder deal on anything? Peace. D
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
Post edited by Dabutcher on

Comments

• leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited June 2013
    Options
    When will it be available in stores?
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I would guess November, just like the new xbox.
  • specd_out
    specd_out Posts: 505
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I think those dates are just until official dates are release. 12/31 is the end of the year. The one thing we know for sure is that it will be a 2013 release. so I am sure they are just CYA
    HT Rig Samsung 64F8500 |Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD|Pioneer Elite VSX-32| Two Carver TFM-15cb Bridged for mains|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15 Heights|Polk Audio FXia6 Surround|DIY 8cuft Dayton Ultimax 15" powered with a Crown XLS1000
    2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1BillD Mod|Carver M1.0t MkII Opt2|Pro-ject RM 1.3|SpeedBox S|AQ King Cobras|AQ Rocket88|
    ISF Level 2 Certified Calibrator
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,168
    edited June 2013
    Options
    They must plan to have this available for the Christmas holiday rush.

I am sure they learned their lesson as I remember that when the PS3 was first released around Christmas years ago, there were not many to be found in the stores and the demand was so great and people were really upset about not being able to get it for Christmas. I was one of the lucky ones and got one. A few days before Christmas my 2 youngest sons and I popped in to our local WalMart around 10pm to pick up some junk food after their guitar lesson and we passed by the electronics department and they had just put out two PS3s. You could not find one of those anywhere at the time! People were selling them on ebay for over a thousand dollars. It was just incredible. Well, of course I bought it as my sons were dying to get a PS3. It was like hitting the jackpot. I remember how excited we were to find one, lol. That was nice. But most people were not so lucky and could not get one until well after Christmas. So I hope they learned from that fiasco and will have the PS4 available before Christmas.
  • sandracampbell
    sandracampbell Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I've pre-ordered a few items, and they have always shipped before the actual release date! This means that usually I'll get the item on the day the rest of the world can buy it, although there was one time I actually got it a day early.

In any case, it is great that Amazon will always give us the lowest price, even if the manufacturer raises it between the time we ordered it and the actual date of release.
  • Nach
    Nach Posts: 9
    edited July 2013
    Options
    They've no official launch date. But I believe November or early December. They certainly won't be missing the holidays.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I think I'm in on the PS4.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • jbooker82
    jbooker82 Posts: 1,627
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I pre ordered my PS4 through game stop. I went with the Kill Zone package and added on an extra controller, and camera.
    AVR: Onkyo Tx-NR808
    Amplifier: Carver A-753x 250 watts x 3
    Fronts: Polk RTI A7 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Center: CSI A4 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Rear: FXI A4
    Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    TV: LG Infinia 50PX950 3D
    Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 8
    IC: AudioQuest Black Mamba II