Headphones with controls

po001
po001 Posts: 3
edited May 2013 in Headphones
hi. i was needing some suggestions about headphones in-ear...(over ear as last resort), that had the controls attached (i.e. play, next and volume.) the only ones i see are only compatible for iPods. I have a cowon.

i wanted the wired headphones not blue-tooth.

i'm not to sure which one will work because some say made for iPod and others say -compatible with mp3 players such as iPods (Which i take as the same thing.

I was trying to stay under 100 dollars.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Post edited by po001 on

Comments

• Syndil
    Syndil Posts: 1,582
    edited May 2013
    po001 wrote: »
    hi. i was needing some suggestions about headphones in-ear...(over ear as last resort), that had the controls attached (i.e. play, next and volume.) the only ones i see are only compatible for iPods. I have a cowon.

i wanted the wired headphones not blue-tooth.

i'm not to sure which one will work because some say made for iPod and others say -compatible with mp3 players such as iPods (Which i take as the same thing.

I was trying to stay under 100 dollars.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I understand what you're asking for, but as far as I know it does not exist. The problem is that there is no universal standard for wired controls. Volume controls are no problem, but play and next... I think you will only find those on a Bluetooth set of headphones, where a standard exists, or of course on an Apple, which apparently has a wired standard. The Klipsch that Zingo mentioned says it works "on certain Apple products."

I have had players with wired controls that were not Apple, but in each instance the wired controller came with the player. I doubt they would work on any other player. For example, my old Toshiba Gigabeat F40 has a controller that plugs into the headphone jack, then the headphones plug into the controller. But I doubt that controller would work with your Cowon or any other player. I could be wrong, of course, as I've never tried it.

However, a quick eBay search for "Cowon remote" turns up this result:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Remote-Control-for-Cowon-A2-A3-P5-Q5-/270739356606

Along with several results for Cowon EM1 earphones with built-in mic and remote. So maybe one of these items will work for you.

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII