Got a new car, now I need a new audio plan...

Toxis
Toxis Posts: 5,116
edited May 2013 in Car Audio & Electronics
So I'm keeping my civic but picked up a second, more functional car. What's more functional than a 2010 Honda Element EX AWD? So now I'm looking into the new system plan. I am going to install the Alpine W505 head unit that I forgot I had and never installed in the civic. I have the video bypass, backup camera, H100 processor, steering wheel control unit and Alpine Nav unit. Should be scoring the JL stealthbox for substage and not losing my space that defined why I bought this car. Now what to do for components up front, coaxes in the rear doors, and what amps/where to put them. Gonna pull the front seats to see if I can get them under there, otherwise, no idea. Not sure how long I'll keep the civic or if I'll sell it to get a motorcycle... So I'm not sold on taking the SR's out yet. But they're hard to find now at a good price. I actually have some SR5250's set up as coaxes with crossovers already so they might go as rears if I can find some 6500's at a decent price. Or if they're that valuable, maybe trade for some components and coaxes? I'll see if there's anyone out there looking to do a trade. Anyway, new cars always sparks up my love of car audio!!
Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
Post edited by Toxis on

Comments

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited May 2013
    As far as speakers...I posted on the sale page for the SR6500 by DSkip. Unless you are set on the SR6500's, there are other options. As far as amps...since you are a true Polk fan, maybe their class D amps due to the smaller size? Or the PPI's are a good value and the JL's are cool. However, if size is not a big deal then there are a ton of choices.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Toxis
    edited May 2013
    I already have the JL stealthbox on the way but amps will be determined once I pull the front seats to check clearance. As for speakers, I'm contemplating getting new speakers for the Civic and move the SR's to the Element and run my 5250's as rears since they're already coaxially mounted. I'm already active on the Civic so just raw drivers might work, just need to see what will work in the A pillar cut outs from the SR tweeters.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2013
    Why not go without rear speakers altogether and just use comps up front then get a good 5 channel amp. Something like the JL 900/5 or 700/5 for example. Those things are tiny and would fit under most seats. I recently went 5 channel with my setup and I love it. It is so nice only having to deal with 1 set of wires and I really loved being able to run 4 gauge instead of the 1/0 gauge monster.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Toxis
    edited May 2013
    Well I have 30ish ft of 1/0 laying around, no big deal there. I also have fronts only in my civic but my element will have passengers so I figured I'll have rears for them. Plus, bigger cab, more volume. Even though I saw a guy who put a 5.25" component set in the A pillars then big mid basses in the doors. If I didn't want to keep it simple and stealthy, that intrigues me. But I'll KISS....