dynamat

ipartywhenuhurt
ipartywhenuhurt Posts: 130
edited May 2013 in Car Audio & Electronics
Im finally on vacation after 2 years of hard work, so its time to finish car :') Do you guys know where can get decently priced Dynamat ? and what i should buy to help sound prof the car on top of dampening it with Dynamat ?
Post edited by ipartywhenuhurt on

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited May 2013
    Im finally on vacation after 2 years of hard work, so its time to finish car :') Do you guys know where can get decently priced Dynamat ? and what i should buy to help sound prof the car on top of dampening it with Dynamat ?

Caraudiodeals.com had very good prices when I bought some back in the day.

There are different types of dynamat besides just the extreme version. There is one for use for like floorboards and whatnot, however you can use dynamat extreme as well if you want.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ipartywhenuhurt
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the fast response :D Do you know what i have to do to keep the music in my car? i hate it when people outside my car tell me to turn it down when I'm having a moment :(
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the fast response :D Do you know what i have to do to keep the music in my car? i hate it when people outside my car tell me to turn it down when I'm having a moment :(

Personally I put a layer of dynamat extreme on all 4 door panels and 2 layers over my entire trunk, sound gets out, but no rattles.

The roof gets tricky as you need to take out LOTS of stuff, same with the floor.

Personally if you REALLY want to do it right you need to line the outside of the door panel (going through the inner door panel) the interior of the inside door panel as well. That will keep the bass from rattling outside your door panels and help with resonance however if you have a nice system and crank it folks will hear it regardless however it will keep down the amount they hear. It also will eliminate lots of rattles.

I dont mind hearing the bass from a car, but when the trunk goes BUZZZZZZZZZZZ, BUZZZZZZZ it irks me to no end :smile:

I used to put down a layer and smack it with my hand. If it didnt ting as much, or sounded like a nice dull thud then there was enough material, if it kinda pinged I would add another layer.

Now keep in mind I have a 125x2 amp and had a 400x1 amp and was pushing out around 120db in my car when I finally maxed out my volume. YMMV depending on how loud you get with how much you need.

Start with whatever speakers are amped and a sub. If you have 2 speakers off an amp and 2 off the headunit, just do the 2 off an amp. If that makes sense.
    Just depends on how much you want to spend. I used 2 full dynamat extreme kits on all my 4 doors and trunks but I installed myself to save some cost.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited May 2013
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • ipartywhenuhurt
    edited May 2013
    vital wiill that work? its cheap i could do my whole car with that price....but i dont know much about this stuff how does it compare? have you used it?
  • ipartywhenuhurt
    edited May 2013
    i would only save like 10$ going vitals way :/ im going to start with the trunk
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    edited May 2013
    When the trunk goes buzzzz it's usually the licence plate vibrating, easily taken care if with a piece of foam behind it..
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited May 2013
    I've done my entire civic (except roof) with raammat. Highly recommend the stuff! Thicker and better than Dynamat Extreme and more flexible to mold it to curved floors and door panels. I did a layer of mat then glued a layer of ensolite on top of that. Mat kills rattles and vibrations, ensolite (closed cell foam) blocks sound. My sub hammers but barely gets outside the car even though my windshield wipers can't work during most rap songs. Haha.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.