My screen name fascination

scottyboy76
scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
edited March 2013 in The Clubhouse
There is no end to my fascination with other peoples screen names, how did they come up with that, is there a significance or deeper meaning, if i figure it out, will it lead me to buried treasure?

Seriously, if you care to share how you came up with yours, if it means omething,or if like me, you just thought up something quickly,easily remembered because you were just coming here to ask a question about a polk product and would not be here for long:rolleyes:, i really would be interested.
humpty dumpty was pushed
Post edited by scottyboy76 on

Comments

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2013
    I got it in the navy. It's a very long, and boring story. Would only be relevant to squids.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    edited March 2013
  • scottyboy76
    edited March 2013
    Not to anchor clankers obeione?

And zingo, i kinda thought yours might be a comedy reference, as in a zinger, never know.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited March 2013
    A friend and I had been drinking and both Roots and Shogun were on TV at the same time... and he looks at me and says, "What do you call a black martial arts master?"

Yeah, it's horrible... and if I could change it, I would.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited March 2013
    ^^^at least I know how to pronounce it now...actually funny

Mine is the obvious...lived in Galveston, and I fish alot

Moved off the island after hurricane Ike but still in Galveston County
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • scottyboy76
    edited March 2013
    believe it or not, kunta, that is exactly what came to my mind when i would see yours, not the joke, just the roots and martial arts references, swear to god.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2013
    My wife and Me.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Tornado Red
    Tornado Red Posts: 939
    edited March 2013
    I am neither a tornado (just ask at work) nor do I have red hair. My VW Jetta does have Tornado Red paint, however.
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    edited March 2013
    My son use to collect pokemon cards, that was taken as well as the Polk version, so I kind of reversed it.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    edited March 2013
    It's my name...
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    edited March 2013
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited March 2013
    t - The first letter of my first name.
    reitz - My last name
    3 - In memory of Dale Earnhardt Sr.

These combined make up my moniker, treitz3. Reitz is German and is pronounced like the word "rights". Most of the time folks give me a call for the first time off the forums, they pronounce my moniker like the word "treats". Cracks me up every time but I know full well that they don't know any better.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    edited March 2013
    A friend and I had been drinking and both Roots and Shogun were on TV at the same time... and he looks at me and says, "What do you call a black martial arts master

Yeah, it's horrible... and if I could change it, I would.
    Hilarious! I toast a beer to that one. Have of it is on my monitor. I wondered how to hell to prenounce it.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    edited March 2013
    My wife, sometimes, says...."well aren't you just so f'in perfect you should have a halo around your head?" She says that in a sarcastic way by the way. So it kinda stuck with me all these years. And 71 is when I was born. And I use to have a few Halo custom guitars in my collection. Not to be associated in any way with the video game.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • RduNC
    RduNC Posts: 87
    edited March 2013
    I think mine is pretty easy... I live here... lol
  • Syndil
    Syndil Posts: 1,582
    edited March 2013
    Came up with mine in 1995 with the aide of a random name generator. My goal was to find an internet handle that was completely unique. It was unique up until about 2000, when an author named Christine Feehan wrote a novel with a (female) vampire named Syndil. After that became popular, of course other people started to name themselves after one of their favorite characters and my hold on the moniker was no longer exclusive. However, I do own the domain, and in the majority of cases, if you see Syndil on the internet, it's me.

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited March 2013
    Sometimes I tend to turn up the tunes up pretty loud and if the wife comes home she tells me to turn that noise down, I usually listen to some aggressive type music when she is away at loud volumes. My last name being Noyes pronounced Noise. I think all the stuff I listen to is good so gudnoyez it is.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited March 2013
    Well you would think I have old fat dogs right?Its actuality a term of endearment between long time friends.It started out as ,You old fat hairy lazy effen dog.
  • ken brydson
    edited March 2013
    Oldfatdogs wrote: »
    Well you would think I have old fat dogs right?Its actuality a term of endearment between long time friends.It started out as ,You old fat hairy lazy effen dog.

That's funny right there...
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited March 2013
    Oldfatdogs wrote: »

That sounds like my ol' redneck buddy Jerry down in Atlanta talking. He would, however, omit hairy and add in bald because we both are.

Said the bald guy.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ken brydson
    edited March 2013
    treitz3 wrote: »
    That sounds like my ol' redneck buddy Jerry down in Atlanta talking. He would, however, omit hairy and add in bald because we both are.

Said the bald guy.

Tom

I pictured you with a mullett:cheesygrin:
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited March 2013
    2 of my first cars were "Z" cars..and my very first car was a Camaro Z28.

1980 Z-28 with a 406 small block
    1972 Datsun 240Z
    1976 Datsun 260Z (Right hand drive)

All 3 shared the license plate "ZLTFUL" or Zeelightful
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited March 2013
    At first I used my real name and location. One day it occurred to me that was not very bright since anyone with a propensity for burglary could get my address from the phone book and rob me. Especially after stating I just bought this and that. At the time I was driving a blue VW Fox, so that became my nom de plume.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • scottyboy76
    edited March 2013
    Some of these i had pegged, some never.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited March 2013
    These combined make up my moniker, treitz3. Reitz is German and is pronounced like the word "rights". Most of the time folks give me a call for the first time off the forums, they pronounce my moniker like the word "treats". Cracks me up every time but I know full well that they don't know any better.

I call you treats on purpose.... :-P

And...

Hey Vr3, three times a charms
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    edited March 2013
    I somehow got linked to this nickname from a friend at a party (a long, long time ago) while enjoying too many beverages. This refers to Thorton Melon from Back to School and the name has stuck. I loved Rodney in that movie so I guess the reference could have been a lot worse.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited March 2013
    gad·a·bout [gad-uh-bout]

noun

1. a person who moves about restlessly or aimlessly, especially from one social activity to another.

2. a person who travels often or to many different places, especially for pleasure. A restless seeker after fun

3. to visit or travel to a lot of different places, enjoying yourself and not worrying about other things you should be doing

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited March 2013
    my screen name "headrott" came from back in the early 90's when my best friend and I would play "early" online video games such as "DukeNukem3D" and "Rise Of The Triad", etc. My friend had a screen name of "spithead" and I wanted something to compliment that name. The shortened version of "Rise Of The Triad" was ROTT and so I combined the "head" portion of my friends screen name and the "ROTT" from "Rise Of The Traid" and it became "headrott". I've used it as a screen name ever since. Don't play online video games much anymore however.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • greyford1979
    greyford1979 Posts: 749
    edited March 2013
    Mine's easy, I have a 1979 Ford F150:cheesygrin:
    I love animals, they're delicious!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited March 2013
    Mine was a nickname I had among high school friends back in the '90's. Was really obsessed with zombie movies from the likes of Romero, Fulci, etc. The 2000 part made it sci-fi or something. Who knows? Either way, people just started calling me ZB or ZB2K. Some will still call me that if I haven't seen them in a while. So yeah...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore