iPod Classic and Bryston BDP1

Options
BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
edited March 2013 in Going Digital
My first music server was the iPod Classic and Wadia 171 iTransport. I still use it for work, along with a Benchmark DAC, and headphones.

Anyway, today I am adding more files to the drive I use with my BDP1, and then copying that drive onto a new drive I just bought for my new BDP1 I just received for the HT system. While that takes place I am music less unless I use the SACD player. However, it occurred to me to see what happens if I attach the iPod to the BDP1. It works! The directory names are screwy due to how Apple stores files, but all the music is there. So now I am playing tunes through the BDP1 with the iPod as a source.

Life is good. At least sometimes. :smile:
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.
Post edited by BlueFox on

Comments

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sometimes God, Mother Nature or both shine on us!

Enjoy the good fortune! :smile:
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• artistu1991
    artistu1991 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Options
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    edited March 2013
    Options
    artistu1911 you have been reported spammer