Polk SDA-SRS2's FOR SALE!!

Options
lab350
lab350 Posts: 39
Hello all,
I am new to the forum, but not new to Polk line-up. I am an avid seller/buyer on ebay as well. I thought I would try here to sell my
Polk SDA-SRS2's. For anyone that would like additional pics please email me at: mbrantner@netzero.net.
I purchased these from an original owner in FL about 5 yrs ago. They are in excellent condition/totally functional and come with the interconnect cable. I am only selling because I have 2 pr. I can ship these or local pick-up is welcome. I am located in Wi.
I would like to get 875.00 or obo for the set. Please email for all other questions.
Thanks,mike
Thanks, Mike
Post edited by lab350 on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Hey Mike, welcome to the Club...

Am I seeing double or do you have another pair hiding behind the front ones?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by lab350
    I am only selling because I have 2 pr.

Yup:)
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2004
    Options
    LOL... I really have to learn to read the entire post... :p

Mike, how 'bout some naked pics of the 2's...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • lab350
    edited May 2004
    Options
    I am willing to take 599.00+sh/pack as I am moving in 2 weeks and need to sell asap.
    Thanks, Mike
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Can a vintage expert explain to me the enormous price difference between these speakers:
    SDA-SRS and the SRS1.2TL ?
    they seem to be about the same size and have a similar driver design to them.

-Luc
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Luc,

The SDA SRS 1.2 TL's have more and better tweeters i.e. 4 SL3000's .vs. 2 SL2000's than the SDA SRS 2's and they have 4 more if not better drivers i.e. 8 .vs. 4.

See the components of each and others in this line here ... http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/service/models/modelpartslist.php3?model=sda
  • lab350
    edited May 2004
    Options
    The tweeters used in the original sda-srs
    line were actually the best sounding, most vivid and clean sounding they ever produced. More woofers does not =better sound if power is not there. The tl's in most peoples ears were a let down from polk. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, Mike
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Except for the comment about the 3000's being "better" than the 2000's, which may have been better described as upgraded or newer, my response was directed to the question of why the price difference which is what was asked as opposed to which is better. I am not an owner of either and have never done critical A/B listening tests of both at the same time so in that department I have no comment.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2004
    Options
    The SL3000 isn't all its cracked up to be. The best tweeters of the bunch are the replacement soft domes for the 2000/3000.

More drivers doesn't always equal better sound either. The CRS+ is the smallest of the bunch, and imo it "SDA's" better than ANY other model.

Ask the guys that went to the Texas gathering about their thoughts on the SRS-2.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • lab350
    edited May 2004
    Options
    I appreciate all your comments as you are all good folk. I need your help to sell these before I move. I need a new refrigerator and this would pay for it. So tell everyone you know please.
    Thanks much!!!
    Thanks, Mike
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    edited May 2004
    Options
    How many mids are in this puppy?
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • lab350
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Hi,
    There are 4-6.5" mids, 2-1" tweeters and a 15" passive radiator.
    Speakers come with interconnect cable as well. These speakers look and sound fantastic. Just need to sell asap so I can purchase a new refrigerator for house.
    Thanks, Mike
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by lab350
    The tweeters used in the original sda-srs
    line were actually the best sounding, most vivid and clean sounding they ever produced.

I disagree, the SL2000's have a nasty little spike that the SL3000's solved.
    More woofers does not =better sound if power is not there.

Almost any speaker will sound better when fed more power.

The tl's in most peoples ears were a let down from polk. Hope this helps.

LOL....that's the first time I've heard that one!

Your Polk's are nice speakers, but you're trying to oversell them to a group that knows SDA's like the back of their hand.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Jesse, at about where was the spike? Not sure why I did not notice it when I had mine.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • lab350
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Hi,
    I have a musical background as I have played in many bands etc and I know when what sounds the best. The tl's were way too tinny and did not have the accuracy the 2000 did. Polk started to cut there costs as they moved ahead in the sda line as mass marketing started taking place. The first generation sda's were definately superior in sound. I am not trying to oversell my product as I have complete knowledge and background in the vintage Polk line.
    Thanks, Mike
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by hotwheelman
    Jesse, at about where was the spike? Not sure why I did not notice it when I had mine.

Almost +5db around 12-13Khz.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Yeah, what Russ said and I also agree with him that the new soft dome replacement tweeters are better than the originals.

Cutting costs....ummmmmm......nope, the SL3000 cost more to produce than the SL2000.

"I have a musical background as I have played in many bands etc and I know when what sounds the best."

Well then, you should realize that what sounds good to one person does not to another.

Anyway, as I stated previously, they are fine speakers and I wish you luck with your sale.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lab350
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Hi F1nut,
    No hard feelings. YOu are correct what sounds good to one does not to next. I appreciate you stating that they are good speakers as well. Peace.
    Thanks, Mike
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Closeup pics with grills off?

Regards,
    PolkThug
  • F1nut
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Mike.....Hotwheelman, clean out your effn PM box!

President of Club Polk

• hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Cleaning out as we speak.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • lab350
    edited May 2004
    Options
    My Pm box is empty???
    Thanks, Mike
  • F1nut
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Not any more......lol.

President of Club Polk

• lab350
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Hi all,
    I need to sell these asap as I am moving next week and need the money for new refrigerator.

I am willing to part for 599.00+packaging/boxes which cost me over 150.00 and I will accept 80.00 for the boxes +sh.

Please help me anyone.

These are beautiful sounding speakers and are in terrific condition!!

You can contact me at mbrantner@netzero.net
    :D
    Thanks, Mike
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Put em up on ebay, doesn't look like anyone here is interested.
  • lab350
    edited May 2004
    Options
    I did and am waiting for second chance offer responses. Thks.
    Thanks, Mike
  • lab350
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Sold!!!!
    Thanks, Mike