Halo 4

Options
2»

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I would but the plastic is still on the box!!!
    WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • tommyt21
    tommyt21 Posts: 685
    edited December 2012
    Options
    We need to get 3 people from the forum to run through the campaign on legendary. Let's get something scheduled fellas.

I am RabidPuppy. Add me :smile:

I sent you a friend request Enders
    Living Room
    Fronts: RTi A7's
    Center: Csi A6 VR3 "Fortress Plus"
    Front Heights: Rti A1
    Surrounds: Rti A3
    Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4 Damn this is a good SUB
    Pioneer Pioneer Elite: SC-35-> Emotiva XPA-3
    TV: Lg LW6500 55" Passive 3D
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

Acoustimac red suede panels
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited December 2012
    Options
    We need to get 3 people from the forum to run through the campaign on legendary. Let's get something scheduled fellas.

I am RabidPuppy. Add me :smile:

im down
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited December 2012
    Options
    tommyt21 wrote: »
    I sent you a friend request Enders

me too
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yup, thats where I gave up playing on Legendary on solo lol.... after about 8 hours of not being able to get through that is lol.....

Finally made it to the next checkpoint after Cortona opened the doors. It was intense. I'm sure there are various ways to defend the hilltop, and this is how I did it.

There are 3 machine guns along the ridge line. Go to the second one, remove it, and take it to the third one, the one furthest from the doors. Then, as you are attacked, pick them off while being careful to not waste ammo. As the machine gun gets close to empty get near the third gun and grab it when the second gun is empty. Continue to pick them off. Shoot down the flying things since they provide shields to the bad guys. Now move in to the first machine gun and grab it when the third gun is empty. At this point there are a few stragglers left, and my suit charge was flashing red, but I was able to zap some, and get the suit recharged. Piece of cake. :rolleyes:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • oleon621
    oleon621 Posts: 178
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Halo 4 is cool but I think I enjoy call of duty a bit more. Still love playing online though.
    Front- RTI A7,(powered by ADCOM GFA 5500)
    Center- CSI5,
    Surrounds- RTI 6 and Rear Surrounds- TS 15.
    TV-Panasonic P55ST50
    SUB-SVS PB10-NSD and PSW505
    Receiver- Yamaha Aventage RX-A2000
  • BlueFox
    edited December 2012
    Options
    How long is this game? I was just genetically enhanced after meeting some female hologram AI. Now I am facing more machine gun dogs. This is also a checkpoint, so I stopped for the night.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited December 2012
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    How long is this game? I was just genetically enhanced after meeting some female hologram AI. Now I am facing more machine gun dogs. This is also a checkpoint, so I stopped for the night.

Total of 8 levels (10 including into and ending). Your about 3/4 of the way there.

I got the game beat on Legendary, got all the achievements minus all the terminals (which are next up).

We actually got my dad an Xbox for Christmas along with this game and a headset so the entire family can play online :biggrin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbiron
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I actually put the disc in and started playing. First impression isn't that good.
    Why do the guns feel so weak????
    Definitely want to start a Co-op campaign at everyone's earliest convenience. I think the weekend will be a great time to get the ball rolling here.
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I will say this, with multiple people, its SOOOOOO much easier.

I played co-op on heroic with my dad and brother today. We got through 5 levels in about 2.5 hours including watching all the cut scenes.

I figure if we get 4 people on Legendary we should have NO problem rolling through the entire game pretty quickly.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbiron
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Can do.
    What does your day look like on Saturday afternoon? (6EST and on) I don't plan on one marathon session but a coupe solid hours is in order.
    This invite is for others as well.
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2012
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Can do.
    What does your day look like on Saturday afternoon? (6EST and on) I don't plan on one marathon session but a coupe solid hours is in order.
    This invite is for others as well.

I should be able to do that. We have a birthday party for my wife neice at 2:30 and I dont know how long that will take but we should be home around then I would think... Also my wife surprised me with a new controller for christmas (I have worn out the zoom on all my other 4) so it would be a great time to break it in.
  • mrbiron
    edited December 2012
    Options
    (I have worn out the zoom on all my other 4)
    Who are you....Goro? Sounds like you rock 4player co-op by yourself. I must say, i'm a little jealous :lol:
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Who are you....Goro? Sounds like you rock 4player co-op by yourself. I must say, i'm a little jealous :lol:

As nerdy as this sounds my halo 4 stats speak for themselves, I am a BEAST with anything long range but especially with a sniper :biggrin:.

I straight up tear up a n00b :razz: so your in good hands on my team. I just need you to draw their fire hehehe. JUST KIDDING
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2012
    Options
    As nerdy as this sounds my halo 4 stats speak for themselves, I am a BEAST with anything long range but especially with a sniper :biggrin:.

I straight up tear up a n00b :razz: so your in good hands on my team. I just need you to draw their fire hehehe. JUST KIDDING

I meant to say Halo Reach stats..... was typing quick no my iphone at dinner :biggrin:
  • mrbiron
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Shooting from a far is for people who don't want to see the faces of their enemies....Nah that's cool...but i like to get balls deep into sticky situations. :twisted:
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Shooting from a far is for people who don't want to see the faces of their enemies....Nah that's cool...but i like to get balls deep into sticky situations. :twisted:

LOL.... oh I see their faces alright...............I see their faces explode... like BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!

[video=youtube_share;vjt1iuwPCBg]http://youtu.be/vjt1iuwPCBg[/video]
  • mrbiron
    edited December 2012
    Options
    So i played more last night. Whoever the new enemy is, their guns feel bigger, better, stronger.
    It's too bad that the new race feels a little after thought to the whole Halo universe. Maybe i should read the books or comics. That might clear everything up.
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2012
    Options
    So i played more last night. Whoever the new enemy is, their guns feel bigger, better, stronger.
    It's too bad that the new race feels a little after thought to the whole Halo universe. Maybe i should read the books or comics. That might clear everything up.

They become a pretty big PITA later on, trust me lol... Sorry about not being on last night, wife decided it was time to work on the nursery last night again so I got stuck with a paint brush instead of a controller.
  • BlueFox
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I haven't finished yet, so don't give me any spoilers about what might happen in the end, but I have to admit when The Flood appeared in the first Halo, that was one of my all time favorite game moments. They were just out of left field, and completely unexpected. I can still get a creepy feeling remembering trying to get away from them. It was almost like Doom 64 on the Nitendo. So far, none of other Halos have been able to match that level of intensity caused by The Flood.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Just got word we are closing a bit early today @ 4 EST. Anyone up for about 1 1/2 hour or co-op on Legendary?