Volume for Kick-Pods?

LittleCar_w/12s
LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
edited May 2004 in Custom Fabrication
The first thing I will be doing in my car, aside for replacing the window :( , will be creating kick-pods for the front. I call them kick-pods, because they are in the kick-panel, but aren't going to be a panel, but more of a pod...?...? I can pop up some concept drawings if I get bored, but My first question is:

It will be designed for I THINK 6" mids, a high, and a tweeter, but... What are general thoughts on the volume of the box?

The driver will be facing forward, the enclosure sealed. This means..... I can have a lot or a little volume, depending simply on how far I baloon the enclosure towards the firewall of the car. I could probably get even just short of a cu.ft. this way.

This is not a time pressing thread, of course, due to pending legal issues with the car vandals.. but I figure'd I'd get started now.

-Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
Post edited by LittleCar_w/12s on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited May 2004
    i believe that, for the mm6's at least, 0.1-0.3 cf is rec'd. i'd assume about the same for any other driver; they're going to have similar suspensions, cause they're all designed for infinite-baffle.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited May 2004
    Wow, I could practically wrap the basket in glass for that kind of volume :p
    That's good news, though, I really don't want to take up so much room, as it would be nice to mount other things there too... maybe the alarm could go there... under a stealth-like cover of course :)
    -Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.