-Luc

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14996&item=3094976540
Post edited by trubluluc on

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Don't walk people, RUN - you don't see these often.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Right ... Let's all bid against each other ... maybe we can get the price north of $1000.

Then again, I guess not with a BIN of $700 ... If he only knew ...
  • samplesj
    samplesj Posts: 7
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by PolkWannabie
    Right ... Let's all bid against each other ... maybe we can get the price north of $1000.

Then again, I guess not with a BIN of $700 ... If he only knew ...

If I only knew what? ;)

Was I high or low? I meant for the Buy It Now to be a little on the higher side sinces it a convience factor for the buyer.

sorry had to edit it because I clicked the wrong quote button
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited May 2004
    Options
    So you like the Rockets better than the Polk's?

Looks like you have an IB sub in the works as well, if I am not mistaken
  • samplesj
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Ceruleance
    So you like the Rockets better than the Polk's?

Looks like you have an IB sub in the works as well, if I am not mistaken

I really liked the RT5000 system for a long time and still do for movies, but when I moved my room around it developed a brightness issue. The whole front of the room is empty now. Even with a rug on the hardwood and textured ceiling I still couldn't listen to the older Polks for music for more than 10-15 minutes before I had a splitting headache. Even adding the B&K amp it was just still too bright for me.

Its really more of a personal preference than this speaker is better than that one. I just happen to like warmer sounding music. YMMV.

To be far they should probably be compared to the LSi series since they have the same Vifa tweeter. I wanted to hear the LSi's, but I don't have a local dealer so I couldn't audition them. Admittedly I couldn't audition the Rockets either, but I knew I would only be out shipping if they didn't work out.

If IB = infinite baffle, then no I don't have one in the works. I actually have a couple of Rocket UFW-10s. I was going to get a SVS PB2+, but it was backordered and 750 owners got a special discount on 2 UFW-10s so it was a decent price difference. They won't go as low as the SVS, but for music they are awesome.
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited May 2004
    Options
    ahh ok. I was just wondering about the IB because I saw that big hole in your wall
  • samplesj
    edited May 2004
    Options
    oh, the hole. It is from running rear cable, but I've left it open to put in a small door, because its actually a fairly big opening underneath the stairs.

Jeremy
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by samplesj
    I meant for the Buy It Now to be a little on the higher side sinces it a convience factor for the buyer.
    A convenience factor ? or a certainty factor ? ... the latter I understand.

In looking at what you have 4Sale (BIN) .vs. average used ...

3000P - 2000 - 1290
    1000P - 800 - 540
    FX1000 - 700 - 680

The FX's BIN was closer to average used price than the others ... Plus there's almost someone or two or three people here looking for a pair ...
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Seems like such a shame to split up the family of Polks. Not only do the speakers from the RT5000p system come on the market infrequently, but these are the Rosewood finish in this case too. I remember seeing the same system in the Crutchfield store in Charlottesville a few years ago. Very nice appearance to the speakers.

I'd consider buying the set if I didn't already have 24 Polk speakers in my house and garage. Heck, even my computer speakers are made by Polk.