How does one find out who closed a thread and why ?????

Options
polkfarmboy
polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
edited July 2012 in The Clubhouse
Well I just got a thread I started closed down and would like to know why?

There was no reason for it to be closed and this is a form of censorship, have a look for yourself and tell me if you think the thread needed to be closed and the mods here are way out of line on this one

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?133827-Martin-Logan-price-hike-on-the-panels-and-parts-making-them-too-expensive-to-own

Now it just so happends that the rep for the post I mentioned used to coincidentally to be the mod on this forum called justin. http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?11712-Lifetime-Service-for-MartinLogan-Products

I think that he has some clout still on this forum and has asked a mod to censor the topic of discussion that is to educate folks from making the mistake of buying some (used)ML speakers in light of big price hike. This is an audio community and we deserve to say what is on our minds and how we feel

Edit: I have saw alot of threads that are really bad that spire way out of control and mods here just wipe a few bad posts
Post edited by polkfarmboy on

Comments

• cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Ummmm no. and this would probably left better to a PM with a mod if you had questions.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,100
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I recommend getting over it and moving on.

Polk owns this forum and they can close whatever thread they want... including this one...

Have a good night
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • polkfarmboy
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The forum has rules and provided they are not broken there should be no reason why a threads shut down.
  • wz2p7j
    wz2p7j Posts: 840
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Polkfarmboy, I don't think you broke any rules. Vote with your money. I have a boatload of Polk equipment now and when I upgrade none of it, and I mean none of it, is going to be Polk. I know this is unreasonable but it's because of the bad taste this site has left in my mouth over the years ....
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The forum has rules and provided they are not broken there should be no reason why a threads shut down.
    7) Do not brand bash. We're all in this together. Discuss what you like and dislike. But don't bash someone or something because you don't like it.

derp_hugh_laurie_gregory_house_m_d_rageface_desktop_1280x720_wallpaper-432336.jpg
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited July 2012
    Options
    wz2p7j wrote: »
    Polkfarmboy, I don't think you broke any rules. If the mods want to be dicks, they're going to be dicks. Vote with your money. I have a boatload of Polk equipment now and when I upgrade none of it, and I mean none of it, is going to be Polk. I know this is unreasonable but it's because of the bad taste this site has left in my mouth over the years ....
    derp_hugh_laurie_gregory_house_m_d_rageface_desktop_1280x720_wallpaper-432336.jpg
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Why must you always stir the pot. We can't go a day around here without you being a baby complaining about something or doing something insanely stupid. Just relax or go away.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,947
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Face wrote: »

LOL!!

Love it!! If I felt that way I would be homeless and naked.. Every Fourm has its goods and bads but to say I would never buy anything from them again is foolish because of it, as foolish as it is to keep coming around when you don't like it and post a jab when opportunity arises..

Keep coming back your my hero!!
  • polkfarmboy
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Well face you think I broke rule number 7) Do not brand bash. We're all in this together. Discuss what you like and dislike. But don't bash someone or something because you don't like it. Some folks get away with murder on here and just like to hurl abuse and trash talk for the sake of being a funny guy so when do these posters get the whip cracked down on them? Where are the mods then?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,848
    edited July 2012
    Options
    pfb wrote:
    Well I just got a thread I started closed down and would like to know why?

You already answered your question, because of you.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polkfarmboy
    edited July 2012
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    You already answered your question, because of you.

Thats not a valid reason
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,124
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Seems that with this thread, you have also forgotten rule #9...
    9) Forum rules & guidelines are not up for debate. This is not a democracy, but rather a private forum owned by Polk Audio. Anyone openly debating the rules we have set in place will be removed.

It was nice knowing you.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,292
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Reading your linked page, PFB, you had written:

"I think its terrible because ML does indeed manufacture a " PERISHABLE " product as all ML panels are designed in such a way that they eventually fail."

The implication I get from reading that is that Martin Logan has a "secret room" with "secret panels" that NEVER fail, but they purposely choose to put out "faulty" panels that they know will quickly fail in order to increase profits.

Panels "wear out", no matter who makes them.
    A loooooooonnnnnnggggg way down the road if driven by decent gear at responsible levels.
    Next week if driven by Kmart AVR's at "Party Time !" clipping levels.

Plus you start throwing in perceived and unsubstantiated possible conspiracies (" a former mod here is over there and is shutting down my innocent thread because they're unscrupulous ... " and ..... well, that just isn't too cool.

Now, if your description of their product support is as described, I would disagree with that business model.
    BUT: a resolution/change to that situation would be to voice that viewpoint over on the Martin Logan forum. You might actually accomplish a change over there.

If nothing else, it does point out once again the EXCELLENT nature of Polk and their committment to customer service and support for older products.
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Thats not a valid reason

It's as valid reason as any. Do you know the perfect answer to the question why? Because and that's all you need to know.

Do you have any idea the number of threads I've started or have posted in that were closed, sent to the Hall of Shame or simply vanished into thin air since I've been here? More than the number of posts you have.

A word of advice, quit whining.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    edited July 2012
    Options
    He excels at whining Jesse. I can't really think of a single thread he has started that wasn't or didn't degenerate into a self loathing exercise in teen angst.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Your missing the boat PFB, a valid reason ? Thats the point....it doesn't need to be valid or anything else. Could be it was done purely out of respect for Justin, just my opinion, plus the way you phrased your post.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Seems that with this thread, you have also forgotten rule #9...

It was nice knowing you.

Stop lying:lol:
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hello,
    Anytime someone has a question about why a thread is locked can send me a PM and I will explain.
    Regards, Ken
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Took me a max of reading about 3 sentences before I figured it out. If you don't get it, nothing I say is going to convince you, so I'm not trying.

Seriously? Lolol
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited July 2012
    Options
    wz2p7j wrote: »
    Polkfarmboy, I don't think you broke any rules. Vote with your money. I have a boatload of Polk equipment now and when I upgrade none of it, and I mean none of it, is going to be Polk. I know this is unreasonable but it's because of the bad taste this site has left in my mouth over the years ....

Generally speaking, people that choose of there own volition to remain in abusive relationships are in need of professional help. Again, just generally speaking. Making nooooo comparisons vis a vis my statement and your post. Not at all. Carry on

Btw. I hear Audioholics is a great audio forum. Should check em out
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited July 2012
    Options
    You have to learn "when to walk away" and "let it go" or you'll muck up most of your threads. Believe me, as Jesse, points out and I will add, I've overstepped the rules here any number of times. And as soon as I realize that I've F-d up, I chill!

I suggest you take up Ken's offer above and do the same!

And the very "worst" thing you can do is take it "personally"!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • polkfarmboy
    edited July 2012
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    You have to learn "when to walk away" and "let it go" or you'll muck up most of your threads. Believe me, as Jesse, points out and I will add, I've overstepped the rules here any number of times. And as soon as I realize that I've F-d up, I chill!

I suggest you take up Ken's offer above and do the same!

And the very "worst" thing you can do is take it "personally"!

cnh

I have taken a back seat here that why I am not going to keep posting
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Given the circumstances, that's probably a good idea.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I have taken a back seat here that why I am not going to keep posting

Statistically, the back seat is the safest place for an infant.

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited July 2012
    Options

Now, THAT, I like!! :lol:
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Where is the love?

Where is the love?
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2012
    Options
    bikezappa wrote: »
    Where is the love?

Where is the love?

Would you like a bottle and a "bankie" too?:razz:

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    edited July 2012
    Options

In my day, the back seat was the start of an infant. Have things changed ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    edited July 2012
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    In my day, the back seat was the start of an infant.

Paradise by the dashboard light.

President of Club Polk

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ibtl.jpg
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it