Larry! (and others)

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited May 2012 in The Clubhouse
Please shoot me an email. I can't send you a PM for some reason so please shoot me an email, or look me up on facebook (ben62670@yahoo.com)
Thanks guys.
Ben
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited May 2012
    Go away.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited May 2012
    +1000
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • ben62670
    edited May 2012
    1nut I still get lots of emails from previous posts I have made on here. I do not do anymore work on electronics. I am not selling anything. I tell people to join CP all the time. I tell them what a great place/community this is place is. I have a bunch of stuff I would like to give away on here. Nobody where I am appreciates decent stuff. When I am gone I don't want a bunch of stuff left behind for my mom to deal with. I want people that appreciate the things I am going to be giving away to get them. So please continue to bash away.
    Thanks much
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited May 2012
    What's up Ben.. Hope everything is going good for you.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    edited May 2012
    Ben, your post kind of sounded a lilttle ... despondent ? Remember, the worse it gets, the better it gets. How ? Heck, you get to the bottom of the well, your life becomes easy. No decisions to make, your only choice is ... "UP".
    How you got into the well in the first place doesn't matter; your fault, my fault, nobody's fault, doesn't matter. Only one choice ... "UP'.

Now, as to the matter of you giving stuff away: I'll take F1's Maggies, NooshinJohn's lil' 400 watt tube project thingy, .... uhm ... GG's vinyl, mhardy's vintage stuff (just Sansui, Kenwood, Pioneer branded, I'm not trying to be a pig. Not sure if he has any Klipschorns, check that out please), heiny's tube gear ....... throw in some of Sal's SDA's ...... any way you could get ahold of one of MP's white lab coats ? Just thinking out loud, but I think I'd look good in a white lab coat.

:wink: The point being (kind of), in the immortal words of Mott the Hoople: "Once Bitten Twice Shy". Don't get PO'd if some folks have some not too fond memories of days of yore. Just remember: "UP".

P.S. Don't substitute the crappy White Lion OBTS version; stick with the original Mott the Hoople.
    Sal Palooza
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    edited May 2012
    Ben, your post kind of sounded a lilttle ... despondent ? Remember, the worse it gets, the better it gets. How ? Heck, you get to the bottom of the well, your life becomes easy. No decisions to make, your only choice is ... "UP".
    How you got into the well in the first place doesn't matter; your fault, my fault, nobody's fault, doesn't matter. Only one choice ... "UP'.

Now, as to the matter of you giving stuff away: I'll take F1's Maggies, NooshinJohn's lil' 400 watt tube project thingy, .... uhm ... GG's vinyl, mhardy's vintage stuff (just Sansui, Kenwood, Pioneer branded, I'm not trying to be a pig. Not sure if he has any Klipschorns, check that out please), heiny's tube gear ....... throw in some of Sal's SDA's ...... any way you could get ahold of one of MP's white lab coats ? Just thinking out loud, but I think I'd look good in a white lab coat.

:wink: The point being (kind of), in the immortal words of Mott the Hoople: "Once Bitten Twice Shy". Don't get PO'd if some folks have some not too fond memories of days of yore. Just remember: "UP".

P.S. Don't substitute the crappy White Lion OBTS version; stick with the original Mott the Hoople.

That would be Great White not White Lion..
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    edited May 2012
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

Great tune........bring a fire extinguisher though.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    edited May 2012
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

You're right. :redface: Also known as LZWB, or "Led Zepplin Wanna Be". :rolleyes:

Also, from the "Tunes Can Get You Through" files: REO's "Keep Pushing".
    (no fire hazards should be expected)

As illustrated below.

wnFPK.gif
    Sal Palooza
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited May 2012
    Clear your mailbox, Ben!
  • ben62670
    edited May 2012
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Clear your mailbox, Ben!

Email me!!!
    My phone that had your number won't even turn on:( The internet here at this hospital is almost as bad as the food. It litterally took me 55 minutes to get this one post up! My new number is 860-373-1208 Call me anytime.
    Later
    Thanks
    Ben
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited May 2012
    Ben, it sounds like you're saying you're goodbyes in preparation for "checking out" ! If that is the case, I am very sorry to hear it and hope that you can get better instead ! If not, Godspeed ! Jesse's gonna' hate til his dying day, it's what he does best, ain't it ?!? If he's there when I get to Hell......... I'm gonna ignore him !!!!:cheesygrin:
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited May 2012
    Hey ben good to see you here.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • ben62670
    edited May 2012
    gdb wrote: »
    Ben, it sounds like you're saying you're goodbyes in preparation for "checking out" ! If that is the case, I am very sorry to hear it and hope that you can get better instead ! If not, Godspeed ! Jesse's gonna' hate til his dying day, it's what he does best, ain't it ?!? If he's there when I get to Hell......... I'm gonna ignore him !!!!:cheesygrin:

Well I screwed up with some of my PF family here and tried to make amens. There are a couple that went overboard on me, but I really was trying to fix my screw ups. I was in no position to wave my magic wand and fix all the problems that I created in a timely enough manner to please everyone. Please don't take what I am saying as an excuses or anything like that. I have not been around here hardly at all. What I have been doing is trying to make sure if something goes bad that my Mom won't have to deal more stuff than she may have to deal with if things get bad like they just did about a week ago. I watched my Grandmother have to see most of her children off and I can't even fathom being a parent having to be in that position. I have 2 little incredibly beautiful girls that I couldn't even begin to imagine the pain of loosing them. I hope to get the transplant. If I can get that and it works then I may get to see my girls graduated and marry... As for stuff I have I just want to get some of the stuff I have collected to people that will appreciate it. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Sorry I am not so attentive to my friends and their well wishes and prayers. I do appreciate your kind words. Keep an eye out for some Karma's that will be cheap to ship. E I was actually looking at your number in the wee hours wanting to call ya. I will call when I regain some more strength.
    Take care.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited May 2012
    Wishing only the best for you, hang in man !!!:wink:
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited May 2012
    Hope you get through your medical condition. But I am with F1nut, go away.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited May 2012
    Great tune........bring a fire extinguisher though.

NOT funny. 200 people died in that fire, one of which I worked with, and he was a really nice guy.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited May 2012
    Ben Contact me I'll give some things a good home...
  • ben62670
    edited May 2012
    Hey pitdogg2
    My number is 860-373-1208
    feel free to call.
    Thanks much.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 674
    edited May 2012
    Ben,
    I am relatively new here. I just want to say that I have been reading this thread and although I do not know you, you are in my thoughts and prayers as is your family. God bless!

Dan
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • maximillian
    edited May 2012
    You PM box is full again. Did you clear out the sent folder too?
  • ben62670
    edited May 2012
    You PM box is full again. Did you clear out the sent folder too?

I did not clear out any room in my PM box. I pop in a couple times every 3-6 months. If I clear out my PM box then people will think that I am ignoring them when in fact I am just not here. Please shoot EMAILS only to me, or feel free to call me. My number is posted right here for everyone to see.
    Take care.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited May 2012
    Thoughts and prayers sent bro. I only wish the best for you, so that you can make amends and correct any issues/faults you made. Hope it all gets better.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited May 2012
    I hope you get well enough to see your daughters graduate and marry and have a nice long life.

That said, it's pretty ridiculous for you to pop in here every 6 months or so and give this picture of gloom and doom, have people get all gushy over you and then not expect anyone to call you out on your past behavior. I have been here for years and this is a cycle that probably happens twice a year with you. Same thing happened with Joe and a couple other members. It's pretty self serving and transparent in my opinion. You post a thread about getting in touch with someone when you could have easily contacted them outside the forum and then turn the thread into a farewell talking about your daughters and how you want your precious gear to go to people who appreciate them. Well, some may not know the times you have taken advantage of the people here, so it all rings hollow. I apologize for being blunt and sounding cynical and mean, but it is really exhausting and not fair to the forum. All you have to do is right click on the member name and push "Send an Email". That way you are not polluting the forum with your needless threads and portraying a righteous attitude bestowing gifts that most likely will never come to fruition. Your word here has been stained.

Hope you get well and all the best, but I agree with F1Nut.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • ben62670
    edited May 2012
    Shawn I am sorry you feel that way. I don not have any stellar gear, or ever had any stellar gear. What I do have is stuff that people like GV27 hooked me up with that I am not using. I do appreciate people putting me in their prayers. When I get home there is some stuff that I have that won't cost me much to ship, and others can learn from the stuff I have personally learned from. If people don't want to see what I am saying please put me on ignore. When I have stuff together for Karma's please don't muck up the threads with anything. I am not asking for any shipping money or anything else. Nobody send me a red cent. That is not what this is about.
    Take care.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    edited May 2012
    Ben,

Hang in there man! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and give you a call later. Hang in ther for your daughters, which I know you are doing everything you can.

Steve
  • maximillian
    edited May 2012
    Ben, I am sorry to hear about your hardship. I hope you get better. But I have to agree with Shawn, that is why I replied initially the way I did.

Things are "cool" in the sense that our business dealings are complete. This doesn't mean that I am happy with how the transaction completed. But to emphasize, I don't want anything from you because I empathized with your past difficulties. And really, I don't think I need the item any longer so I settled the way I did. But your performance on the transaction was poor. And from the numerous other complaints that have been shared it seems like I wasn't an isolated case. You shouldn't be surprised that people tell you to go away.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited May 2012
    Hey Ben, hope everything turns out for the best.
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited May 2012
    Ben, I wish you the best.

God Bless!
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • ben62670
    edited May 2012
    Ben, I am sorry to hear about your hardship. I hope you get better. But I have to agree with Shawn, that is why I replied initially the way I did.

Things are "cool" in the sense that our business dealings are complete. This doesn't mean that I am happy with how the transaction completed. But to emphasize, I don't want anything from you because I empathized with your past difficulties. And really, I don't think I need the item any longer so I settled the way I did. But your performance on the transaction was poor. And from the numerous other complaints that have been shared it seems like I wasn't an isolated case. You shouldn't be surprised that people tell you to go away.

If you look a couple of post up you will see that again I am not here to make any coin. I am not going to let anybody that doesn't really know me bother me. If I ask for a dime from anyone here please report me and I hope that Polk would put a permanent ban on me. If I need anything for shipping I will pay for the shipping, but I may ask for shipping compensation after the they get their package. I am not expecting everyone to approach me with welcome arms. I was here almost 5 years before I messed up. I was able to be helpful to many on here and talking to many people on the phone. I am not patting myself on the back with the previous statement. I did that not to make me look great, but because CP was so instrumental in teaching me, or pointing me in the right direction.
    Thanks for the Prayers and emails. Email and phone is the only way to reach me. I don't do PM's anymore because I am not here for extended periods of time.
    Ben
    PS:Thanks Max
    Thanks
    Ben
  • DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited May 2012
    Just let your action do the talking, Ben. Say sorry to anybody that you wronged, quietly do any good deed that you want to do, and don't make a fuss out of it. It'll be more effective than words.
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000